Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 On My Own

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 pm

On My Own

Last summer my parents gave me the opportunity to go to Italy and visit my aunt all by myself. It was a striking offer and off course I took it. My ticket was scheduled for June 6 to leave for Venice, Italy.  About a month earlier I was coming home from school and I saw an envelope on the counter, I was in a curious mood so I decided to check the envelope. Inside I saw a ticket to Venice with my name on it. I was ecstatic and was extremely happy. I ran to my mom and she was smiling, she figured that I would open the envelope.  All of the excitement was so overwhelming that I forgot that I would be traveling oversees by myself. Suddenly I was scared but excited because I had never traveled by myself.

It was 6:30 in the morning and my annoying alarm clock was buzzing, it was time to get ready to go. I woke up ate breakfast and went to go get ready. About an hour later all my things were downstairs and I was ready to get in the car. I had a little surprise waiting for me in the car, my little niece Isabella would be coming with us to the airport. I was so exited because she was going to be one of the people that I was going to miss the most.  We were on our way to the airport about 3 hours early for my flight, that was one of the longest and slowest waits of my life. Finally we reach the airport and I was starting to get nervous. I was calling all my friends and telling them bye and my brother was unloading my luggage. Now it was time to wait in the long line to get checked in for my flight. About 30 minutes later we were out of the line and it was time to go upstairs to my gate and also leave my family behind. I had to get into the security line and my mom started crying, this made it very hard to leave because I honestly was a little scared to leave. When my mom started to cry, I started to cry and was not sure if I wanted to leave. I remember my mom asking me “Katherine, If you want you can stay home,” I thought about it for a moment and I decided to leave. I went up the escalator and waved goodbye to everyone. I was finally on my own. I was a little sad so I decided to grab a sandwich before I get on my flight. I finished my lunch and walked to my gate. I waited about an hour and an announcement blared through the speakers, my flight was boarding. I remember feeling uneasy. I got in line to board my flight and called my mom to tell her that I was okay.

Finally, after what felt like hours of waiting I was on the plane and found my seat. Everything was ready and the plane took off. It was a very long flight and I watched about 100 movies and attempted to sleep. After about 8 hours of agony we finally landed in London, England and now I had to wait another 2 hours for my connecting flight for Venice. While I waited I did a little shopping and had a awesome frappacino from StarBuks. I waited and waited but my flight was never announced and it was not on the departure screen. I started to worry and I asked what was happening with the flight to Venice. They said that the plane I was supposed to board was having technical difficulties and I would have to wait about an half of hour for another plane to arrive. A little while later I heard an announcement for my flight and I went to my gate and got on a bus that took us to another terminal where we were boarding our plane. We arrived at the terminal and boarded the plane finally. I was so exhausted but I could not get any sleep. We took off from London Gatwick Airport and we were on our way. I was so tired that finally I fell asleep for the rest of the ride to Venice. When we landed the bumpiness of the land awoke me. I was finally at my destination after hours of no sleep and boredom.

I got off the plane and went through customs. Next I had to walk to luggage claim and pick up my luggage. I waited for my luggage to arrive then I had to pick it up from the luggage carriage. My luggage felt like it weighed a ton but I managed to pick it up an put it on the luggage cart. I was set so I walked out to the waiting room where my aunt and cousin were waiting for me. I was so tired that I didn’t even notice them, they saw me and ran toward me and gave me a big hug. They were all happy that I came safe. This was one of the most exiting times of my life. I got to experience being without my parents for three weeks and I also got to see Venice. I learned a lot being without my mom and dad and I have to say this experience was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Re: On My Own

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 pm
awsome!i wish could rite like that!:smileyvery-happy:

new

Sun May 26, 2013 8:18 pm
wow who ever wrote that must be a perfetinally becuse that was a preety good story that they wrote and I wish I could write like that to but way preety your storys about me i am not tryiong to ber mean

new

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm
This was a really good memoir!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team