Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

What do you think of this?
I can't wait! 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
I like this. 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
It's interesting; just like your RPs. 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Ah! A sneak peak! 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
I don't like how it will ruin the surprise of what your working on. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
My response can only be described in a reply. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
 Planning Thread for Possible RPs. | RP Plotting Thread.
new

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 am

//You saw the title, didn't you?//

Ah, yes, welcome one, welcome all, to the place where I will be posting to-be-announced RPs in their prototype/work-in-progress stage. 

You are free to comment [read; reply] and provide feedback. 

Note that you are not allowed to join the RPs posted within this thread at this time.

//It's a Plotting Thread, what do you expect????//

This means, if you want to have this thing added to this RP or that, if it's a work-in-progress RP posted on the page; here's where you go for that. 

Note that, you can possibly ask for this or that to be included in a current RP or for a reboot of one of my past RPs. 

//Trust me, depending on the RP, it may not take a long time at all....//

Well, that's that, and now, for the prototypes to launch themselves into the form of replies on this thread....

You were warned. 

And it's probably going to be rather tedious in itself; but, what do you expect?! It's the work-in-progress phase. 

//And now, if certain RPs within this thread end up being tossed, you will soon see/know why.//

-*Zirconia

Re: Planning Thread for Possible RPs. | RP Plotting Thread.
new

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17 pm

//So, the following is an attempt at making another Academy of the Arts RP. The school itself is 9-12; but, you will only be allowed to create underclassmen students [Freshmen/9th and Sophomore/10th]. It is to not only maintain order; but, to also make it easier for me to conduct the RP as well as easy with schedule making. There is no General Arts Major - as students are only allowed to be accepted into one of the Arts; however, students are allowed to apply to three. You are allowed to reply and leave feedback, plus, state whether or not you would like to see it as an RP. And yes, before you ask, there's more than the electives stated; but, the elective courses are mainly Arts or Arts related courses. Students are allowed to take up to 9 courses.//

//Arts Academy.//

//General Education Requirements;//
English -- 4 Credits
Mathematics -- 4.5 Credits [1 Year of Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and a Math of Choice, plus 1 Semester of Financial Mathematics]
Social Studies -- 3 to 5 Credits [Geography, World History, US History, Government, Economics]
Science -- 3 Credits or more [Biology, and a Physical Science [Physical Science, Chemistry, or Physics], plus a Science of Choice]
Language Other Than English -- 2 to 5 Credits [Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Japanese]
Intro to Informational Technology -- 1 Year/Credit 
Consumer & Behavioral Science -- 1 Year/Credit [1 Semester of Psychology or Sociology; 1 Semester of Marketing or Personal & Family Finance]
Arts -- 1 Year/Credit minimum
Freshman Physical Education -- 1 Year/Credit; online class available
Sophomore Health Education -- 1 Year/Credit; online class available
Upperclassmen College, Career, Skills, & Test Prep -- 2 Years/Credits

[Some other possible electives include AP Psychology, AP European History, Philosophy Honors, and several types of Literature classes.] 

//Arts;//
Creative Writing
Dance
Film Studies
Music [Instrumental or Vocal]
Musical Theatre
Theatre
Technical Theatre
Visual Arts/Art

-*Zirconia

new

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 am

//Northfield Academy of the Arts.//

Welcome to Northfield Academy of the Arts.

We are only accepting Underclassmen Applications at this time; thus, you can only apply for Freshmen and Sophomores or the 9th and 10th Years, respectively.

As this is an Academy of the Arts, there will be certain courses here that you can take and certain courses which are unavailable; but, may be available at another High School. Students may take certain classes at Rowans High and Waterside Technical High School. 

Please note, that if you are a student walking from Rowans or Waterside and you may possibly be late to your next class at Northfield, you are considered to have a Walking Pass and vice versa, as they know that you are a student from Northfield Academy. You will be allowed to leave 5 minutes before the bell that releases you to your next class in the class before you have the class at Rowans or Waterside and in the class where you return to Northfield.

It should be noted that here at Northfield, students usually have their Arts courses later in the afternoon. This way, students are rewarding for working steadily in their Academics by being relieved with the Arts. Upperclassmen; however, may be exempt from the rule as Juniors and Seniors tend to have less Academic Course requirements than our Underclassmen Freshman and Sophomores.

Majors sometimes meet once a week after school; however, for certain ones, it is more frequent.

In order to attend Northfield Academy, students must audition and they are allowed to audition for 3 Majors; however, they will only be accepted to one. If they are accepted, then, they must practice and practice for the duration of their attendance at the Academy in preparation for their Showcases, where they perform and are judged on their progression. If they do well, they are rewarded with success, and if they do not do as well, they face detriments dealing with their Arts success. 

Also, students must keep their grades and GPA at average or higher in order to maintain their attendance at the Academy. 

-*Zirconia

regular_contributor

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:17 pm

These sound cool, though I'd love to sign up for the, Winchester one.  

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team