General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 16 posts ] Average score:  

Do you want to audition for the news?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 am
Yes! I'd love to talk about new stuff! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, writing for news isn't my thing. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
How do I enter? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Newspaper Coming Soon! Auditions! PLEASE READ!
new

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:02 am
I'm starting a newspaper, but I need journalists! If you are willing to write in my news, follow at least two of these article themes: Book reviews, good books, etc. Save the Planet Fashion Poetry Humor Writing tips and ideas Contests Leave your reply in the comments. The newspaper is weekly. Auditions start now, and they end when the poll ends. Put your idea for the news in the comments. Whoever has their screen name posted in the next post for this, you may write for it. But we'll have new authors all the time! Happy writing! -catgymnastics173, A kind friend and a proud Gryffindor

Re: Newspaper Coming Soon! Auditions! PLEASE READ!
new

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm
I volunteer to be a journalist! Can I still join even though the poll ended? If I can, here is my resume (well, you know what I mean by resume!): I'll write for book reviews and good books! Oh, and, can I be in humor and poetry, too?? Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Breezebrain 39!!!

new

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:54 pm
hi my name is dele u say it dayla i would love be in ur news paper i read alot so i could do book revews i am also a good fashion critic my usernmae is pinkfashion1220

new

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:32 am
Congrats! You two can be my first journalists! We will be posting our news on the Buzz Board by May 8th. Thanks guys! I'm sure you will help make a great newspaper!
I do need your first parts of the paper, though. Breezebrain39, over the days of April, why don't you begin writing reviews of your favorite books, and interview other Stackers on what they thought. Choose a summary for the book, too. When you're finished with that part, put it up on this same post.

And of course you can do humor and poetry! For poetry, go on the Poetry Write-It Boards and look for some good poetry. Then describe what post it is on the board in your article on it. Also, you can make poetry of your own for the poetry article as well.
For humor, you can make up stories of your own with randomness and stuff like that, and if you like, you can mention that I made a random episode of a new Voldy show. Thanks!

Pinkfashion1220, do the same as what I said for Breezebrain39 to do with book reviews, and for your topic, fashion, describe the contents of fashion and style. Talk about what some of the cutest, handsomest close are like. I'd gladly have you feature new fashions in your article!

Thanks to everyone else who wants to join! And thank you to Breezebrain39 and Pinkfashion1220 for joining! ~Katelyn who is getting a siggy SOOOOON :D

new

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:26 pm

EXTRA‼ EXTRA‼ FRESH FROM THE PRESS‼

Great! How's this for some book reviews?:

Book Reviews

N.E.R.D.S.: Cheerleaders of Doom: By Michael Buckley

Rating:
★★★★ 4 stars.

Summary: The sequel to N.E.R.D.S.: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society and N.E.R.D.S. M is for Mama's Boy. In this book, we focus on Matilda Choi. A former member of N.E.R.D.S. (Gerdie Baker, A.K.A. Mathlete), has invented a machine that allows her to see alternate realities. Her goal is to get plastic surgery and land a spot on a cheer squad. It's up to Matilda (codename Wheezer) to stop Gerdie, so she ends up having to go to a cheerleading camp, and, meanwhile, alternate realities become reality.

Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger

Rating: ★★★◐
3 1/2 stars
Summary: Casper Bengue, Lenny Flem Jr.'s best friend, just bought the Heidelberg Handlebar Number Seven. It can hypnotize anybody. He disguises himself and starts robbing banks. He also poses as the good guy though: Fako Mustacho. He even runs for president!!! Now it's up to Lenny and Jodie O'Rodeo to stop him.

I think those 2 are good. I'll think about humor and poetry and I'll put those down here in a few days, or hours, if I have time. ;) I hope these are good!

EXTRA‼ EXTRA‼ FRESH

FROM THE PRESS‼

Breeze
brain39

is

Officially

a

Journalist‼

new

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm

EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! Read all about

it!!!!

@Catgymnastics173: That ashould be the logo for the newspaper! That way, more people will read it!! ;) That's pretty much it for now. Did my book review thing post?

I support
♕Breezebrain39's♕

HTML Center and Siggy

Making

✪✪✪✪✪✪Shop✪✪✪✪✪✪

new

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Are we still gonna do the newspaper? 

new

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!wink

new

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 am

Can I be a journalist even though the poll ended? I would work very hard to be in it!

My Sign Off:

WHO ATE MY NACHOS!!!!!!!

What Nachos?

It was you, Janus Branch!

Whaa...?

Stop the lame excuses!

What's going on?

-Katerina Agent Angelbear188

new

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 am

Yes, we are. And I do love the logo!

new

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh please , I just joined and missed the poll. I am really good at short story, poem, and fan fiction.

new

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 pm

I am writing a boook review on One for the Murphys:

When 12 year old Carley Conners is put into foster care, she is angry and disturustful of the picture perfect Murphy family, Carley's mother is in the hospital after a fight with Carley's stepdad, and while Carley has forgotten some details of the night, she partly blames herself for what happened. Mrs. Murphy works hard to gain Carley's trust, and Carley comes to love her foster mother deeply.

If you like realistic fiction books, then you will like this book!

new

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:21 pm
Hi i am butterwritery i love jounlisim I want to goin i am a bad speller i am going to 4grd my story is the next page

new

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:58 am

uh, can I do it?? I love writing about books!!!!!!!!heart

new

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm

No thanks!!!!!!!!!! sad

new

Mon May 09, 2016 8:15 pm

I volunteer to be a journalist.can i do it?

[ 16 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team