General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 27 posts ] Average score:  
 New Moderator Brian
visitor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 am
Hi members of the Harry Potter Message Boards. My name is Brian and I am the new moderator of all the Harry Potter boards. I am here to help with any questions or concerns, and I hope to makes these message boards the best they can be. A little bit about me: I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and have read and reread the series more times than I can remember. My favorite character is Neville Longbottom, but really I love them all. Other books that I love include Were the Wild Things Are, Captain Underpants, and The Hunger Games. I also love to write my own short stories in my free time. I'm really excited to be your moderator and can't wait to get to know all of you. -Moderator Brian

Re: New Moderator Brian
contributor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 am
Hi, Brian! My name is Alicia! I hope you enjoy moderating the HP boards! I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and the Hunger Games too! Brace yourself for extreme randomness! :D

~DJ, who gives Brian a nerdy cactus named Phil

new

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 am
* sniffle * ... hmmm I'm not sure, moderator Elise was here since I got on the boards... are you sure you can fill her shoes??? On the other hand... welcome to the boards!!! Sure you'll be awesome! No pressure... ;p

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:21 pm
Hi, Brian! Pleased to meet you. I'm TheaterChik (obviously), but I typically leave 'Lauren' as my name. :) Super excited to have you here! :D

~Lauren

new

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 pm
Welcome! I think you are from the buzz board right?

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am
~*-June 4, 2012-*~

Hey, weren't you an intern last summer or so? If so, I remember you! :D I hope you won't take off time during the summer for any vacations, since, I plan on finishing my Fan-Fics and heading onto the final rendition (The Next Generation) which I'll be brainstorming for while working, and I'll be brainstorming for Lightning Peak(D.O.T.F.: Original Series; Part 2/Second Season).

And I plan on getting up a General Discussion for the series as well so I can watch everyone who doesn't bother on regularly replying like a loyal, dedicated fan to respond to it and see how many fans my work has. And for that single person who has been, deserves a *virtual* cookie and a spot on my "Project" which I'll need people who are good at HTML and on making things. I'll work the Script and Production/Producing(how things go and approval of "flow", etc., while they work on colors, fonts, and stuff. But, I will tell you. It's for that one fan-fic that I need to finish which has a total of 10 Chapters + Epilogue.

You're in for an active summer moderating everything, so, I'd suppose you enjoy my fan-fics so far?! XD

And I'm too lazy to add any colors. XP
~*Sophie*~|~Hermionefan2

new

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 am
*waves* HOLA! No, Siriusly, hi. :D My name is amazingwizard11, a.k.a Mia, and I love Harry Potter and Hunger Games as well! :D Nice to meet you! :)

Have fun moderating the HP boards! :D ~Mia/amazingwizard11 :)

visitor

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 pm
Hey Guys,

I'm glad you remember me. I am the Brian that was an intern on the Buzz Boards last summer and I'm really happy to be back!

-Moderator Brian

frequent_vsitor

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am
Hi Mod Brian! I'm jadedragon49, by the way! And....sorry about my long sig. Well....it's long compared to most....anyway....

Be prepared for randomness of epic proportions....

And I'm really into HP and THG too!!!! Hope to get to know you!!!!

~~~jadedragon49~~~

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."

-Louisa May Alcott

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy, "Ode"

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

- Harvey Fierstein

I dream of the day when the chicken can cross the road and no one will question it.

-My classmate

In my life, there are so many questions and answers.....

regular_contributor

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:40 pm
Welcome Mod Brian. I was confused cuz you didn't have like one of those official Moderator usernames but i gotcha. Nice to have you here :)

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:03 am
Oh, hey there! Welcome to the craziness that is us HP board peeps! Like hermionefan2 said, I remember you being around during the summer, or whatever season it was. Nice to see you again! I'm a Hunger Games fan, too, by the way! So, see ya around! :)

regular_contributor

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 pm
HEY HEY HEYYY!! I'M ZO-AYYY!! Justttt kiddinggggg :) I'm Zoë. I like cheese. And guess WHAT?! I LIKE DA HUNGER GAMES TOOOO!! *cries* Oh, and I'm not emotional AT ALL. AND I MEAN IT. :) So yep, HAPPY BIRTHDAYY!! XD BTWWWW... I'm a lil messed uppp. JUST A LIL XD And i dont normally use that word. ;) Yeah im pretty sure I'm coming off as a freak to you right now. I'm gonna shut up now.

visitor

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Hello i'm Claire! Welcome to the Harry Potter boards!

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 am
Hi, Brian! I'm Skyelark Moon, but you can call me Skyelark, or Platypus if your heart desires! You are already an awesome moderator! :D

~Skyelark Moon :lol:

new

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:17 pm
Thank you for moderating our boards, Brian! :D

~ Mia

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, all those who live without love." ~ Albus Dumbledore

visitor

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:36 pm
You're very welcome Mia! I hope you enjoy the boards!

-Moderator Brian

new

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm
Do you know anything about the save the plant board? Because I have posted many things and there not showing up. I even made sure the follow the guidelines. Why is it not working???????????

visitor

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 pm
Hi Aquapenguin126,

Unfortunately I don't work on the Save the Planet board, but I'll definitely look into the problem for you and hopefully work everything out.

-Moderator Brian

new

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 pm
Thanks Moderator Brian! Because I just checked and no post have been approved on there since June 30.
-Aquapenguin126

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:59 pm
Ah - so YOU are the new moderator!!! (I'm the one who just wrote a thread about not knowing what was going on around here because my computer was acting up. Yes, that was me.)
So hello - I think I remember you as the intern last year. Summer. Whatever. My name is Tam (aka harrypotterisbeast because, obviously, he is...I've been using that little ending on each and every one of my posts since way back when I was just a wee newbie on the STACKs!).
Did you know that my name, Tam, is also a Scottish hat? But I am not Scottish, I am Vietnamese, and I am a girl. Some people think "Tam" is a boy name. Well, it could be...I mean, in Vietnam, it's both a girl AND boy name, but no matter. We're in America. (Although I DID visit Vietnam back in 2009!) (*slaps myself* Stop adding unnecessary commentary, Tam!)
Anyhoooooooo...did that make me sound too much like an owl? Thank you for moderating our board of wackos, Moderator Brian!
@ Skyelark Moon: PLATYPUS!!! Finally! I did it! I keep reminding myself to call you "Platypus" someday but I never really got around to that.
Sorry for the horribly extended post, Brian. I will get out of your hair now.
Love,
~Tam (harrypotterisbeast because, obviously, he is)

new

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 am
I KNOWN YOU FOR A WHILE WOULD YOU GO OUT WITH ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I LOVE YOU BABY CALL ME

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 pm
lol! XD :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Hello Mod. Brian! :D Nice to meet you...On the boards brace yourself for...Chunky Tofu Ice cream!!!! JK! :D

new

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm
I just wanted to thank you for all you have done!

M I A!

new

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm
Hey Moderator Brian! I'm cuteathlete5 but that takes too long too type so I usually use my name, Emily. I'm on new here so I don't really know what to do. But anywho.... YOLO xD

new

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:23 am
hi friend me

new

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Welcome modertor Brian, my name is Destiny. Nice to have you here.

new

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:20 am

hi. I'm Serenity. I'm feeling very shy right now, so I won't post a lot.

-Dragoncrown485

[ 27 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team