Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 ** Fantasy Spring Break Quiz! **

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm
Copy and then paste your answers. You're going on a fantasy spring break....

1. Where are you going?

2. Who are you going with?

3. How much money will you take?

4. What do you want to do when you get there?

5. How long will you be there?

6. How long will it take to get there?

7. HOW will you get there?

8. What will you eat there?

9. What will be your BEST memory?

10. OMG! Can you believe THIS will happen on your trip?! (what is 'this?'):

11. WORST thing that will happen:

12. What famous person will you meet on this trip and will you like them in person?

13. Movies/shows/books you'll watch/read on this trip:

14. Will you ever go back again??

Re: ** Fantasy Spring Break Quiz! **
new

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 pm
1. Where are you going? Tanglewood (from The Guardians series)

2. Who are you going with? My friends

3. How much money will you take? Is don't like to spend too much, but I'll take $600 for food, gifts, and books.

4. What will you do when you get there? I will say hi to Katherine (from The Guardians series).

5. How long would you be there? I would say a week.

6. How long will it take you to get there? About 6 hours, 5 if traffic is good.

7. HOW will you get there? Well, I have a specific plan. I have a loose tooth, so I knock it out, and put it under my pillow. Then, I secretly stay awake all night pretending to be asleep. When the tooth fairy comes to take my tooth, I replace my body with a mannequin, and I sneakily climb on one of the fairy's wings. If she looks at one of her wings, I have camouflage. Then, I wait for her to get to Tanglewood, jump of her wing, and I arrive at my location.

8. What will you eat there? I'll eat whatever I can bring with me to Tanglewood, but I'll also try Nightlight's diet because Nightlight is REALLY cool and I want to be just like him!

9. What will be your BEST memory? My best memory will be meeting The Guardians, and Nightlight and Katherine!!!!

10. OMG! Can you believe THIS will happen on your trip?! (what is 'this?'): I will ride on BEAR'S back!!!!!!!!! I know, it's so hard to believe, but I'm going to ride on a bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. WORST thing that will happen: Pitch the nightmare king and his Fearlings will attack Tanglewood! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

12. What famous person will you meet on this trip and will you like them in person? I will meet Nicholas St. North (A.K.A. Santa Claus!!!) and YES, OF COURSE I would like to meet him in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Movies/shows/books you'll watch/read on this trip: Books: Princess Academy, Ella Enchanted, Double Dog Dare, Wolves of the Beyond book #1 Lone Wolf, and The Guardians series! shows: Teen Titans, Today, The Voice, and Spongebob Squarepants. Movies: The Guardians movie, Ella Enchanted, Despicable me 2, Muppets: Most Wanted, and the Lego Movie.

14. Will you ever go back again?? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contributor

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:17 pm
Ok, cool! :D Thanks Katie!
1. Where are you going?
I would love to go to Paris. (Or Israel, either one)

2. Who are you going with?
My two closest friends.

Enough. :P (Ok, I would have to calculate how much things would cost there and stuff, so...)

Just walk around places. I love exploring cities and window shopping and things like that, so.
Maybe a week and a half, or two weeks.

6. How long will it take to get there?
A while... For Paris, I think it's maybe 8 hours, and for Israel it's more like 11.

7. How will you get there?
Plane.

In France, French Onion soup, and in Israel, lots of hummus. :P

Just being with my friends and walking around places, trying to find a place to eat.

10. OMG Can you believe THIS will happen on your trip?!:
Hm... I'd meet the president or prime minister!

11. WORST thing that will happen?
One of us will be sick for a day.

12. What famous person will you meet on this trip and will you like them in person?
Well, the French president or Israeli prime minister. (As for whether or not I'd like them, I'd prefer to keep my politics to myself. :P)

13. Movies/Shows/books you'll watch/read on this trip:
I would try to watch and read something new. :) Last time I was in Israel I read The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, who is French. ;) The main television show I watch (don't laugh at me :P) is The Good Wife so maybe I'd watch that.

14. Will you ever go back again?
Yes!

Foreverelephant

I am a lady from Mars
and I can unscrew the stars.
I can be anything that I see.
•♡♡•
--Ingrid Michaelson, Lady in Spain

new

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm
1. Disney World 2. My best friends 3. Ummm... a lot? Disney World is pretty expensive. 4. Go on Tower of Terror 5. 4-7 days 6. I think it would take a couple of hours by plane 7. By plane 8. Ice cream, burgers, turkey legs, everything 9. Meeting the Mad Hatter and going on all the rides 10. I'll end up meeting a really cute guy the lives in the same town as me :P 11. My hotel has a view of the parking lot (in the perfect world this would be the worst thing to happen to me) 12. Andrew and Hali Ducote and they will be super sweet in person 12. I will be too busy going on rides to read or watch tv 14. Of course!

regular_contributor

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 pm
1. Where are you going?
Mwah. Hardest question. OK, if it's 100% fantasy, then freaking Hogwarts or, even better, ACTUAL NARNIA YES. (Well Narnia is pure fantasy while Hogwarts is just a fictional location in the real world so sorry but Narnia wins)
But somewhere in the real world, well we'd start from Russia because Russia and then go to China because China and then to South Korea and Japan for Naruto and then to Aurstalia for Stonehenge and then to Hawaii because Hawaii and then to Florida for the Harry Potter theme park and then to like London or Paris or sth
(OK OK BARELY any of these at all beacuse we wouldn't even have the time for anything. Just pick one of those locations or something completely different and it'll do)

2. Who are you going with? DUH Stonehenge, Naruto, Traitor, Jo and Joffrey (my friends) (even though they have some problems with each other occassionally, they'd better work them out due course)

UGH are you freaking KIDDING me, who needs money in Narnia?
(Like omg none of the real-world destinations would be possible because we most likely don't even have the money to get there. But also consider it's an AU where we all get a part-time job and very good pocket money and manage to gather enough and also maybe get to work wherever we go too just for fun and for gaining enough money to actually get back?)

Go everywhere the place is famous for, but also just chill and explore the place and meet new people and have lots of stupid fun :D

One week is good, two would be awesome, but if that's the case, then not all of it on the same location :D

6. How long will it take to get there? I don't know, but it's the VOYAGE THAT COUNTS :D
And also perhaps I should mention I will one day go round all Europe with a train

7. HOW will you get there?
Trains are awesome, but it really just depends on where we're going
(and for Narnia, I'm not saying a magical wardrobe or anything on purpose, because if you've read the books then you'll know there are many different ways to get there and if you've read the books you'll also know Narnia technically doesn't exist but it's ok because who said that The Last Battle was canon expect from Lewis? No one)

The place's traditional food because it's pointless not to try the cuisine of the country you've visited and this is legit not just my opinion ;s

EVERYTHING especially when we'll save the world
Also either Stonhenge or Naruto will find their tru luv, and in Narnia we'll just become some serious queens and kings of Narnia

10. OMG! Can you believe THIS will happen on your trip?! (what is 'this?'):
I said we'll save the world though

11. WORST thing that will happen:
Knowing us we'll probably just keep bickering and debating over everything, then something will happen and we'll get in serious very serious danger and it will be very scary but in the end we'll save the world :P
(also in Narnia many things can happen)

I don't know who it will be, but we will either very much like them in person and become friends or we'll get to pwn them very bad in case we don't like them and ruin their image forever (lol just kidding)

13. Movies/shows/books you'll watch/read on this trip:
OK most likely everyone is going to bring their favorite books and we'll watch each other's favorite shows/movies but it won't be focused too much on things we can anyway do at home :lol:

14. Will you ever go back again??
Wait, you mean back home? Because yes that was the original plan but if staying there forever is an option then thank you, saves me the headache of return money :]

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team