Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 Almost-names?
new

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 pm
So I have been reading The Book of Awesome, and I came to the one about Almost-Names. You know, the names you were almost given, the names that almost became yours. The author talks about how maybe your Almost-Name would change your personality, your family, your life! Me, I didn't really have an almost-name. My mom knew from the time she lost her little sister that I would be Kathleen, shortened to Katie. But if I had a sister, she would be Anna, so I guess that that's my almost-name. If I were a boy, I'd be Matthew, shortened to Matt. What about you guys? Do you have an almost-name? I'd love to hear them!

Re: Almost-names?
regular_contributor

Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:57 pm
Basically no, I've been Anna since my parents found out I was a girl, before I was even born, so...
But if I was a boy my name would be Athanasios, after my grandfather, and that's my brother's name

Well, it's an interesting question nonetheless! :D I'd like to see what others say *iz creepy*

new

Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:11 pm
My almost-name is Tamara, but turns out I got Tanuja, but everyone calls me Tan or Tanner.

new

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm
Basil. Pronounced Bozzle (rhymes with nozzle).
SO EMBARRASSING!!!!!!

regular_visitor

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 am
I was almost named Rachel, but my mom couldn't pronounce it correctly, so they gave me some other name.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:21 pm
My almost-names were Julia, Vivian, and Vanessa. I wasn't Vanessa because my mom and dad thought of someone they didn't like named Vanessa last minute. My mom didn't name me Vivian because it was my dad's pick and she didn't like it. But Julia? I ALMOST HAD A BEATLE NAME. There is a Beatles song called Julia, and it was also John's mom's name. Of course, my mom and dad didn't know I'd be a Beatles fan, but still. . .

new

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:37 pm
Mine are Kelsey,Mannel,Lucy,and Kay. But my real name is Sally. i am 7.

new

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:29 pm
Lol, this is a weird story with me cuz my first name is actually Cady (KAY-dee) and my middle name is G. (from Katie- no middle names) but when I was about 6-months-old my parents decided they didn't like the name Cady but it was already on the birth certificate, so they decided to call me both, Cady-G., like those names that are like Barbara Jean & Mary-Kate, and that was my almost-name, but then they just started calling me G. (Fun Fact: When they learned that I went by my middle name, my older cousins thought that was just a thing we did at our house, calling each other by our middle names, so they started calling my older sister "R.", which is her middle name, and they still do to this day. I now pat myself on the back for committing another self-less act of randomness. *bows* *dumps tomato soup all over head* *exits room by shadow* *whispers* I'll be back... candy...

new

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 pm
My name is Stacey and I almost was Sydney.My mom says she never thought of a name if I were a boy. She thought for a while and finally said: "Sean."

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team