Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 paper mache question for my cell project
contributor

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 pm
hey, can anyone answer this question about paper mache? im supposed to make a 3-D model of an animal/plant cell and its various organelles using at least 7 different items around the house (that means no buying stuff!) i dont have clay or anything, and have no experience with paper mache.

does paper mache work like clay, where you can just mold it into a solid thing using nothing else? or do you need to like, cover somethign with it, liek a baloon or somthing?

Re: paper mache question for my cell project
contributor

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am
basicly to make paper mache all you have to do is pur flour in a bowl and mix it with water then you take newspaper and ou mold newspaper into what you want. it is sort of like clay only it hardens and is not very squishy. hope that helps!

contributor

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 pm
Um well this is my inexperienced advice... but I think it works anyway this is what I did:
cover your mould (like a balloon, as you said) with glue and stick newspaper all over it. Then lift it off when it's dry and it will be in the right shape IF everything goes ok and the stuff I told you isn't all wrong. Good luck...

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:30 pm
cool!! hey  i remember that i made that last year too!! i made a plant cell, but i didnt use ppr mache. i used a small shoe box, wrapped it in green felt on the inside and outside. Then i put some random stuff inside it to represent all the parts of the cell and covered the front w/plastic ppr for the membrane.

i dont kno anything about ppr mache..but good luck w/ur project!!

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team