Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 ** Member of the week!! cutie3500!! **

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:15 pm

YEAH YOU! 

What was the first summery thing you did as soon as your school got out? OR what will it be???

I went swimming! Man, I missed swimming. 

What is your best summer memory?

It was spending time with my friends and family at this really cool waterpark resort-place we went to two years ago. 

If you got the chance to go to the moon (just for this summer), would you take it? 

I don't think so. I would miss home too much, and I would constantly be paranoid the oxygen would run out. 

If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?

Hmm, I'm not sure! Maybe a dolphin, because I'm really talkative and playful, but sometimes I like to be quiet and just go with the flow. 

Favorite book turned movie? Favorite summer activity? Favorite sea creature?

Catching Fire, swimming (or sleeping in. That counts), sea otter. 

If a fairy said she would grant you one wish that would last for a lifetime, what would you wish for?

I would wish for an eidetic memory (a memory where I remember everything).

What song are you listening to right now? If you're not listening to music... what was the last song you listened to? 

The last song I listened to was "This Is War" by Thirty Seconds to Mars. 

Do you have any songs you associate with your favorite work of ficiton/favorite character? (And which if yes, obviously )

Are you kidding? Of course! Say Something, I Love You (by Woodkid), Run, You Could Be Happy (both by Snow Patrol), All of Me, Let Her Go and many more I can't remember. They're all for ships I love, Philinda and Warstan (Phil Coulson/Melinda May and Mary Morstan/John Watson.)

What's on your to-read list for the summer?

The whole Mortal Instruments Series and any other book that happens to interest me. 

If you could save the world from any enemy, what would they be? (anything from aliens to even an illness, really)

I think the enemy would probably be mankind itself. I know it sounds kind of dumb, but I think we are more likely to be our own enemy than some illness or, even less likely, aliens. 

What's your favorite type of humor?

Um, ironic humor? Or coincidental humor, where you find somehting that makes the perfect subject for a joke just by chance. 

Have you ever had your hair done/did your hair something you really regretted? 

One time I decided to get my hair cut a little shorter than normal, but I regretted it immediately because it looked awful and I couldn't pull it back. 

Any "accidental" haircuts?

No.  

If you could choose your hair color, what would it be?

I honestly think I would keep my hair the way it is, except maybe with some red highlights or something ( have dark brown hair with a little red already). 

Least favorite film adaptation of a book you've read?

PERCY JACKSON. HANDS DOWN. 

OK tell me a song that always gives you chills:

I dunno if I have one. Maybe something by Florence and the Machine. Her songs are really powerful to me. 

Do you work during the summer? (You don't have to answer if that's too personal)

No. I'm too young to get a job, and there's no work for me to really do around the house, unless cleaning the bathroom counts.  

Oh, if you had to work for this summer but got to chose any job, what would it be?I think it would be working at my local roller rink. They have people who skate around the rink to keep an eye on the younger skaters, and I love skating, so I think it would be cool to get paid to skate! 

You open a gelato store. You have only 10 flavors. What are they? 

Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate, Peach, Strawberry Banana, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Banana Split and I know that's only eight, but that's all I got!

Cat or dog?

Dog. 

Cold or hot?

Cold.  

Pool or Beach?

Pool. 

Do you go to summer camps?

Sort of. I'm going to Illinois on a church trip, which isn't really a camp, but then I have this actual summer camp for a week in July with a whole bunch of girls I know. 

Llama or alpaca? 

Alpaca!

What's your favorite summer drink?

Smoothie.

Where would you like to go on vacation this summer?

I'd really like to go to New York or London. Those are the two places I want to go to the most. Ever.

What do you think of bananas?

Love 'em! 

What's your favorite thing about summer food?

It's really cold and refreshing!

Are there any movies that come out this summer that you're looking forward to seeing?

The Fault in Our Stars, If I Stay, and Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Favorite superhero?

One with superpowers: Captain America. Superhero without powers: Hawkeye. I love them both. 

Are you a human being?

Yes! Um, maybe? WHO TOLD YOU?! 

Are you sure? 

Yes? 

WHAT TEAM?! 

WILDCATS!

If you were turned into a platypus, what would be the first thing you'd do?

I would figure out to become human again. Or freak out. Either works. 

Favourite vegetable?

Carrots. 

Do you know your patronus? What animal is it?

According to various quizzes I've taken, mine is either a wolf or a dolphin. I prefer the wolf. 

Any nicknames?

Not really. Though Maddie is sort of a nickname for my full name, Madeline.  

Which would you rather be stranded in: the Sahara or the Arctic?

Preferably neither, but if I had to choose one, the Arctic. I'd rather be really cold than really hot. 

~Maddie

Re: ** Member of the week!! cutie3500!! **
frequent_vsitor

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Congrats! Great answers! 

new

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:42 pm

CONGRATS! :mrgreen:

new

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Do you live in Kentucky???

contributor

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Woohoo! This is awesome! Thank you Katie! And to spunkykitten4, I actually live in North Carolina. :)

~Maddie, who has a super big smile on her face right now! :D

regular_contributor

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:47 am

Congratulations!

regular_contributor

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:04 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! Congrats Maddie you go gurl! :D 

new

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 pm