General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 16 posts ] Average score:  
 Q&A
frequent_vsitor

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:22 am
Here is just a random Question and Answer survery for all the people who need something to take up their time...Well here it goes! Oh and you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable...this is just for fun!

1. What's your first name?

2. What state do you live in?

3. What things inspire you most?

4. What is your favorite genre to read?

5. What is your favorite genre to write?

Here are some questions for people who are writing books:

1. What is it about and what genre is it?

2. How long is it so far? How long will it be when it's finished?

3. What is your main character's name?

4. What is the time setting?

5. What is the location?

Here are some other random questions:

1. If you could choose to be one animal, what would it be?

2. If you could have one power/abiliy, what would it be?

3. What is the one place in the world you would love to visit?

4. How old are you?

5. If you could make up your own mythological creature...what would it be? Describe it!

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

"THERE ARE MANY WORLDS, BUT THEY SHARE THE SAME SKY---ONE SKY---ONE DESTINY..." KINGDOM HEARTS II

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 01-20-2009 11:32 PM

Re: Q&A
visitor

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:52 pm
barb
ontario
random things like tea cups and songs
fantesy, sci fi
same as above

im righting a book

its fantesy
well, i only have five chapters, and i dont know how many more im gonna make
Emily Cook, Jimmy (i havnt come up with a last name yet)
now
my house sorta, and planet buzooka

i would be a dingo (its a reel animal u know)
the abilty to read minds
ukraine, where my family comes from.
a walking talking teacup. i think that explains itself.

cool  q&a.
~lol i wrowx~
barb

visitor

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 pm
  1. What's your first name?  Ama
  2. What state do you live in? 
  3. What things inspire you most? Nature, People
  4. What is your favorite genre to read?  Fantasy/Fiction
  5. What is your favorite genre to write?  Realistic Fantasy

1. What is it about and what genre is it?   It is about this teen named Yuki who finds eout that she is this sort of Angelic creature and she now has to save the universe.
  2. How long is it so far? How long will it be when it's finished? 50 pages. It will be done by the summer time.
  3. What is your main character's name?  Yuki Jack-Lynn Evans
  4. What is the time setting? It is during our present 20th century time.
  5. What is the location? Ma

1. If you could choose to be one animal, what would it be?  Horse
  2. If you could have one power/abiliy, what would it be? To read minds from a distance and control emotions
  3. What is the one place in the world you would love to visit? Tokyo Japan!!!!! I am Atoku all the way !!! (Atoku=Anime/manga lover)
  4. How old are you?  14
  5. If you could make up your own mythological creature...what would it be? Describe it!

Okay. My creature would be a cenatour with wings. I would call it Cranus. Or humans that can live forever and turn into any animal of their choice.

This was a really cool idea. :smileywink:

From

The One The Only

Ama B.

Remember an idea is just an idea YOU have to give it wings

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 01-30-2009 10:05 AM

frequent_contributor

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:06 pm
Kira
Not Mentioned
My life, my friends, my shower
Fantasy-ish sci fi with some romance involved, but I also like plain fantasy, realistic fiction/romance, and adventure
Fantasy romance

For my opus, it's about two psychics (who happen in fall in love) who find an underground society of psychics and fights a war against fear to gain their freedom in the above world, fantasy romance.
It's 90000 words, almost 400 pages, and it's done.
Mandy Gale and Beamer Darren
Now
Laketown, Missouri, but most of it is underground. 

A cat
Psychic ability (read minds)
Hawaii
I can't remember the name but it's a mini talking dinosaur, plant eater, that has two different colored scales.

SAVE THE DUDE

Kira

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm
Okay, here goes nothing!

1.      What's your first name? I don't give my name out to random stangers (sorry! i feel bad that i've called all of you strangers!), but my nickname is Momo.

2.      What state do you live in? ummm... is the phrase 'stranger danger!!' okay to use?

3.      What things inspire you most? Nature and boredom. My brain works overtime to come up with things to make me not bored.

4.      What is your favorite genre to read? Fantasy (can manga be a genre? i dont know! X3), though i do enjoy a good mystery.

5.      What is your favorite genre to write? Fantasy takes the cake. Again.

6.      What is it about and what genre is it? A boy, Audtin, living in Scotland (born French, if it helps much) during a made-up period where magicians are being prosecuted.

7.      How long is it so far? How long will it be when it's finished? Not very long, and it WILL take a very long time (if i even get half-way...).

8.      What is your main character's name? Austin, but i need to modify the French word for  'Wings', since that's his nick-name

9.      What is the time setting?  1900's...?

10.  What is the location? If no one was paying attetion, it is set in Scotland, but also in france for a time...

11.  If you could choose to be one animal, what would it be? Ookami!! (wolf in jap.) those things are amazing, people!!

12.  If you could have one power/abiliy, what would it be? Idk... i think (manga refrence), most likley, air manipulation, like Leon!!! (don't ask, please.)X3 

13.  What is the one place in the world you would love to visit? Osaka, Japan! heeheehee...

14.  How old are you? 12.

15.  If you could make up your own mythological creature...what would it be? Describe it!i don't like making up mythical creatures, but... hmmmm... Oh! kind of like the body of a boar (only in appearence, it'll be peach!! X3)... a skinny, whip-like tail... and the legs of a horse, and a lioness' face! 0.0 I'm scaring myself...

frequent_vsitor

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:43 pm

_DolphinWriter_ wrote:
Kira
Not Mentioned
Fantasy-ish sci fi with some romance involved, but I also like plain fantasy, realistic fiction/romance, and adventure
Fantasy romance

For my opus, it's about two psychics (who happen in fall in love) who find an underground society of psychics and fights a war against fear to gain their freedom in the above world, fantasy romance.
Now

A cat
Hawaii
I can't remember the name but it's a mini talking dinosaur, plant eater, that has two different colored scales.

SAVE THE DUDE

Kira

Omigosh! Congratulations, Kira!

Are you going to have it published???

"THERE A

frequent_vsitor

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:43 pm

_DolphinWriter_ wrote:
Kira
Not Mentioned
Fantasy romance

Now

A cat
Hawaii

SAVE THE DUDE

Kira

"THERE ARE M

frequent_vsitor

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:47 pm

_DolphinWriter_ wrote:
Kira
Not Mentioned
Fantasy romance

Now

A cat
Hawaii

SAVE THE DUDE

Kira

"THERE ARE MANY WORLDS, BUT THEY SHARE THE SAME SKY---ONE SKY---ONE DESTINY..." KINGDOM HEARTS II

K.

And to the moderator...K. is not my last name. It's my first initial and middle name.

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 02-01-2009 10:24 AM

frequent_vsitor

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:11 pm
I'll do the last few...

(For peoplo who write)

1. Skipping about them, they (more than one) are sci-fi, realistic and historical fiction
2. So far? Two chapters I'm positvie about. Maybe two years until the final draft of the first one is ready.
3. Main characters are classified.
4. Mostly times are undefined- at a time that never existed or modern-day.
5. Many different locations are also classified.

I am inspired by music, I do not read- I write and when I read I read what is good no matter what genre, I do not have a favorite writting genre.

I like being human, I have all the power I need, I don't need to visit anywhere, I do not know for sure which creatures are mythological or not. Dragons are real- in the sense that they Will exist. Sea monsters are/were real, and the  most gruesome monster- humans- already exists. So there's really not much to choose from.

Dremslier

visitor

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:23 pm
1. Kate
2. No answer
3. Just random things (life, friends, etc.)
4. Fantasy and Sci Fi
5. Same as above

1. It's about six kids who get caught in a strange explosion and end up getting special powers.
2. Five pages b/c I've been busy.  It'll take a while to finish.
3. I'm still debating but I think it might be Annabel and Wings will be her nickname.
4. Present day
5. In a small town.

1. Wolf
2. Invisibility
3. California
4. 13
5. A big wolf/dog with red eyes and breaths fire. 

frequent_contributor

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 am

1. What's your first name? Diana-- but that's only my penname

2. What state do you live in? Michigan

3. What things inspire you most? Can I say everything?

4. What is your favorite genre to read? realistic fiction, with some romance and adventure... maybe some scifi elements, too

5. What is your favorite genre to write? see above answer *points to #4*

1. What is it about and what genre is it? It's about this teenage secret agent who is sent to find a terrorist hiding out in a small town. The catch is the terrorist is also a teenager, and is attending the high school. While there, he meets a lot of people, many of whom he believes are the terrorist... especially this one girl, who... well, you'd have to read it to find out the rest! ;)

I'm not sure what genre it would be, right now... I guess realistic fiction mixed with scifi???

1. How long is it so far? How long will it be when it's finished? It's about 61,000 words long right now, and I'm not sure how long it'll be when it's finished. I still have a lot to write!

2. What is your main character's name? The two MCs are Kyle Orchar and Janie Adams.

3. What is the time setting? November, present time

4. What is the location? Richford, CA

1. If you could choose to be one animal, what would it be? I guess a cat...

2. If you could have one power/abiliy, what would it be? either to be invisible, walk through things, or read minds...

3. What is the one place in the world you would love to visit? Sweden!

4. How old are you? 14

5. If you could make up your own mythological creature...what would it be? Describe it! Hmmm... I think I'd actually rather not... I like the creatures we have right now! :p

Oh! But when I was younger, I wanted to create a combination of a guinea pig and a gerbil! (Lol)

~Diana

"When all else fails, believe."

contributor

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm
1. Emily
2. NY new york
3. Um, other people?
4. Mysteries, fantasy, a little bit of Realistic fiction
5. Myteries mixed with realistic fiction

1.  It's about a boy and a girl who discover another world on the other side of a forest. It's part mystery and part adventure.
2. it's now 26 pages ( I just started writing it, it's a new story) I hope it could be 280 to 300 pages.
3. Slyvre ( pronounced Silver)
4. 21 century. But it doesn't say that in the book.
5. Swiss

1.  A eagle
2. To control Wind
3. Antartica
4. 10 years old almost 11
5. A shark's tail and an eagle's body. ( I know, it's strange)

"Most of the shadows in this life are caused by our standing in our own  sunshine "

Emily * Schopuppy*

contributor

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 pm
Cool, My name is Emily!

"Most of the shadows in this life are caused by our standing in our own  sunshine "

Emily * Schopuppy*

frequent_vsitor

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm

1. What's your first name? Karrissa (But I prefer Brooke)

2. What state do you live in? AZ

3. What things inspire you most? Well my inspiration comes from the people who read my posts and encourage me to write more.

4. What is your favorite genre to read? I love to read mostly fiction novels along with fantasy, romance, and adventure novels.

5. What is your favorite genre to write? Most people would expect me to say Romance but that comes second after Fantasy.

Here are some questions for people who are writing books:

1. What is it about and what genre is it? Er...well I'm writing two things at the moment, a script/show (Scoring More Than Baskets) and To Kiss A Legend, which is Fantasy/Romance/Adventure.

2. How long is it so far? How long will it be when it's finished? Well the script is about seven pages haha -- I just started yesterday. And To Kiss A Legend is like 50-100 pages and most of it bits and pieces...I'm at chapter 5 technically speaking...

3. What is your main character's name? Script: Chaz: A quiet young man who moves to a new town, not expecting to make any friends. His basketball skills exceed him and he is commonly overlooked but speaks his mind through his anonymous blogs. Though strong at heart he tends to be quick to criticize himself. Trav: A natural athlete and the star of the high school basketball team. His popularity is a burden in his eyes and in truth is a little withdrawn and fails to accept his troubled past. He doesn't say much, but metaphorically speaking he has a loud voice when he allows others to hear it and is quick to get his point across.  Novel: Neala and Clematis :smileyvery-happy:

1. What is the time setting? Both: Present time

2. What is the location? Kingman, Arizona

Here are some other random questions:

1. If you could choose to be one animal, what would it be?  I would have to choose between three...wolf, horse, or owl.

2. If you could have one power/abiliy, what would it be? Oooh tough one...either flying or invisibility. Or maybe the power to morph so that I could turn myself into an owl and fly and turn into something small so I could be "invisible". :smileyhappy:

3. What is the one place in the world you would love to visit?  Well, Scotland is the setting of To Kiss A Legend in some of the first book and all of the second...so Europe.

4. How old are you? I am sixteen years old :smileyvery-happy:

5. If you could make up your own mythological creature...what would it be? Describe it! My mythological creature would be a beautiful creature...a creature with a wolf face and the body of a white tiger with wings of an eagle and paws in the back and talons in the front. It would lure in prey by howling/singing a tune, after which it would take the prey up in its talons and give the prey the opportunity to soak up the world before biting its throat and killing it instantly as a sign of respect.

I thought it was a little wierd that I posted this, but didn't answer the questions for myself, so I decided to participate :smileyvery-happy:

"I'm not so innocent...and to tell you the truth -- you won't ever look at me the same...if I tell you how I died in the last three terms I need you to promise me you won't see me differently. The truth, I fear, is the best way to lose you..." -- To Kiss A Legend
Brooke

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:38 pm
1.Chelsea   2.Ohio   3.WHAT??   4.adventure(the chronicals of narnia)      5.comedy fantasy
got to go i will finish this later

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am
Holy Jegus, I was waaaaay too excitable 4 years ago-- 4 years!! (I was peachiepeach. And theres probably a peachiekeen around here that was also me. I will say it again: Holy. Jegus. Id like to try this again... Name: you can call me Momo. State: Ill tell you a general direction: the North East US. Inspiration: being bored, yes, but other than that... my muse simply has to hit me. (No, really: my muse is like a weeping angel- blink, and youre dead.) Genre to read: Historical, Scientific (I reccomend David Eagleman; he explains the subconscious in SUCH a cool way), Mystery, and yes, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Genre to write: I dont think I can write anything but fantasy or sci-fi. It helps fuel my imagination and gives me intersting concepts for inventions. (I want to be an engineer. 12 year old me would never approve.) A book in the works?: Its a bit presumptuious to call it that, but yes, I have a few ideas floating around here. I haven't completely scrapped Wings, but the general idea is definately dead. For now. Neer know how Im going to feel about it tomorrow. Whats it about?: We're stil jumping the gun here, but I, at the very least, saw it as a nuclear fallout meets genetic deformaties meets an oppressive governmemt. Its pretty much if the Cold War actually happened had a baby with Old Religious Beliefs which recently divorced its wife Science (who are on pretty friemdly grounds, considering their recently divorced) and that baby had married Science's estranged brother, Corrupted Government and had two kids, Racism and Rebellion. Basically one huge incestious-sounding relationship of all bad things to make one story. But surprisingly not related at all, once you work out the syntax and familial lines. (Yes. Yes I did check. AND I AM 100% RIGHT.) How long so far?: Google Docs doesn't tell me these sorts of things. I honestly have no idea. I also don't particularly want to know. It'll be done when its done. Main Character?: Her name is Chrys. So far, all I know (which is still more than you know) is that she's a poor, cynical young woman who takes care of unwanted children (I will hopefully get around to explaining why in a canonical manner) She's a mechanic, making enough to pay for necessities but still must ignore the strict laws in order to feed herself amd the growing number of orphans in her care. She doesn't raise a fuss simply because that doesn't pay and becuase it draws attention. Setting?: Dunno. You tell me. Be the animal: Bequerel. Good dog. Best friend! :D Have a power: Dunno. Maybe... I'd fly? Or teleport. Both are rather practical. Age: 16. Give or take. Mythological creature: I had a lot of made up animals in my story. Does that count? Nuts, never mind. I'll simply make it count. Hmm, how does one simply describe Grin? Well, for one, he's a sabre bear. Theyre about the size of, if not bigger than, a grown man. They have snow white fur, and are completely blind- but their brains and other senses compensate for the lack of sight. Flexible yet sturdy blue carapieces cover and protect their knees, shoulderblades, and elbows. ...Wait. That reminds me of Monsuno. Why did I not see that connection before? I feel so dumb now. Ugh. ...I still like Grin though.

[ 16 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team