General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 RECENT news for the HP fandom!
frequent_contributor

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm

it's really shocking as an HP fan who has sat around for years after the last movie came out waiting for more HP related things to happen to have things finally start happening!

first of all, EDDIE REDMAYNE a.k.a. my favorite actor in existence, Oscar winner for best actor, and lovingly nicknamed "lizard prince" has been cast as Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie.

This is actually old news, but nobody seems to have mentioned it on here that I can see. A few other people have been confirmed for different roles as well.

• Katherine Waterson as "Porpentia" (Newt's future wife)
  • Dan Folger as "Jacob" (An American muggle)
  • Alison Sudol as "Queenie" (Newt's sister-in-law)

plus a USA/UK release day has been set for the movie at November 18th, 2016!

also, J.K. Rowling announced that there will be a stage play called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child premiering on West End at the end of the summer of 2016! some things to know about it:

• It's NOT a prequel to the books, but it does follow an untold story of Harry's life
  • The script is not written by J.K. Rowling, but the story was co-written with her. 
  • It is apart of the HP canon
  • It's going to be a play, not a musical, but there will be music by artist Imogen Heap in the play

random things I have to mention:

• Happy belated 35th birthday to Harry Potter, and 50th birthday to J.K. Rowling!
  • J.K. tweeted that Luna's birthday is on February 13th 

OK, well that's all I've noticed in recent news, but I don't keep up with things very well. I'm just really excited for the jump in HP related things in the next few years!

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~Greenback Boogie~

(ima robot)

Re: RECENT news for the HP fandom!
regular_contributor

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:14 pm

I KNOW RIGHT???? I'm so pumped up for this movie *cries a river* And happy! And I'm kinda hoping there'll be cameos/appearences of younger versions of charas we already know (like Dumbledore, McGonagall etc). I mean how awesome would that be now (though I guess a Dumbledore appearance is to be expected? At least? I mean there should defs be shout-outs to the movie and book canons soooooooooo i'm keeping fingers crossed. Not that it'll be a big disappointment if i'm wrong, ofc, but stiiill)

OOoooooooooooooooooh I'm not familiar with the cast much but I'm happy your favorite actor is starring! BUT it turns out Alison Sudol is actually A Fine Frenzy ok ok I'm going to watch this. (Also: perhaps they could pull a Dreamworks-in-Home and solve all their soundtrack problems using her discography! ;s (and oh look i used your sarcasm invention haha)

Yeah happy belated birthday to those two!!! Me and my friend actually celebrated a bit on the 31st so I don't feel guilty :D

BUT. Luna's birthday. I didn't know that. February 13th. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???????? Aside from the Valentines thing, IT'S MY STACKS BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Aka I joined on that date... like so long ago 0_o We're some sort of twins I knew it I'm connected to a least ONE Potter character in some small, indirect way yay yay yay.

ANYWAY! That was a very good post, thanks for making it! I'm sorry if I kinda ruined it with my fangirling lol.

new

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:52 pm

I cant WAIT for FAntastic beasts to come out! it's coming out nov. 18, 2016.  also did you know that the sixth harry potter book was published the year i was born

frequent_contributor

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm so excited for the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts! I'm so mad that CC is in London.. who knows how long it will take to come to America! Maybe they'll post it online or something, we can only hope!

:]

-kreacher

new

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:52 pm

I know, I'm so excited for them both!! I'm not actually familiar with most of the Fantastic Beasts cast, but for some reason, Eddie Redmayne sounds familiar? Wait, was he in Les Mis? As Marius? WAS HE? (Haha, I could so easily google this myself and find out instead of asking...and he was!!) Okay, yay, that's exciting! :grin:

Also, ahh, Cursed Child I'm also super super excited for that, but meep, I wish we knew when it would come to the U.S, too! Mostly I'm just excited Harry Potter related things are happening again! :grin:

Oh, and happy very (very) belated birthday to them both!

~Songbird49

regular_contributor

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:15 pm

GUYS I JUST READ FANTASTIC BEASTS IS GOING TO BE A MOVIE TRILOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regular_contributor

Thu May 26, 2016 12:34 am

@Hippolyte: That's awesome. I wonder who's going to be in the other movies.

new

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:23 pm

I already knew Luna's birthday, and I'm excited for the Cursed Child!

new

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:42 am

I have.........absolutely no idea what's going on.

-Dragoncrown485

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team