Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 PLZ GIVE ME CRITISISM!!!!!!
new

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:00 am

Butterflies seemed to create a tornado, pounding against the walls of my chest. I walked up to the stage. I wasn’t Lillian Vault anymore, I was Gertrude Flint. Artist’s daughter. Breathe in, breathe out. I sighed and faced the teachers. I looked down at the paper they had given to me, only to be reminded once again that I was shaking and I felt like I was going to throw up. “No, James,” I said, reading off the script. “I’m going to become an artist, like my father. I’m going to inherit his mansion and I’m going to marry a prince just like Cinderella did. Then we’ll have 12 babies and we’ll name them Eliza, Jane, Hugo, Sloan, Phillip-” The teacher (who was playing as James) said, “Ger, you’re not going to. That’s just in fairytales.” I folded my arms just like Gertrude the three year old was supposed to. I stomped my foot. “But I want to!” “Thank you Lilly, you can sit down.” said Ms. Jones. I breathed a sigh of relief and handed the script to Wanda, who was next in line. She mouthed a quiet thank you and I stepped off stage.

The rest of the week passed by in a blur. I only wanted to find out who I was for the play. I would always take the long way to my classes so I could take a peek at the bulletin board, where they said they would post the cast.

On Monday November 12th, I passed by the bulletin board to see a group of people, who were high-fiving each other to biting back tears, gathered around the board. I dropped my things and rushed to the board. What I found was surprising.

Main female role: Casey

Jinelly Siaz

Main male role: James

Zac Lin

James’ brother: Mickey

Walter Hayze

Casey’s friend: Maryellen

Lillian Vault

Casey’s friend: Sofia

Rowan Mandy

Ms. Lonfer

Sadie Winters

James’ sister: Gretchen

Fallon Genter

Principal Pike

Dylan Montezii

Casey’s Cat

Rachel Gong

Extras

Ollie Sanders

Jackson Grate

Willow Sanders

Clover Sanders

Arianna Sloan

Hugo LaRue

Meghan Sol

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was casted as Casey’s friend, not James’ sister. I wanted to be James’ sister, not Maryellen. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, what was I supposed to do? I knew Gretchen’s role more than I knew Maryellen’s! My stomach hurt. I didn’t eat lunch that day.

Re: PLZ GIVE ME CRITISISM!!!!!!
new

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:48 am

It sounds really good! I can't tell you EXACTLY what to change, but I would show more emotion. It just seems like a dry dialogue. But other wise, it's REALLY GOOD!

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team