Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 My Unique Friendship
new

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:09 am

I was once one of the most popular girls in class. Every birthday party held, I was invited and usually was there. I wore quite stylish clothes, and hung out with the Pops. It was quite fun, but I didn't regret doing this thing that turned me from 'chic' to 'geek'.

It was on Tuesday, last lesson of the day, Malay. Our teacher, Mrs. Ashok, had almost forgotten to give back our BM books. I was putting back my dictionary, and said to Mrs. Ashok, "Should I give out the books?". She smiled gratefully and nodded. The WHOLE CLASS, even my so-called friends, stared at me in shock. All except these two girls, Stephanie and Jasmine. They looked quite pleased.

After school, almost everyone was giving me evil looks and sneers. Even my so-called friends said 'You had a prob or something? Geek!!" they chanted over and over and over again.

At first, I thought this was quite bad. I even told my personal tutor about it, and she just said to ignore it. That's when I began hanging out with Stephanie and Jasmine. They were girls with senses of humour, and yet, could be awfully serious, just like me. 

That started off my unique friendship with my friends. And right now? We're having an absolutely marvellous time together, joking, studying, doing everything best friends do!

Now who says you can't be a geek and have fun at the same time? smiley

Re: My Unique Friendship
visitor

Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm
That's true ... geeks can be fun at times ...

new

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:23 am
I'm glad you found some good friends. Sometimes being popular isn't all that it's cracked up to be. -Abby I s u p p o r t the ★★★BE NICE MOVEMENT!★★★ C o p y and p a s t e this to your s i g n o f f to show your s u p p o r t. I love animals reading writing ice skating and skiing! My motto: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

new

Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 pm
Ay! Rockcutegirl, geeks are ALWAYS fun! And I am one... AND it's better to be a geek then to be popular ,when your a geek you have character, (pops have it to) so BE NICE. And I've had experience. And I think this story is utterly brilliant! And I need a vote does anyone want to hear the first three chapters of "The Odd Life Of Iris Newton" By Zi? My nickname is Zi. I'm not allowed to say my name online. And Rockcutegirl, I DEARLY apologize if I offended you. So PEACE OUT!

new

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:30 pm
My name is Brianna and I am kind of new here. I used to be teased about this all the time. When I was a little girl in first grade, we were given these books about spelling. When I was done with my work, I would ask the teacher for the whole class to do about ten pages. A few boys were mad at me and I was always the one who wanted to cry. So as the years passed on I have been cheering for more homework and books. I don't know why but it is attached to my blood and I will never regret it. So I thank you for writing this because it made me of what happened back in the day. You are a superstar at writing and I hope you do keep writing. People just think that I am to early to grow up but I don't listen to them.(even if they were my best friends)So I thank you for writing this to refresh my memories:-)

new

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:57 pm

I love the story! COOL.

- Passion

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team