Stack Back

Announcements

Hello, all! I’m your moderator, Jennifer, and I’m super-excited to welcome you to the Stack Back Board! You can use this board to post feedback about The Stacks. Before you get started there are some rules you should know about.

When you post a message please DO NOT:

1) Use your last name, or anyone else’s

2) Tell anyone what city you live in

3) Mention the day or year you were born

4) Be mean or rude

5) Post your email address or links to other websites

6) Send attachments or pictures

7) Provide your user name(s) for other accounts such as instant messenger or non-Scholastic message boards

Thanks! These rules keep our message board safe and friendly for everyone. Now it’s to time to share your opinions!
   [ 101 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Random Siggy Making. (Siggies to Share)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 am
Okay, I've been thinking, first of all, I'm bored. I want to make siggies, but I have no one to make them for (I already have too many.) Now, my idea is that we can have a place where everybody can make signatures that anyone can use. Sort of like a community siggy shop type thing. You can Make a Siggy and then post the code below it. Then, anyone who wants to use it can. (but it is still your work and cannot be used in a siggy contest without your permission.) What do you guys think? I am going to start now! Feel free to copy and paste. ;-)

~Username Here~

Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what YOU have to SAY.

~ Barbara Kingsolver

Here is the code.

<center><font size=5><font face="Impact"><font color=#800080>~Username Here~</font></font></font><br><br><font size=4><font face="Arial"><font color=#4b0082>Don'</font><font color=#5b0082>t try t</font><font color=#6b0082>o fig</font><font color=#7b0082>ure o</font><font color=#8b0082>ut wha</font><font color=#9b0082>t othe</font><font color=#ab0082>r peopl</font><font color=#ab0082>e want t</font><font color=#9b0082>o hea</font><font color=#8b0082>r fro</font><font color=#7b0082>m you; fi</font><font color=#6b0082>gure ou</font><font color=#5b0082>t what</font><font color=#ffd700><b> YOU</b></font><font color=#4b0082> have to</font> <font color=#ffd700> <b>SAY.</font><font><font><br><br> <font size=3> <font face="Times New Roman"><font color=999999>~ Barbara Kingsolver </font></font></font></center>

Here is another one. It'll be my last one for tonight.

Username Here

" '...I remembe r the will said M ay God thy gold re fine. That mus t be from the Bi ble.' 'Shakespeare,' Turtle replied. Alll quotations were either from the Bible or Shakespeare."

-Flora Baumbach and Turtle Wexler from Ellen Raskin's The Westing Game

The Code.

<center><font size=6><font face="Mistral"><font color=6cccc>Username Here</font></font></font><br><br><font size=3><font face="Century"><font color=#990000>" '...I remembe</font> <font color=#990033>r the will said <i>M</font> <font color=#990066>ay God thy gold re</font> <font color=#990099>fine.</i> That mus</font> <font color=#9900cc>t be from the Bi</font> <font color=#9900ff>ble.' 'Shakesp<font><font color=#9900cc>eare,' Tur</font><font color=#990099>tle replied. Al</font><font color=#990066>ll quotations we</font><font color=#990033>re either from the Bi</font><font color=#990000>ble or Shakespeare."</font></font></font><br><br><font size=2><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=#66cccc>-Flora Baumbach and Turtle Wexler from Ellen Raskin's <i> The Westing Game</i></font></font></font></center>

Have fun creating siggies to share!

Re: Random Siggy Making. (Siggies to Share)
new

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 pm
YOU MAY USE MY SIGNATURE.
EXCEPT MY USERNAME.

FROM, dreamtimepink9

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE. IF YOU WANT "THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB" BOARD,
"THE ALLIE-FRINKLE'S" BOARD, "THE 39-CLUES" BOARD. BACK.

new

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:05 pm
Thanks!

~Gopherchess4~

Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what YOU have to SAY.

~ Barbara Kingsolver

Gopherchess4

" '...I remembe r the will said M ay God thy gold re fine. That mus t be from the Bi ble.' 'Shakespeare,' Turtle replied. Alll quotations were either from the Bible or Shakespeare."

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Uh oh! That second one is a little messed up! I'll fix it.

Username Here

" '...I remember the will said May God thy gold refine. That must be from the Bible.' 'Shakespeare,' Turtle replied. All quotations were either from the Bible or Shakespeare."

There were three L's in all. Oopsy!

<center><font size=6><font face="Mistral"><font color=6cccc>Username Here</font></font></font><br><br><font size=3><font face="Century"><font color=#990000>" '...I remembe</font><font color=#990033>r the will said <i>M</font><font color=#990066>ay God thy gold re</font><font color=#990099>fine.</i> That mus</font><font color=#9900cc>t be from the Bi</font><font color=#9900ff>ble.' 'Shakesp<font><font color=#9900cc>eare,' Tur</font><font color=#990099>tle replied. A</font><font color=#990066>ll quotations we</font><font color=#990033>re either from the Bi</font><font color=#990000>ble or Shakespeare."</font></font></font><br><br><font size=2><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=#66cccc>-Flora Baumbach and Turtle Wexler from Ellen Raskin's <i> The Westing Game</i></font></font></font></center>

I'm going to use that one today!!!

History23

" '...I remember the will said May God thy gold refine. That must be from the Bible.' 'Shakespeare,' Turtle replied. All quotations were either from the Bible or Shakespeare."

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 am
And I'm going to make some more!!! Random thought: I have tried using online HTML Generators, but must of them have very little variety in fonts, and it's really more fun to make them yourself anyways. That is, if you're going to put in any work. HTML Generators take your time; going to a siggy shop is easy and convinient, In my opinion, though, if you're going to do it yourself then REALLY DO IT YOURSELF!! It's just more fun to me.. and it gives me practice.

Username

“I find television very educating. Every time s omebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
― Groucho Marx

The Code for that is:

<center><font size=5><font face="Arial"><font color=#CCCC33>Username</font></font></font><br><br><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#993333>“I find televi</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#996633>sion very educ</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#999933>ating. Every time s</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#99aa33> omebody tu</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#999933>rns on the set, </font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#996633>I go into the o</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#993333>ther room and</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Arial Black"><font color=#CCCC33> read</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#996633> a </font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Arial Black"><font color=#CCCC33>book.</font></font></font><font size=4><font face="Impact"><font color=#993333>” </font></font><font><br><font face="Arial"><font size=3><font color=99cc66> ― Groucho Marx</font></font></font></center>

Here is another one.

-} Username Here {-

“So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.”

― Roald Dahl

And here is the code.

<center><font size=4><font face="Lucida Handwriting"><font color=999999> -} Username Here {- </font></font></font><br><br><font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#08F5C9>“So, ple</font></font></font><font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#0FEBC7>ase, oh ple<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#17E0C4>ase, we b<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#1FD6C2>eg, we p<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#26CCBF>ray, go th<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#2EC2BD>row your TV <font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#36B8BA>set aw<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#3DADB8>ay, and in<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#45A3B5> its pla<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#4C99B2>ce you c<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#548FB0>an inst<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#5C85AD>all, a lo<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#637AAB>vely boo<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#6B70A8>kcas<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#7366A6>e on th<font size=3><font face="Impact"><font color=#7A5CA3>e wall.” </font></font></font><br><br><font face="Century"><font size=2><font color=000000> ― R</font><font color=333333>o</font><font color=666666>a</font><font color=999999>l</font><font color=bbbbbb>d</font><font color=999999> D</font><font color=666666>a<font color=333333>h</font><font color=000000>l</font></font></font></center>

Once again, you guys can feel free to make more signatures for this post, or to copy and paste the ones I have posted.

Here are some great quotes that someone might want to use in a signature. They are just ideas, though,and if nobody uses them I will!!!

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”
― Mark Twain

“In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.”
― Mortimer J. Adler

“Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren't. I'm not surprised some people prefer books.”
― Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot

“I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

If you guys don't have time to make signatures, you can also choose to post some great quotes! Someone will make a signature for it, I'm sure.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm
@Gopherchess4- Sure!!! And the second one (the Westing Game sign-off) was a little bit wonky... I fixed it up, though.

@dreamtimepink9- Thank you! May I ask which colorcode you use? If you give me the six-digit code, I can post the code for your signature on this thread. Once again, thank you for participating and letting us use your username!!! :-D

History23

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
― Groucho Marx

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm
Oops! I just sent in a post that thanked dreamtimepink9 for letting us use her username. I meant to thank her for letting us use her signature. Sorry for any confusion, dreamtimepink9. Once again, thank you!!!

-} History23 {-

“So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.”

― Roald Dahl

new

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm
Thanks!

Gopherchess4

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
― Groucho Marx

-} Gopherchess4 {-

― Roald Dahl

new

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 pm
COLOR CODE: ff1493

FROM, dreamtimepink9

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE. IF YOU WANT "THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB" BOARD,
"THE ALLIE-FRINKLE'S" BOARD, "THE 39-CLUES" BOARD. BACK.

new

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 pm
:D

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:00 pm
Thanks, dreamtimepink9!

FROM, username here

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB BOARD, THE ALLIE FINKLE BOARD, AND THE 39 CLUES BOARD BACK.

I hope you don't mind that i changed your quotation marks to italics. Here is the code for it!

<font color=#ff1493>FROM, username here<br><br>PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT <i>THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB</i> BOARD, <i>THE ALLIE FINKLE</i> BOARD, AND <i>THE 39 CLUES</i> BOARD BACK. </font>

Once again, thank you for letting us use your signature, dreamtimepink9!!!

And now I will make another signature. (This is so fun to me!)

Username Here

"I do things like get in a
taxi and say, 'The library,and step on it.' "

- David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

And the code for that would be:

<center><font color=999932><font face="Monotype Corsiva"><font size=4> Username Here </font></font></font><br><p><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99837><font size=3> "I do </font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99807><font size=3>thing</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99804><font size=3>s li</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99807><font size=3>ke get </font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99837><font size=3> in a</font></font></font><br><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99804><font size=3> taxi an</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a9a904><font size=3>d say, 'T</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a9ba04><font size=3>he library,</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a9a904><font size=3>and st</font></font></font><font face="Times New Roman"><font color=a99804><font size=3>ep on it.' "</font></font></font><br><p><font color=cccc00><font face="Impact"><font size=2>- David Foster Wallace, <i>Infinite Jest</i></font></font></font></center>

new

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:01 pm
This is such a good idea!! :D

.USERNAME..
If you are what you eat,
I'd better stop eating nuts.

<center><font face="Impact" size="2" color="00ff00">.</font><font face="Impact" size="2" color="7cfc00">★</font><font face="Impact" size="3" color="adff2f">★</font><font face="Impact" size="4" color="32cd32">USERNAME</font><font face="Impact" size="2" color="00ff00">.</font><font face="Impact" size="3" color="adff2f">★</font><font face="Impact" size="2" color="7cfc00">★</font><font face="Impact" size="2" color="00ff00">.</font><br>
<font face="Impact" size="3" color="008000">If</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="32cd32">you</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="00ff00">are</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="7cfc00">what</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="7fff00">you</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="adff2f">eat,</font><br>
<font face="Impact" size="3" color="ccf20d">I'd</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="c0f708">better</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="f5fc03">stop</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="ffe600">eating</font> <font face="Impact" size="3" color="ff9900">nuts.</font>

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 am
Thanks, bubblybookworm12! For saying this was a good idea and for contributing. ;-)

.HISTORY23..
If you are what you eat,

I like it! Cool!

History23

PS: Don't forget to insert your username where the signatures say "Username Here" ;-)

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:13 pm
Here is another one. :lol:

Username

Life is like a cup of tea;
It's all in how YOU make it.

~Irish Proverb

I really like making these. :lol:

Oh, the code! How could I have forgotten? :lol:

<center><font face="Forte" size=5 color=990088>Username </font><br><p><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=7700aa>L</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=8800bb>if</font></font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=9900cc>e i</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=aa00dd>s l</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=bb00ee>ik</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=cc00ff>e a </font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=bb00ee>cu</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=aa00dd>p o</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=9900cc>f t</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=8800bb>ea</font><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=7700aa>;</font><br><font face="Arial Black" size=3 color=7c00af>It's all in how <b>YOU</b> make it.</font><p><font face="Arial" size=2 color=cc9a00>~Irish Proverb</font></center>

Well, there it is! ;-)

~History23~

~ Barbara Kingsolver

new

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm
Thanks!

Gopherchess4

FROM, Gopherchess4

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB BOARD, THE ALLIE FINKLE BOARD, AND THE 39 CLUES BOARD BACK.

.Gopherchess4..
If you are what you eat,

new

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am
Here's another one!! :D

~Username here~
"I love your hair!"
"Thanks, I grew it myself."

It's just a really quick one because I need to go soon.
Here's the code:

<center><font face="Forte" size="4" color="adffdf">~Username here~</font><br>
<b><font face="Arial" size="2" color="4b0082">"I love your hair!"</font></b><br>
<font face="Monotype Corsiva" size="3" color="800080">"Thanks, I grew it myself."</font>

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 pm
Cool, bubblybookworm12! Thanks!

new

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:11 pm
Just a quick one...

~Username~

You know how cool a i am so please

FRIEND ME!!

<center><font size="3"><font face=mistral><font color=006600>~Username~</font></font><p><font face="Forte"><font color=FF0000>You know how cool a i am so please</font></font><p><font color=FF00FF>FRIEND ME!!</font></center></font>

new

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 pm
~ReadingBookworm23~
"I love your hair!"

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 pm
Welcome to the Stack Back Board, readingbookworm23! :D

I hope you're enjoying it here so far!

As a new member, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

Have fun talking about THE STACKS and making new friends! :)

-Moderator Jennifer

new

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm
Thank you Gopher!

~ChickenTummy12~

FRIEND ME!!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:37 pm
Welcome to the Stack Back Board, chickentummy12! :)

It’s great to have you with us!

As a new member, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

Enjoy talking about THE STACKS and making new friends! :D

-Moderator Jennifer

new

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm
@Chickentummy:Your welcome!

~Gopherchess4~

FRIEND ME!!

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:39 pm
Cool, guys! Thanks for the siggies!

~History23~

You know how cool i am so please

FRIEND ME!!

~History23~
"I love your hair!"

new

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:12 pm
~EmeraldPuppy82~

FRIEND ME!!

~EmeraldPuppy82~
"I love your hair!"
EmeraldPuppy82

Life is like a cup of tea;
It's all in how YOU make it.

~Irish Proverb