Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 project Earth; chapter 2
new

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Chapter 2

My father, Jonathan Pierce, went missing four years ago when he went looking for Earth.

I remember the night before my father left. My parents were arguing.

"Jonathan, you can't go. I can't take care of the children by myself."

"Abigail, you have to trust me. I'll come back."

"But what if you don't?" my mother yelled. That had scared me. Mother never yelled. She started to cry. She never cried.

That night I had found it hard to sleep. Father came in my room.

"Father, promise me you'll come back."

He kissed my forehead. "I will, my dear Scarlett. I promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"Cross my heart." He held up his hand and crossed his heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I was wearing my best dress. As I watched my father climb the ladder onto the ship, I looked at him.

He crossed his heart.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team