Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 New story help?
new

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Hey guys! I'm really new on here, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out?

I want to write a story about this girl and her family (dating back to the late 1800s) as a family saga type novel. The only problem is I really need a central mystery that can go on through all those generations, and not be the tacky 'chest of lost gold'. 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

Re: New story help?
regular_contributor

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:31 am

It could probably be a ghost mystery and maybe the relatives and friends of the descendants can investigate the house and see what secrets lie in there.

new

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:12 am

Adding onto technologygirl maybe the ghost could be connecting them all to an amulet somehow. 

regular_contributor

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:38 pm

@determinedangel: yeah, and maybe one of the decendants of the ghost could be wearing it. Like, it could be a family heirloom or something.

new

Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 pm

And maybe the amulet would lead them to an Aztec temple dating back to the Spanish inquisition, and they would learn that their family was famous and important back then. Why? Because in the deep crannies of the temple, there lies the most powerful power source in the world: a deep red crystal called Titinanium.

new

Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm

They might have to do something about the power, or something might happen. Maybe one kid every generaion has to do something. Just adding on to others

new

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:39 am

Titinanium is a power source discovered in Aztec times. The Palia family (made this up here) were the ancient protectors and users of this energy source. The energy could do anything. It was even powerful enough to nuke the Milky Way. It could make hoverboards, create planets, even make energy technology. Technically, this crystal energy source could hold the future.

I hope you use this idea!

-Dragoncrown485

new

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:02 am

it could have a demon ring that oly few people can use with out being posseteddevil

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team