Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 My Life Before My Eyes=Gone?
visitor

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:00 pm
I was woken up on a Sunday morning to the weather that Sunday is supposed hold; sunshine! I knew that I was going to be late to church, so I hurried to get dressed. I secretly hid my mothers' car keys so she wouldn't go without me. My older brother and sister were ready, and my mother would leave very soon.
      I had the attic bedroom, which I shared with my sister, and the stairs were steep. The walls next to the staircase had peeling paint, and holes were nails from the railing came out. The white shelf next to the stairs had books and papers piled upon it. As I rushed upstairs, I swung on the rail--were the nails were coming out.
    After a while, I realized I had been taking a long time to choose my outfit. I finally chose: a black dress with purple flowers on it, and under that I would wear a pink turtleneck. The dress was long, and did not provide much walking space.
    I teetered to the stairs and stumbled on my dress! A million thoughts came to me at the time: I was going to die; land on a the shelf and hit my head, get twisted in an odd angle and never walk again. Suffer through the night in a hospital bed and die...the thoughts came in a rush of seconds, and I gasped, brought down to earth--the top of the stairs...with a firm grip on the unsteady railing that I could have brought down that morning...

Re: My Life Before My Eyes=Gone?

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm
It is like sooo good.  Keep Writing!!!

visitor

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 pm
That was just so amazing. Life for you just seems so hard, so unfair, so miserable. I can tell by your words that you are a good person though and I send you my sympathy. Keep writing!
-Unexplainable

frequent_vsitor

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 pm
wow. that is deep. please keep writing. this is not good....its AMAZING!!!

contributor

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 pm
You are an AMAZING writer!!!!!!!! I wish I could be as good as you. I'm only in sixth grade though and you sound like a college writer!!!!! Please keep writeing

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team