Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 Never Let Go: Act One, Scene 1
N/A

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm
    Since I won't be writing that much after I finish The Choice, I decided to start writing a play! :smileyhappy:
    Here's a summary:
   Never Let Go is a dramatic script about a woman who is killed by a falling structure called “The Arc”. Kendra, the daughter, is distressed, as she believes that it is her fault that her mother died. She blames herself endlessly, until she meets a mysterious man who tells her that he can take her back into the past to change it.
   Okay! Here's Scene One!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never Let Go
Act One
Scene One
(Scene starts with 13-year old Kendra and her mother walking in city. Both have similar features- brown hair, soft, pale skin, and blue eyes. Above them, a large structure called ‘The Arc’, made of large metal pieces that extend across a few buildings. Mother is talking on cell phone, but hangs up as they get near a fountain, below the center of the structure. Both of them sit down on the fountain’s edge, and begin to converse.)
Kendra: Thanks for taking me out to New York for my birthday, Mom!
Mother: You’re welcome, sweetie. Maybe we could go out for ice cream after dinner?
Kendra: Sounds like a plan to me!
(Suddenly, a loud sound comes from above them. Kendra and her mother look up, as well as several people around them, to see that ‘The Arc’ is falling. Mother grips Kendra’s hand and begins to run.)
Mother: Run, Kendra!
(Mother and Kendra run, weaving through the masses of people in the center. Large piece of ‘The Arc’ comes down, and it is falling in Mother and Kendra’s direction. Kendra, unaware of this, continues to run directly where the metal will fall.)
Mother: KENDRA!
(Mother pushes Kendra out of the way, and she falls onto the pavement, getting a few scratches. Turns around, and to her horror, Mother is crushed underneath metal, not moving, her eyes closed.)
(People stop running, and metal stops falling. Kendra runs over to Mother and pulls her out of wreckage. Shakes Mother and holds her in her arms.)
Kendra: Mom? Mom? Mom, wake up. Wake up…
(Kendra begins to weep. She pulls her hand up to feel her mother’s pulse.)
(There was none.)

Re: Never Let Go: Act One, Scene 1
frequent_contributor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:32 pm
Wow. Well that's depressing... :P

~Cavy

Happy Holidays!! :D

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 pm
boo! hoo! that almost made me cry

visitor

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:08 pm
That's REALLY good...
                                     i didn't cry though, 'cuz "Big girls don't cry!!!'
haha, quoting from Fergie...
o.o yeah, bye.

~IsisGhost3
  Raven
  Sadie

new

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:01 pm
surprise                                                        SO DEPRESSING D;    

contributor

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Good work so far.

A few suggestions, you may want to have more dialogue before The Arch falls. If I were watching this on stage, there would have been a little over 45 seconds of dialogue before things start to blow up. Also, explain why she wanted to go to NYC. Where is her dad? Why did they come to see the Arch? What is the Arch? Work all this into dialogue, not parenthesis ;). Also, try and have them mention the arch before it falls. Its for-shadowing, and it allows readers to have a reason to "see it".

Otherwise, it was supper emotional, I really like you plot summary too!!!

I'm of to read the rest (is there more? I don't know...)

Oh! Could you take a look at The Drama Of Shakespeare School?

I would be ever in your debt.

Keep writing,

Jessie

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:12 am
goood job i guess...its just tht u should add MORE DETAIL:) But otherwise zgooooooood

new

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 pm

cool

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team