General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 Need Writing tips Help!
new

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:18 pm
Any body knows what to write about or how to start a story.I have a big imagination and about to write a story. But need writing tips any is helpful! -Helpful Needs

Re: Need Writing tips Help!
new

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm
Well Cheerfulart59, When I write I always find out what I'm going to do in the next week or so and write what I think it will be about. And how to start a story... Example... In the dark and foggy woods of (wherever you decide) lay a handsome prince... HOPE U CAN USE MY HELP 4 SOMETHING!!! tHANKS!

new

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am
I have always wanted to be a writer. I'm working on a book right now. What I do is I think about what i want to write and let my imagination tell me what to write. I also read different books and pay attention to the detail in them. Hope you like my tips and it helps you.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 am
It helps me to put some character names then places.Then I think about some ideas of what the story should be about.Or you could read the first pages of some books and get some ideas,but don't copy it exactly.

new

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 pm
Well, first you need to decide what type of writing you like to write about. Do you like Fantasy, Mystery, Realistic Fiction, Science Stuff, Adventure, etc.? Then, create some characters and a simple base of what your writing's going to be about. Start writing! If you are stuck, maybe search 'story starters' on the internet or go outside and find something interesting. Hope this helps, authorgirl70

new

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 am
It looks like you're having writer's block- when you want to write something, but you don't know what to write. The first step is reminding yourself you have a wonderful imagination, which you did. Good for you! The next step is to look at other series, and choose a genre you like. A genre is a type of a book, such as drama or humor. After you pick a genre, look back at other ideas of books you like, or choose something you like and think of something that connects. Lastly, think of characters and think of more as you go. You may start off small, but you'll soon get bigger and bigger stories! Great job! -catgymnastics173, A kind friend and a proud Gryffindor

new

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:40 am
I go on wikihow and search for, 'write a book as a kid'. Great results!

new

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Well, I'd start with something that you are passionate about or want to learn about. For example: I love horses. I am also very interested in boarding schools. So I've decided to write a series of fiction books about horses and their owners at a boarding school.

See, you just have to like the topic you write about. Otherwise you'll end up abandoning it and then you'll have a lot of un-finished books.

new

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:07 pm

i am writing abook too!

new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:55 am

I'm taking a creative writting class right now. It helped me alot! I love writting too!

So here are some tips for writting:

You only need three things for a story:

1. Charcaters. (make sure they're unique with realistic flaws)

2. A setting (you need a place for your charcater to be)

3. A problem (what you're chacaters are working for. make sure your chacater solves this problem!)

Also don't get discouraged! Reading alot helps you write too! WRITE THE BOOK YOU WANT TO READ

Good luck on your writting!! 

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team