Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 13 posts ] Average score:  
 P.W. The story of the second generation HP charecters, read!
new

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

(Continued from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)

The train car was, to say, quite stuffy. Litterly. Rose was shoved into the window, her stuff under her feat. Will and Wallace Scamander had their feat up and over the seat, with there heads laid down on it, reading copies of the Quibbler. (Their mother, Luna Scamander owned the magizine.) James and Alex were playing wizards chess, with the board floating in the air. Alex's mother, Pavarti Thomas was always advising him on moves, so nobody has ever beaten   Alex before, no matter how hard James tried. Lola Longbottom was whispering with her friend Dawn Finnagan, I have no idea about what, but I was guessing some type of gossip. I was pressed up against the window, opposite Rose, watching my parents and my little sister Lily wave at James and I as we left.  Rose, her face still pressed against the window, asked me, "Albus, what house do you think you'll be in?" I squirmed in my seat, because that was exactly what I had been wondering. My dad told me that being in Slytherin was okay, but I still didn't want to be part of the house that produced the most evil wizards. "I don't know Rose, just not Slytherin". Both of us had famous parents, so I felt like I could always confide in her feelings I had, since she had the same ones. I still don't really get what happened to my dad, but he and my mother, Ginny, always tell me stories. Stories that definitely sound like fantasies. "Well, I want to be in Ravenclaw and Gryffindoyr, but both my parents were Gryffindoyrs. I hear that my momther was awful smart though". Rose replied. I wanted to say more, but she turned back to the window, and the train slowed to a stop. I sighed as we filed out of the train compartment, I went last so I could leave myself to my thoughts for just a moment, and wondered if I really was meant for the bravest house of them all. 

Hope you guys liked it! If I get enough comments and views, I will write another chapter! 

Re: P.W. The story of the second generation HP charecters, r
regular_contributor

Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:28 pm

cool story, I like it

new

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I've tried posting this a million times!!!! I think it's Brian who does this, but I'm not sure, but please, I've tried posting this chapter many times!!! Let it post!

Chapter 1, The day I disowned my brother

I was mad. Mad beyond comparison. Mad enough to take my little sister, Lily, and interrupt 'Story Time' with my parents, Harry and Ginny Potter. 

"Lily, where is James"? Lily batted her eyelids innocently. "Why, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Albus. Last I saw of him, he was upstairs, FaceTiming Izack about his new Firebolt Four". 

My dad had lived with muggles until he got his Hogwarts letter, and knew a bit about their so called electronics. Mom didn't like this, and neither did Lily and I. But James did, and he used these as much as possible. Basically, he was a geek.

I can't continue, but I will continue this chapter later!

new

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Ok, so this is Chapter 1 continued.

Unfortunatly, my parents said we had to leave for Kings Cross Station before I could question James. I went to his room anyway. By the way, have I mentioned why I'm furious with James? Oh, well we were visiting Diagon Alley a few days ago, and it just so happened that it was my birthday, July 27th. Now, James always insisted that our birthdays were close, even though his was November 2nd. So, of course, when my parents told me that I could get anything in Diagon Alley that I wanted, (within reason) James insited he got something too. I decided I wanted an owl, so when I decided on a Snowy Owl, James seemed to read my mind, and bought the owl before I could. I got just a Barn Owl, that I named Quinn. Quinn was great and all, but I always like to check on the Snowy Owl, to make sure James wasn't doing anything cruel to it, like making it dance and fly around, just for his own entertainment. (Because that was just the type of kid James was.) Now you know.

When I got to his room, the door was wide open, which I took as an invation to enter. Inside, I saw my owl, (I mean, his owl) Cupp, pirched on a broken up hanger in her cage. She was okay. But that's when I heard voices and remembered the sign on James' door, saying KEEP OUT OR ELSE, ESSPECIALLY LITTLE BROTHERS! THAT MEANS YOU, ALBUS. 

"I still can't believe he did it". whispered a voice, probably James. "I mean, its just so unlike Albus". Uh oh. My name mentioned in my brother's conversation? Not good, not good at all.

"He's just jealous". Replied a different voice, which sounded like Izack's, "You're more talented, athletic, popular and not to mention nicer, and basically better than him in every way. Some people are just born scum James. Don't listen to bullies, even if they are family. If he finds out we're onto him, he'll want to get rid of you, permenatly. Kinda like Cain and Able. If he finds out James, you're dead. 

Wow. And I even thought that Izack was the nicest of all James' friends. Unlike the others he always invited me to play Quiddich with him and James. 

That's when the voices stopped. Out from the his closet, emerged James, an Ipad in had.

"You". He narrowed his eyes. "Get out of my bedroom or else. Now." He stared me down, like a hawk, trying to catch his prey. Yet, I saw traces of fear in his eyes, and heard them in his voice. Even though he teased me, bossed me around, and sometimes even was just mean, he was my brother, and I didn't want him to fear me.

Well, too late. James had taken Izack's stupid advice to heart, and for what? Something I don't know, or didn't even do.

I'd love some feedback on this guys!!!!! Constructive critisism and whatnot!!!

regular_contributor

Sun May 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Great!!! Very engaging so far, I'm into it!!! I love how you're setting up Albus and James' relationship, and how you're interpreting their sibling rivarly implied in the book! I already want to know more about both of them- and Albus and Rose's Hogwarts houses! :D

new

Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 am

@hippolyte, thanks so much! I don't honestly know what their houses will be!!!

Chapter 2 

Oh man, the tension. After our families left the platform, (I had no interest in staying around my dad for too long. People usually just stare.) Rose and I found the closest car. Everyone wa s staring at a random place in the car, like the edge of the seat or someone else's suitcase. Nobody talked. Nobody laughed. Now that I think about it, nobody really showed much tension at all. I took a bit of interest on my shoe as I thought about why every one was so scared. Houses.

I'd probobaly be in Gryffindoyr, but I'm kinda shy, but loyal as well, so Hufllepuff was an option. I was pretty smart. Not really wise smart, but book smart. Ravenclaw was an option. I would absolutely refuse to be in Slytherin. No matter what. You know what? Never mind. Thinking is too hard. I'd much rather do something mindless. (Ok, maybe not Ravenclaw.) 

I started to fiddle with my shoelace, until I took noticed the Trolley Lady come by our car. Everyone woke form their thoughts of misery, and bought something firm their. I got a Chocolate Frog. 

I breathed a sigh of relief as conversation started up. Good. Less tension. Rose nudged me with her shoe, then pointed outside. Hog warts was coming up ahead. We were about to be sorted. 

*                   *                   *

All the first years trudged up the steps, glumly. Before he was mad at me, James said that all the first years in his year were eager for sorting. I don't know what happened. I saw Jonah Longbottom crossing his fingers, while Marsha Thomas and Lola Finnigan held hands. Darren Finnigan shuffled his feet slowly, while Scorpio Malfoy and his "minions", Colten and Robert starting teasing the other kids for different reasons. Rose and I just stayed calm. Smiling whenever someone looked at us. Draco Malfoy, Head of Slytherin house, gave a long and boring speech about what we were to do. I saw him point to the doors as they opened, and he lead us in.

Oh good. Something I'm fimilar with. Staring. All heads, free of emotion, followed our ever step as we made our way to the front of the Great Hall. It really was magnificent, what with all the gold and candles and a seemingly endless celling. Malfoy stepped up to the Sprting Hat and took out a scroll. He we go.

"Jonah Longbottom"! 

"HUFLLEPUFF"!

"Fondal Avery"!

"SLYTHERIN"!

"Scorpio Malfoy"!

"SLYTHERIN"!

"Marsha Thomas"!

"RAVENCLAW"!

"Lola Finnigan"!

"GRYFINNDOYR"!

"Darren Finnigan"!

"GRYFINNDOYR"!

"Rose Weasley"!

Rose took a deep breath and stepped toward the hat. It took about three seconds, then, "HUFFLEPUFF"!

Rose gaped open-mouthed, and slowly yet sadly made her way to the Hufflepuff table.

"Albus Potter"! 

I took a deep breath and walked to the hat. 

"Lots of charm", it muttered, "Ah, you're a Potter. You would go well for Gryffindoyr. But you're wise, very wise, I think I must go with "RAVENCLAW"!

Oh.

new

Mon May 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Wow! Loved Chapter 2!

- Moderator Brian

new

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:17 pm

@technologygirl and @Moderator _ Brian: Thanks guys!!!

Chapter 3:

What? I am not, will not be a Ravenclaw! I didn't even know that I was smart. Where could I have gotten that house from. Both my parents were Gryffindoyrs, and so were Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron! Of course, Aunt Hermione is very smart, so it could make sense, even though the odds are against it... Ugh, now I'm talking like a Ravenclaw!

James is smirking at me from the Gryffindoyr table as I sit down in a table of blue and bronze. 

Sorry I have to go guys!! I'll post the rest of the chapter later!!

regular_contributor

Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh that took me by surprise!!! I really like the house choices for them, very special and interesting! Also making Malfoy a teacher is a super cool idea and I can't wait to see how this goes on :D Anyway Al sounds like a funny protag, has a lot of humor, and the sneak peek at their other classmates sounds p promising!!! :D :D :D Keep it up  

new

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't think Albus should be raveclaw and rose should not be hufflepuff

where did that even coke from

new

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:00 am

@hippolyte: yes it was quite random!!!! @astronauthistory16: Its my story thank you, so if you don't like it you don't have to read it

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!!! Chapter 3 (Continued)

I find myself not caring much. I have more important things to worry about. Like the fact that I'm in Ravenclaw.                                                    

Yes, let's address that. I'm sure, judging by Rose's dumbstruck face, that she wasn't expecting Hufflepuff. At least we're I'm similar situations. I guess Ravenclaw isn't that bad. Maybe I should be thankful I didn't get Slytherin. I might put my poker face on when my parents tell me about the houses, but my father's words didn't make me feel any better. I didn't want Slytherin.

I snapped out of my deep thinking and turned to watch the rest of the Ravenclaws. The feast had already appeared, and my house (that's a step up, admitting that Ravenclaw is my house) was digging in. They weren't exactly friendly, so I hadn't had anyone try to talk to me yet. Good. That leaves more time to think.

I suppose Ravenclaw was a good thing. I didn't want to be known as 'the son of the Chosen One'. I wanted to be known for being me. Not my father. Me. And being in Ravenclaw does make me unique, or at least among my family it does.

I had to eat sooner or later, so I turned to my plate, and wearily scooped some mashed potatoes onto my plate, along with some ham slices. I sighed. Maybe if I met someone it would be easier. But I wasn't in the mood to talk right now, so I wouldn't force myself.

I ignored my food and let the feast pass uneventfully. In the end, Ravenclaw left the hall first and trudged up the stairs to our Common Room. But wait, were the stairs... MOVING? And wait, the portatraits were talking to us! My mother told me about the castle whenever I asked, but I never really believed her. Now that I was seeing it myself, it was to amazing not to see. Hogwarts was absolutely stunning, filled with magic.

And treachery. But let's save that for another day.

Please comment guys!!!!! :) And I really would appreciate critizisum!!!! 

new

Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Hey guys! So awhile ago, I read the Cursed Child, and decided that I cannot continue this fanfic. Sorry for those of u who liked it

new

Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:08 pm

My inner Harry Potter conscience just won't let me!!!! 

[ 13 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team