Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Nightmares (part one of the memoir thingy...)
N/A

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm
     Hey, guys! I'm writing a two-part memoir thingy about dreams and nightmares. This is the first part. The second part will be titled Dreams. I hope you guys enjoy it!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         Nightmares are something familiar to me, like they are to many other people. When I was little, I would have nightmares about the boogeyman, or a nightmare about what happened to Thomas the Tank engine and his other friend when they reached the end of those railroad tracks and what would have happened if one of their other friends didn't save them.
         But, like people, nightmares evolve as you grow older. Nowadays, I have nightmares about things that happen- for instance, the day that a kid's dad died in my school, I had a nightmare that my own dad died. I had a nightmare that I got kidnapped, once.
         I also don't tell my parents when I have nightmares anymore. Although after I have a nightmare, I long to be with them where I feel safe, a part of me doesn't allow it. Something just doesn't seem right to my body about a 7th grade, 12 year old girl going to her parents about a nightmare.
         Most people are like that.
        Nightmares gradually go away after a few minutes or so, but some nightmares stay in your body forever- like the nightmare about my dad dying, even though right now he's alive, watching TV on the couch and laughing at Seinfeld. Nightmares sort of define us- they show us what we're afraid of, and they twist and turn it to make it seem like reality- until you wake up, of course. But even when you wake up, you have this sense of dread, like you're still inside of the nightmare.
           But it isn't the nightmares themselves that define us. It's what we do about them that makes us who we are.
         If a nightmare becomes reality, then what we do in that moment is more important than anything else. If my dad died, then what I decide to do could change my personality from a bold person to a frightened, fragile little girl. If I really got kidnapped, the things I did would be the difference between life and death.
        Nightmares may just be a figment of your imagination, but you still have to do something about them.
        Take a stand. Fight against your fears. Be strong.
                Everyone deserves to cry.
               WE MISS YOU, CRAZYNACHOS!
              "80% of girls at least age 12 have a boyfriend. If you are part of the 20% that doesn't have a boyfriend at least age 12, copy and paste this to your sign-off."
                 Winner of NaNo 2010!!
I miss my halloween candy!!!!   
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')
               -Teresa

Re: Nightmares (part one of the memoir thingy...)
regular_contributor

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:57 pm
I know what you mean, Teresa.

I used to get nightmares A LOT.  And most of them were really kinda stupid (i.e. Clifford eating me, giant man-eating clams...perhaps a foreshadowing of Larry?:smileytongue:)

But when I get nightmares now...UGH.  Demons, Satan (my absolute WORST fear ever), tornadoes (second worst fear ever), my Grandpa dying, but my absolute worst nightmare was this one where my mom died. 

I was six or so (....)  I watched her die.

After I woke up, I leaped out of bed - hyperventilating- and ran into my parents' room just to make sure she was there.

~Tatiana~

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 01-30-2011 11:44 AM

frequent_vsitor

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 am

I know what you mean. That was hard to explain but in a good way...

~Ella

new

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 pm
(dollar616) I AGREE WITH. I HAVE NIGHTMARES BEFORE. WHEN I WAS LITTLE MY NIGHTMARES WERE (GETTING KIDNAPPED FROM MY HOME, MONSTERS, FURNITURE MOVING, AND SO-ON) WHEN I WAS OLDER MY NIGHTMARES WERE (DEMONS "IN VISION" (MY WORST SLEEPING FEAR) SATAN TALKING TO ME "IN VOICE" (MY OTHER WORST SLEEPING FEAR) MY 2 IDIOT FAMILY MEMBERS, AND SO-ON) FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm

I got over mind with extremely loud music,my family,and by sitting up,looking at absolutely nothing,and just telling it TO BACK OFF. Oh and sometimes if I heard a loud thud Id brab something heavy like a book and sleep with that ,just in case. XD

(It does make you feel better though.)

I had a nightmare where my evil clone thing with these dolls were in a circle doing this chant and then my evil cloe thing was just like looking at me and she goes,"AND THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR DEAD!!!"

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team