Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 33 posts ] Average score:  
 read this and tell me what you think

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:00 pm

2/8/08

I have a friend who believes that woman should not become president or any other leader for our country. She believes that woman would let there emotions interfere and it would cause trouble. Although lets look back on the woman’s rights, and suffrage era. They fought many things. They stood up for what they believe in they fought to get where they are today. Did men do that? No. Men got everything handed to them.

On March of 1913, Alice Paul created a woman suffrage parade, because of the lack of  police protection caused an attack on them with no protection. There were not enough police to fight for them, so they had to do it themselves. Tell me, did we let  our emotions get in the way then? Yes, we did. That is what got us where we are today. Many woman,  because of their emotions, are strong willed to fight for what they believe in, and they will push anything in there path.

In 1917, Alice Paul organized 24 hr picketing the white house, for protesting woman’s suffrage outside of the white house, they were arrested. Tell me, is there anything wrong with demonstrating to people what they believe is right? No, there isn’t. They weren’t hurting anybody. Did they give up then? No, they didn’t. They went to the jail. They did a hunger strike, and it doesn’t stop there with the cruelty. They were force-fed many times, causing vomiting, sore throats, and discomfort. They still didn’t give up. They let “their emotions get in the way”.

January 1918 the Susan B. Anthony amendment was passed by the congress. June1919 it was passed by the senate. Leaving us where we are today. Tell me now, are women, like us, weak because they let there emotions get in the way? Or does it make us that much stronger? Look back today, where your at. Would your emotions get in the way if the men got paid more then you, where you work? Would you be insulted if you were told that you couldn’t work somewhere because you were a women? Now tell me again, does this make us stronger or weaker to fight for what we believe in?

If a women became president today, and emotions interfered with what she did, it would only make her stronger and smarter in her decisions. Not stronger or smarter then a man, but just as equal. Look how far women’s leadership has gotten us women today.

Re: read this and tell me what you think

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:58 pm
that is unfair
:smileyindifferent:

regular_contributor

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm
PRETTY GOOD! (For those of you who can't read Wingdings, that's  'It's pretty good!)

regular_contributor

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 pm
I totally agree...I love how you twisted your friends words...I do that in my poems...you confused your homophones...when it's someone's possession it's your if not it's you're (it's really you are...that's how I remember)...then is a time one...than is a comparison...wow! I sound like my teacher...well...it's really good!

regular_visitor

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:03 pm
:smileyhappy:

Thu May 15, 2008 5:39 pm
Outstanding points! Being one who has always been into that whole era, I think you hit the nail on the head. Very wonderful accomplishment for your writing portfolio, eh? ;)

~TOWNY
"For diamonds only seem like broken glass to me."

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:33 am
I really like it. Also I like the way you used your friend's words, to prove your own.
It was really great.
Keep on writing!!!
-Dess
aka...dessolation

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm
That was a wonderful report young lady! I rate it a 9 out of 10! Keep on writing young author!

~Sophia
                                                          Professional Reporter and Writer

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 07-29-2008 10:41 AM

visitor

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:06 pm
YOU GO GIRL! I think it is very good but I think you should do it as a speech, not as a report. There were some grammar that wasn't right but it really opens my mind ( and eyes!!) lol! :) Here is a tip: KEEP ON WRITING GIRL!!

frequent_vsitor

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:48 pm
wow that is very good and influential. i agree with alpen...it would be better as a speech and that way, you can really express your feelings with more than just ink and paper.

contributor

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Women should be allowed to hold offices of importance! I liked the views you expressed a lot, you have some really good points!

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 am
Wow... That's all I can say, wow....I LOVE IT! I also believe that women should have their rights too, as well as men.

regular_visitor

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:51 pm
really liked that. It was a great report. But it would be an even better speach. KEEP ON WRITINGhappy smiley

_collegegirlat?_ wrote:

2/8/08

I have a friend who believes that woman should not become president or any other leader for our country. She believes that woman would let there emotions interfere and it would cause trouble. Although lets look back on the woman’s rights, and suffrage era. They fought many things. They stood up for what they believe in they fought to get where they are today. Did men do that? No. Men got everything handed to them.

On March of 1913, Alice Paul created a woman suffrage parade, because of the lack of  police protection caused an attack on them with no protection. There were not enough police to fight for them, so they had to do it themselves. Tell me, did we let  our emotions get in the way then? Yes, we did. That is what got us where we are today. Many woman,  because of their emotions, are strong willed to fight for what they believe in, and they will push anything in there path.

In 1917, Alice Paul organized 24 hr picketing the white house, for protesting woman’s suffrage outside of the white house, they were arrested. Tell me, is there anything wrong with demonstrating to people what they believe is right? No, there isn’t. They weren’t hurting anybody. Did they give up then? No, they didn’t. They went to the jail. They did a hunger strike, and it doesn’t stop there with the cruelty. They were force-fed many times, causing vomiting, sore throats, and discomfort. They still didn’t give up. They let “their emotions get in the way”.

January 1918 the Susan B. Anthony amendment was passed by the congress. June1919 it was passed by the senate. Leaving us where we are today. Tell me now, are women, like us, weak because they let there emotions get in the way? Or does it make us that much stronger? Look back today, where your at. Would your emotions get in the way if the men got paid more then you, where you work? Would you be insulted if you were told that you couldn’t work somewhere because you were a women? Now tell me again, does this make us stronger or weaker to fight for what we believe in?

If a women became president today, and emotions interfered with what she did, it would only make her stronger and smarter in her decisions. Not stronger or smarter then a man, but just as equal. Look how far women’s leadership has gotten us women today.

new

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Great Article! Happy Woman's History Month!!!!!!!!

regular_visitor

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:42 am

I really liked it. You made me 100% believe your point with all your evidence, and I totally agree

new

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:51 am

GO GIRL

visitor

Thu May 03, 2012 1:43 pm
hey, this is great !!

new

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 am
its really good.

new

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm
I totally agree! Your friend should be ashamed of himself! You made some excellent points, but I would use this piece as a speech, not as a report.Other than some simple grammar mistakes, this report is perfect! You are an excellent writer! You go girl! -ICECREAMWHITE7

new

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm
Cool

new

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:02 am
Omg! Girls should be treated equally! I mean seriously! Us girls work just has hard as boys!

new

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm
Wow girl, i read this and you proved a piont. R we still fighting for equal rights? I think girls are just as great as boys if not better!

new

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm
That was such a good report with reasearch and a stong point of veiw.

new

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:21 am
What a great point! It's not something I think about often, it just seems to me like it is routine for the president to be male. Women are great leaders, and are amazing leaders in government. Think about it, though. In the state of New Hampshire this year, all of our representatives are women. Our government has made such a change in our political figures. Thanks for writing about this topic! -Abby I s u p p o r t the ★★★BE NICE MOVEMENT!★★★ C o p y and p a s t e this to your s i g n o f f to show your s u p p o r t. I love animals reading writing ice skating and skiing! My motto: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

new

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 pm
It's unfair. Everyone has equal rights to share in the world. We can do anything in the world as long as it does not hurt anybody. This is a great point. Women are great leaders and they deserve to be treated the same. Emotions that interfere does not really matter. All of us have rights to make our dreams come true because we are living freedom. I disagree with the idea of women not becoming president.

new

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm
Very good!!!! I loved your writing. That is really UNFAIR now that you pointed that out. My friends and I have a newspaper we made up. Our school doesn't have a newspaper, so we made our own. You were very persuasive. Good job. ~decipheringautumn13 PS friend me??? anyone??? and do any of you do gymnastics???

new

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 pm
Really good!

new

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Finally! I love this! Great argument!

so true!
new

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 pm

I totally believe that a woman will one day become president and that they will be awesome!yes

new

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Nice entry! I LOVED it!

- Passion

new

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:22 am

Yes! Thank you finally!

I mean,we're not toys! We have good ideas!!! 

These are great points!

This whole guys are manly and such (no offense guys (;) is whacked.

I mean,we are just as equal as they are! I have a freind whose a GIRL who once dented a bus! I have a freind whose a GIRL who wants to be a scientist!

Yeesh! Get it through your head ppl!

Not you ppls. The invis ppl that Im talking to!

new

Thu May 28, 2015 7:59 pm

That is so beautiful!!!!!!

new

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 pm

i love this essay, but it was so sad where they were force fed though. and its also true that boys are better treated than girls. sometimes. who has at least one class where the girls are all almost perfectly good and then all of a sudden a boy that sits in the back of the class has to ruin it? i hate it when that happens. the 1 one thing that girls in my class get in trouble for is chatting. especially me cus i like to talk but who doesnt?but the boys in my class they get to ruin stuff like going to the kindergardeners play for everyone because they were throwing a footbal around during math. how awful.

[ 33 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team