Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Project Earth: Chapter 3
new

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Last night I wrote two chapters. This one's short but sweetcheeky Any tips are useful :)

Chapter 3

For months my father was gone. David, my older brother, worked extra hard in the fields. Juniper, Lilly and I (those are my younger sisters) helped Mother as much as we could.

I remember, five months after Father had left, my mother had recieved an urgent message from General Plate, the leader of the launch team.

Curious, I went with my mother to see what the problem was.

Mother and I sat in front of General Plate's desk.

"Mrs. Pierce, your husband, Jonathan Pierce, has been lost. We have lost all contact with him. We don't know where he is."

Mother's face turned white.

"lf we still have no word from him in a month, we will consider him Missing."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly one month later, Mother was contacted again.

I will never forget that day.

l will never forget the way my mother had been pale. How scared we both were. How hot the room was. The crumb on General's shirt.

l will remember my mother fainting.

I will remember General's exact words:

"He is never coming back."

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team