Crafts & DIY

Announcements

Announcing the STACKS’ newest Message Board! Crafts and DIY Tips!

Share your expert how-to tips, DIYs (that stands for Do It Yourself), ask questions, give advice, and let everyone know about the awesome projects you are working on! If you’re looking for inspiration, the Scholastic Klutz video page has lots of ideas for incredible projects. AND the Klutz folks themselves will be on this board for live chats to answer your questions! Stay tuned for live chat announcements coming soon!
http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/v ... 1#featured

My name is Katie, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about crafting and how to do the amazing stuff that YOU are an expert at. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 39 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Re: New?? Check in here!
new

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:43 am

Name: Katie

Are you crafty? To  tell the truth, nocrying but through this board I hope to become crafty!!cheeky

What are your favorite crafts? Making American Girl clothes

What project are you most proud of? Still, American Girl clothes.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Welcome new members!!

new

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:36 am

Your name: Katie!!wink

Your age: 11

Are you crafty? Kind of... (not really)

What are your favorite crafts? I like crafts where you use recycled itemsyes

Is there a particular project you are most proud of? Yes, one year in school we did a project with all recycled materials and I made emoji bookmarks!!smileyheart

Thanks Moderator Katie for introducing me to this board, so excited to be here!!cheeky

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Welcome! I like your name, Katie. 

From, Katie

new

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:46 pm

laugh

new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 am

Your name (first name only!):  Jessica (not jess or jessie or any other nicknames) 

Your age: 13

Are you crafty?? Yes mostly. At least kind of. 

What are your favorite crafts?? I like almost everything, but I'm not very good. I like knitting, painting, scupturing, ect. 

Is there a particular project you're MOST proud of? I made these beads from magazine pages cut into triangles and wrapped around a toothpick, and made a bracelet out of them 

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Welcome Jessica! Cool project. 

new

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Name: Abigail ( I prefer Abby. And that you call me by my real name, not my username.)

Am I crafty: I think I am. 

Favorite crafts: Sewing and drawing. (I would like to paint, but can't afford canvas and paint, and I HATE asking my parents for things.) 

Project I'm most proud of: I have a couple; a denim skirt and a cute cupcake apron I made for a friend's birthday. 

P.S. sunsetseeker18, I think it's awesome that you are still on scholastic despite your age! (I'll still be reading books for kids when I'm an adult.)

new

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh!!!!! I almost forgot!!!!!! I make fancy homemade cards. I have tons of things the experts use.blush

new

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh!!!!! I almost forgot!!!!!! I make fancy homemade cards. I have tons of things the experts use.blush

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Welcome Abby! Tell us more about your fancy cards!

new

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:43 am

Hi. My name is Gryffindor Pride and I am brand new so I need a bit of guidence. I am 11 years old going on 12 soon. I am crafty!!! My favorite types of crafts are all of them! I would do anything to do with crafts unless it involves "art." The project that I am really proud of is my scrapbook that I did for my mission project in 4th grade. I also am proud of my duct tape creations.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm curious- what do you mean by 'art?'

new

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Name: Bethany

Crafty: Up down and all around!

Favorite Crafts: I pretty much enjoy all crafts!

I really am proud of my crocheting. But I am proud of all my crafts, big or small!smiley

[ 39 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2

PRS © 2008 PRS Team