General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 Please reply!!!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm ivoryathena10, and I have a challenge for YOU! I'm looking for people who can write a fantabulous dramatic act, play, and/or story! If you want to enter, just reply and tell me your type of genre you do best, and a small piece of your writing. Later on, I'll put up another post that announces the finalists, and THOSE guys will reply and send me a short story or another form of writing! I will try to make sure the winner gets the spotlight! And I will totally make sure there will be other competitions coming up!

SO REPLY!!! :) REPLY!! REPLY!!! PLEASE!!! 

Re: Please reply!!!
new

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 am

hi ya i read ur post i <3 writing plays and im acctualy writing one right now in my school im about to be 12 and im in 6th grade just wanted 2 tell yuh tat i <3 writing plays thanks for posting tat im rebecca bye:D

new

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

i <3 writting emotional plays

-rebecca

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Chrissa

Genre:realistic fiction

A girl named Chrissa has a hard life.Her mother has died, her dad does not like her (...).One day her dad runs away from her.Where will she live now? At first she survives at her house with cheese and crackers, a TV, a sleeping bag, and $12.When her TV brakes, she runs out of crackers, and she has to pay the bills what will she do? Find out in Chrissa.

new

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey im angelhydra3 and i REALLY want to gine you a peice of dramatic writing.

Its called 3:00.

The lights go out its pitch black hopefully my friends are alive.The lights come on the breathing stops.Purple red and blue faces fill the so called "safe"room.Am i the only one still alive?I step outside the world is black.Icannot get a breath i die just like the other people.

See.Isint it dramatic.PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pick my story magigr 2 win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 am

Holly 6th grade

Humor

Zork: Hey, hey Ziggy

Zigginz: you're never gonna learn m,y real name are you (sigh)

Zork: Anyways, Why did the chicken cross the road (jumping up and down)

Zigginz: to get to the other side?

Zork:No! the answer is "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBKCHUNKURCYBU"!!!

Zigginz: i dont believe it

Zork: (points) Hey look! an ice cream truuck! buy me icecream cause i spent all my money!

Zigginz: i'll pay for you... sigh.smiley

Sun May 06, 2012 3:37 pm
Sorry I haven't been replying lately! I'm trying to see if anyone else would reply! But you guys all sound awesome! Tell your friends, your family, your siblings, about this post! I want lots of entries! Thanks! :) Love ya guys!

new

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 pm
arthur is so smart he gets ''A's''

Contest Entry (story called: stirring up life)
new

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm
First of all, I usually write realistic fiction or action//dramatic fiction. In the story sample I am sharing today called, Stirring Up Life, it is realistic fiction! Sorry its not dramatic! If you want me to write a dramatic story, just give me a short little prompt and I'll write it!!! So here it is! Stirring Up Life Chapter 1 “Anjali! I need four orders of fried dumplings! PRONTO!” Someone from the kitchen yelled. “Ugh…. I’m 13, give me a break!” I muttered under my breath. Then, I popped 20 little fried dumplings into our fryer. I saw a few chunks of tomato on the cutting board and decided to make what I now call a “ Summer Salad”. “ Whatcha makin’ Anjali?” My mom asked when she saw me looking in the cupboard for a package of black beans. “ I’m trying to create a new recipe! I’m using some leftover tomato from our spicy cole slaw! Could you get a few cobs of corn for meh?” I replied as I ripped open the package of black beans and plopping them into a pot of boiling water. Then my mom plopped three ears of corn into a pot of boiling water next to me. Before long, the black beans and corn had finished boiling. Then I sliced the kernels off the cob of corn and put them in a bowl with the tomatoes and black beans. Then I added some parsley and cumin. And, one can never forget, salt and pepper!!!

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team