General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 13 posts ] Average score:  
 Please reply! This is big!
contributor

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:46 pm
How do I get published? I have fantastic ideas, a good story, and up date editing. What do I do next? Please tell me.

Re: Please reply! This is big!
visitor

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:31 pm
write queary letters to some publishers who have published work similar to yours. search for "queary (however you spell it!) letters" on Google or somewhere.
Good luck!
Erin

regular_visitor

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:22 am

_Abby_Hayes_ wrote:
How do I get published? I have fantastic ideas, a good story, and up date editing. What do I do next? Please tell me.

Now...

You write :D

We all have one thing in common on these boards, we want to write and we all want to get noticed by some super duper publishing company! And, the only way to make that dream a reality is to practice- to WRITE WRITE WRITE! :D And, to share our writing with others, such as our family, friends and heck even all of our cyberfriends here at Writeit! - It always helps to get other's opinions (and you will ALWAYS be surprised at what they single out in your story(ies) for revision :))

Hope this helped... (lol somewhat at least ;))

Best of Luck!

-Bryven

regular_visitor

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:37 pm
Peronally:

i dunno.

But, (and i know this is easier said than done) I would start local. Get noticed around town (unless you live in NYC or somewhere big). Start with your school, and then like a newspaper, and just work your way up. PEOPLE WILL NOTICE!!

Just find a way. If you want it bad enough, you will.

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:30 pm
Although I have yet to be published I know a lot about the market. The first thing you need to do is visit your local bookstore or library and either buy or preferably borrow a copy of the Children's Writers Market. This book lists publishing companies for books and magazines plus what is required to submit for each publishing company. Also this book which comes out annually contains information about writing cover letters, query letters as well as listing for agents. Tip you don't need an agent to get published. Also Stone Soup publishes kids stories and poems but you have to be under 13. Check out the website for more details.

regular_contributor

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:54 pm
Get the book the young writer's guide to getting published by Kathy Henderson. It is really good. You might have to get an old edition though(like 2001). That was the latest I could find. Hope to see your work.

contributor

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:34 pm

Thanks for all you're help guys! I'll try all of the ideas! And for everyone else who has some ideas fell free to write them. I'm always cheacking this board for ideas and every bit helps.

Thanks again!

:smileyvery-happy:Abby_Hayes:smileyhappy:

regular_visitor

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:18 pm
definately get Writer's Market. i'm going to start trying to get published, and thats what i got as the best place to try when i did a Google search. other then that, all i have to say is, good luck!

midget_2326

P.S. look at my writing!

please reply!!!!!!! this is important!!
new

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:22 pm
im looking for ideas to write a story i was going to write sarah and the alaskin bull worm but i felt it needed more ideas okay creepy title just sayin wonder if you can help me[:

new

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:25 pm
hey guys!!! how do i publish my work???? just sayin i need some cheese

new

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm
What is it

contributor

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:21 am
Well I would suggest writing a lot so your writing keeps getting better and better. :). Also I would try to get myself noticed a tiny bit by entering a few contests online or out of it. You could also get account on websites where publishers might see I'm on a certain one but I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to share the link on it...... You could also mail your books to different publishers.

new

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 am
Please help me. I want to post some great stuff in the works, and I want people besides my family to read it. How do I post my stuff???

[ 13 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team