General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Novel idea, "The Runaways"
new

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:13 am
Hi! I have an idea for a novel that I would like to write. Basically it's about a 12 year old orphan girl named Lynn Thomas and her best friend Katie Tyler. Both Lynn and Katie have been at St. Anne's Home for Children for as long as they can remember. They both have dreams of finally getting away from the horrible place. One night Lynn wakes Katie up in the middle of the night. They silently pack their little belongings into backpacks and make a run for it. Yeah it's still a work in progress... So tell me what you think. If you think its downright horrible, hey write that then! I'm just looking for any kind of constructive criticism!

Re: Novel idea, "The Runaways"
new

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 pm
Hey! I think that's a really good book idea! I think you (might) be able to publish that! Just remember to elaborate, show not tell, and give good characters and bad characters.I have some suggestions for writing your book: 3rd person: If you are writing in third person, I think you should tell how Lynn/Katie got there! For example, you can say how the mother abounded Lynn! You can also say how the mother was too poor to look after Lynn, or was a drug addict or something like that. First person: In your story you can say something like 'I've always wondered how I got here' I suggest you should write in third person for this in particular. At the end you can add a little twist and say 'I was the mother who abandoned her'. I hope you write this book and wish you all luck!

new

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 pm
You have a great idea, but you make everything too soon, you need plans between the lines something exciting! Like the nun or someone catches them and punishes them and they are scared to do a second run, put dialects in between like Katie is telling her she is scared and stuff, then put the running away part say there plans!

new

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:19 pm

thats a really good idea, and if u ever publish it, i would totally read it. i would make it in first person, because towards th end, u could make some AWESOME plot twists, like maybe they end up back at St. Anne's, and , for me, i like to hear how people feel, in first person, u can really describe how she feels.

i really love the idea, keep writing

yesenlightenedyes

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team