Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 23 posts ] Average score:  

What are my ratings for HTML and general story? (pick one option for each category)
HTML: 1 star 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
HTML: 2 stars 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
HTML: 3 stars 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
HTML: 4 stars 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
HTML: 5 stars 37%  37%  [ 14 ]
STORY: 1 star 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
STORY: 2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
STORY: 3 stars 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
STORY: 4 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
STORY: 5 stars 42%  42%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 38
 Red Meets Green, Year One: a fanfic by Agentthor12! :D
new

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:15 am

Red Meets Green

Year One

**1**

“Rose!” Victoire yelled, shaking me awake. “Get up!”
I groaned, opening my eyes half-way, and saw my 17-year old sister, Victoire, leaning over my bed. Her long, curly orange hair was done in a long braid down her back, and she was wearing long scarlet and gold robes.
“Go away, Vicky,” I mumbled, closing my eyes again.
“If you say so,” Victoire sighed. “I really don’t care if you miss the train to Hogwarts on your first day. It’s just one more year I won’t have to put up with you.”
“I’m up!” I said immediately, leaping out of bed. I looked up at Victoire and saw she was wearing a satisfied smirk.
“Reverse psychology,” she said rather obnoxiously. I rolled my eyes and pulled on the black Hogwarts robes I had gotten from Diagon Alley.
“Do you think I’ll be a Gryffindor like Mum and Dad?” I asked Victoire.
“As if!” she laughed. “You’ll probably be a snotty little Slytherin brat.”
I glared darkly at her and headed over to the trunk I had packed the previous day to check that it had everything in it. To be honest, I was really scared I would be sorted into Slytherin. Over the summer, my dad had described Slytherin’s attributes to me, and Mum had said that when you take away the “evil horrid obnoxious prat” bit, the description fit me perfectly. She may just have said that because she was really annoyed at me right then for breaking something, and she had apologized the next day, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there was a very strong chance I would soon be wearing green and silver robes.
After I finished checking my trunk, I grabbed my suitcase, wand, and ornate owl cage containing my Northern Hawk Owl, Ereth, and ran downstairs. Victoire had already come downstairs while I was checking my trunk, and was now eating breakfast.
“Good morning, Rose,” Mum greeted me. “We’re leaving in about ten minutes. Do you have everything?”
“Yes, Mum,” I said, indicating my packed trunk.
“What about your wand?” My 10-year-old little brother, Hugo, asked, coming down the stairs.
“Right here,” I said, reaching into my robe pocket and bringing out a long, thin wand. “Oak tree wood, dragon heartstring core, fourteen inches, bendy and flexible.”
“You memorized all that?” Victoire asked. “I bet Dad can’t even remember his wand’s core, and he’s had it for forever!"
“I do too remember it!” Dad said. “It’s unicorn hair.”
“What else can you remember about your wand, Dad?” I asked.
Dad hesitated, obviously having not been expecting me to ask him that. “Um… actually, I…well, it’s… there’s a…” Dad stammered.
“Case closed,” I said. Dad looked slightly annoyed, but said nothing more on the topic, evidently still trying to remember anything about his wand.
“Do you want any breakfast, Rose?” Mum asked.
“No thank you,” I said. “Vicky told me there’s food on the Hogwarts Express.”
“Which I will not eat,” Victoire said snobbishly. “That food is unhealthy junk that doesn’t even taste all that good.”
“Yes, it does!” Dad said. “Unless, of course, you eat the wrong flavor of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans… then, not so much. But otherwise, it’s plenty good.”
“Yeah, Vicky, you’re so conceited and appearance-obsessed that to you anything that isn’t salad or health food is automatically awful.” I said.
“I am not conceited or appearance-obsessed!” Victoire growled.
“Yes, you are,” I said. “Of course, you’re obviously not all that obsessed with your hair’s appearance, considering how horrible it looks…”
“Be quiet, you despicable, evil, horrid little —” Victoire yelled, flaring up immediately.
“Girls!” Mum yelled. “Stop screaming. It’s time to go anyway.”
Victoire gave me a death glare that made her fine features look a little intimidating. Victoire’s hair actually looks very nice, but messing with her is just so fun that it’s hard not to. She’s, like, super touchy about her looks, though, because like I said, she is conceited & obsessed with her appearance.
We were half-way to the car when Dad said, “Oh, and by the way, I’m driving.”
We all stopped, causing Dad to look a little offended.
“Are you… are y-you sure that’s safe?” Hugo stammered, obviously scared for his life. “I mean… n-no, offense, Dad, but you’re kind of a bad driver.”
“I’m not that bad of a driver!” Dad said, obviously hurt.
“Dad,” I said. “You crashed into a house.”
“That was a long time ago,” Dad waved.
“Yes, and we have never gotten in the car while you are driving since,” I said, taking a step back. “And I don’t intend to start now.”
“This time I’ve put some protecting charms on it so that nobody gets seriously injured,” Dad said. “Plus, how are we ever going to get to King’s Cross if we never even get in the car?”
I sighed and hesitantly got in the car.
“Just in case, though, you might want to grab on to something,” I told Hugo and Victoire once we were in the car, and they did so without hesitation.
Okay, let me tell you something. Just because Dad put protective charms on the car to stop us from getting seriously injured, it does not necessarily mean that we were not seriously shaken up. We were shaken and bounced around by that car the entire ride there. Yet, somehow, even through all that, Victoire used her obsessive know-it-all-ness she had inherited from Mum to identify and recite all the charms Dad was using as he drove.
When we finally got there, Hugo immediately jumped out of the car, ran to the nearest garbage can, and threw up.
“You alright?” I asked him.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m cool,” he replied woozily, slightly pale in the face. “Just a little dizzy, that’s all, I’m fine, fine.”
Mum looked at Dad accusingly.
“What?” Dad said defensively. “That’s not my fault!”
“Dad, it’s a miracle the rest of us didn’t puke,” I said. “I now renew my vow never to get in the car while you’re driving again.”
“Okay, okay, you win,” Dad said. “I’m a horrid driver. Can we go now?”
I looked around to take it in. After eleven years of waiting, I was finally at King’s Cross.

Okay, so how’d I do? I’d say I did pretty decently, albeit that last sentence was lame.
@anybody who saw my Rose/Scorpius shipping announcement, this is that fanfic I was talking about. I’m not even sure this will have Rosius in it, though… idk, I guess we’ll have to wait and see. BTW, I wish I knew how to indent. Can someone please help me out with that? (This chapter is super-long and I apologize for that inconvenience.
80 YEAR-OLD GUY WHO STARTED READING THIS WHEN HE WAS 8: You can say that again.) ☆

Re: Red Meets Green, Year One: a fanfic by Agentthor12! :D
new

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:14 am
Love it! five stars! write MOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEE

new

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 am

**2**

“Rose, be sure to remember that if you’re in Slytherin, we’re disowning you.” Dad warned me as we made our way to platform 9 ¾.
“Ronald, I told you to stop telling her that,” Mum said. “You told Victoire that, too, and she was more worried than she had ever been in her life.”
“I only told her that because I knew she would be a Gryffindor, the same way I knew that James would be a Gryffindor, and I know that Rose will be a Gryffindor,” Dad said. “Because good people are in Gryffindor, and bad people are in Slytherin.”
“Oh, look, the barrier!” Hugo shouted loudly, pointing in front of him. Several alarmed Muggle heads turned in our direction.
“Nothing,” Dad said, laughing nervously. Most of the Muggles went back to minding their own business.
“Hugo,” Mum sighed gently when all of the Muggles had stopped staring at us. “Please don’t say wizarding things out loud where there are Muggles around, alright?”
“Sorry,” Hugo said. “I saw the barrier, though!”
I looked where Hugo was pointing. Sure enough, there was the seemingly solid space between platforms 9 and 10.
“Can’t I go first, Mum?” I pleaded. Going through the barrier was probably my favorite part of King’s Cross.
“No, I wanna go first!” Victoire whined. “I have somewhere with my friends I need to be right now!”
“Rose should go first,” Mum said. “It’s her first year.”
Victoire sighed. “Okay,” she said. “Rose can go first.”
“Thank you,” I said. I started to run through the barrier. Just then, however, I heard Victoire’s triumphant cry as she sped past me into the brick wall.
Hey!” I said. “No fair!”
“We didn’t even get to say good-by to her!” Mum complained.
“We ought to send her a Howler when she gets to school!” Dad growled.
I rolled my eyes in annoyance. How had I not seen that coming? “Can I go now?” I asked impatiently.
“Sure, Rosie,” Mum said.
I ran through the barrier at top speed. This was my favorite part! When I opened my eyes, I was in King’s Cross. The large scarlet train in the middle of it was giving off a thick mist. Victoire had always said that the reason she loved the barrier so much was that “when you get to the other side, you can go from the mundane Muggle world into platform 9 ¾, where you enter the spectacular magical wizarding world!” Ugh. I mean, wow, seriously, she sounds like one of those cheesy commercial advertisers you see on TV. Ew. How on earth does that girl maintain such high popularity at Hogwarts? I do slightly agree with that, though, when you take away the lame poetry part. However, that’s not the main reason I love it. The main reason is that I think it’s cool that you can run into a brick wall and not knock yourself out. Call me crazy, but that’s not something that normally happens at my house.
I looked around for Victoire and didn’t see her. She must have gone over to that place with her friends she was talking about. Probably Apparated. Mum and Dad came through the barrier behind me, but they didn’t have Hugo with them.
“I hate this part,” I heard him whimper from behind the barrier.
“Hugo, the Potter’s are waiting for us!” I sighed impatiently. “Hurry up!”
“What if I get hurt?” Hugo whined.
“Hugo, if you don’t get through that barrier right now, you’re going to get hurt,” I said.
“What—” Hugo started to ask, but stopped himself as he realized what I was saying. He immediately jumped through the barrier.
“You’re supposed to give me a while!” Hugo whined. “You know, to like pull myself together or something!”
“Well, before the only person who was waiting on you was Vicky, but now I’m waiting on you, which makes it totally different,” I told him.
He rolled his eyes and sighed.
“Where are the Potters?” Dad asked, looking around. “They said they – oh, there they are!” Dad was pointing to a spot in the distance where I could see the faint outline of Albus, Lily, Aunt Ginny, and Uncle Harry. I heard Aunt Ginny say something I couldn’t quite hear, and they walked up to us.
“Hi,” Albus said.
I grinned at him. Of all my cousins (and believe me, I have a lot of cousins), Albus was definitely my favorite. He looks a lot like Uncle Harry. And I mean a lot. Same hair, same eyes, same glasses. The only real difference was that Uncle Harry has this real cool lightning scar on his forehead and Albus doesn’t. I read in a book (The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts: Updated Edition) that he had gotten that scar from Voldemort himself. (Yes, I said the name. Who cares?)
“Parked all right then?” Dad asked Uncle Harry. “I did.”
“That was just about the only part of the trip here Dad got right,” I whispered quietly to Albus, who grinned widely.
“Hermione didn’t believe I could pass a Muggle driving test, did you?” Dad continued. “She thought I’d have to Confund the examiner.”
“No, I didn’t,” Mum said. “I had complete faith in you.”
“You shouldn’t have, though,” I reminded her. She ignored me.
Dad whispered something to Uncle Harry that neither Mum nor I could hear as they hauled Albus’ luggage and Boreal Owl, Tengy, onto the train.
We found Hugo and Lily back on the platform having a spirited discussion about what House they would be sorted into when they went to Hogwarts.
“If you’re not in Gryffindor, we’ll disinherit you, but no pressure.” Dad chimed in.
Hugo and Lily laughed, but I really didn’t find that remark funny. You could tell from the troubled expression on Albus’ face that he didn’t either.
“He doesn’t mean it,” Aunt Ginny and Mum said in unison. I was pretty sure he wasn’t joking, but Dad was no longer paying attention enough to confirm this. He was looking at a place quite a ways from where we were standing. There were three figures where he had indicated. There was a young woman with glossy blond hair & lots of heavy makeup standing there, wearing ruby-red robes. There was also a rather pale man with sleek pale-blonde hair and a boy my age that looked exactly like him. I sighed. Malfoys. Whenever the subject of Malfoys is brought up, Dad usually goes into a long rant about the very specific ways that Malfoys are gits. (Mum usually covers Hugo’s ears during these outbursts, because Dad uses some rather, uh… colorful language, so to speak). The father among the three saw my parents, Aunt Ginny, and Uncle Harry all staring at him, nodded briefly, and turned in the other direction.
“So that’s little Scorpius,” Dad muttered, turning to me, and I assumed he was talking about the kid. “Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother’s brains.”
“Ron, for heaven’s sake,” Mum commanded strictly, yet smiling at the same time, which I didn’t even know was possible to do. “Don’t try to turn them against each other before they’ve even started school!”
“You’re right, sorry,” Dad said. He hesitated before adding, “Don’t get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pureblood.”
I felt my cheeks turn bright scarlet. I didn’t even know that kid yet!
“Hey!” a voice shouted. I turned around to see James appear out of the mist. He looked as though he had just run a long way, and he obviously desperately needed to tell us something.
“Teddy’s back there, just seen him!” he gasped, pointing to the place he had run over here from. “And guess what he’s doing? Snogging Victoire!
I grinned. This was something I had known since I was eight. During the summer of Victoire’s 5th year, I had been looking through Victoire's things even though she told me not to, and I had found a whole stack of Teddy’s love letters to Victoire, all of them signed, “Love from Theodore.” This was quite a surprise, since Teddy was the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and pretty much the least likely guy to write love letters, let alone sign them “Love from Theodore.
Mum, Dad, and Hugo didn’t look too shocked to hear James’ news either, because immediately after I found those letters I had run through the house, waving the letters in the air, screaming, “Vicky loves Teddy! Mum! Dad! Teddy wrote Vicky love letters! Look at them!” Victoire and I had quite a row after that, and she told me that if I told James she would destroy me, but all-in-all, it was worth it.
Our Teddy! Teddy Lupin!” James continued, brushing his shoulder-length blond hair out of his face. “Snogging our Victoire! Our cousin! And I asked Teddy what he was doing—”
“You interrupted them?” Aunt Ginny asked. “You are so like Ron —”
“— and he said he’d come to see her off! And then he told me to go away. He’s snogging her!” James repeated for about the 10th time, not even asking why my dad would walk up to somebody and ask them why the heck they were snogging somebody like James just had. I assumed that Aunt Ginny must have been joking.
Dad took this moment that Mum was paying attention to James to covertly whisper something in my ear. “Actually, I don’t want you talking to that Malfoy kid at all,” he muttered. “You either completely ignore him or become his worst nightmare, alright?”
“I —” I started, unsure whether to say yes or no. Before I could finish, however, Uncle Harry interrupted me, checking his golden watch.
“It’s nearly eleven, you’d better get on board.”
“Don’t forget to give Neville our love!” Aunt Ginny reminded James, wrapping him in a tight bear hug that James quickly struggled to get away from.
“Bye, Rose,” Mum said with a kiss as James whined about the weirdness of giving a Herbology professor “love”.
“Bye, Mum, bye Dad,” I said, hugging them both. “You too, Hugo.”
“Rose, remember,” Dad said. “We’ll send you a Howler if you’re in Slytherin.”
“Ronald!” Mum scolded. “Don’t worry, Rosie, dear, we won’t actually send you a Howler.”
“I guess we won’t,” Dad sighed. “As long as you’re not a Slytherin, that is.”
“Ronald, stop telling her that!” Mum demanded. “Rosie, even if you are a Slytherin, that will be perfectly fine with us,”
“Okay, okay,” Dad said. “Anyway, Rose, when you get to Hogwarts, no dueling, no fighting, no detention, no misbehaving, no going through the ghosts, no going through trick stairs, and no ignoring our letters.”
“Say hi to Hagrid for us, get good grades, respect the professors, yell at Victoire for us when you see her, and remember that we love you.” Mum added.
“Okay, okay,” I said. “Bye!”
Mum, Dad, and Hugo all waved as I got on the train to Hogwarts. Aunt Ginny waved too, but I could tell she was just trying to cover up what Uncle Harry and Albus were saying. I shrugged and waited for Albus to come on to the train. After I’d waited for a minute, Albus jumped on to the train. I looked around and noticed that everybody on the train was looking over at Uncle Harry.
“Why are they all staring?” Albus asked, as we both looked around at the many shocked faces leaning over the train.
“Don’t let it worry you, it’s me.” Dad grinned. “I’m extremely famous.” We all laughed. Mainly because we all knew my dad wasn’t the famous one here.
The train began it’s slow advancement, picking up speed. Kids all along the train were waving to their mums and dads. Mum and Dad were still waving as the train rounded a corner and the two disappeared from sight.

new

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:30 am
PLEASE WRITE MORE! I really like it! 5 STARS!!! It's so great! Please, please, please write more!!! ~catgymnastics173, who does not have a siggy.

new

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:08 pm
That is awesome!

regular_contributor

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 pm
it's interesting, though, logically, I'd picture Rose in Gryffindor. If I am correct, she is a Weasley. Also, for Al, in his case, the Sorting Hat takes choice into account. So, yeah. He might need Harry's consulting. Not Rose. If anything, this girl is a Gryffindor.

regular_contributor

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:11 am
Yeeeeeees! I'm so glad I got around reading it at last (sorry bcz I don't really have much time nowadays, as the world probably has guessed) buuuuuut I loooooooooooooove it!

And you know this thing about people being easily bored with long chapters? Well I'm not. GIVE THEM TO ME. LONG CHAPTERS. LET'S CELEBRATE LONG CHAPTERS/ACTUALLY DEDICATING TIME INTO WHAT YOU'RE WRITING.

Rose. Rose is amazing. Victoire being her elder sister = I approve. Actually, I really like how you show that family, and all the relationships between them and HUGO <3 Yes. I don't know if this is still going on, but if it has stopped, it was still two good chapters anyways. :D Also, Rosius is a bit of a NOTP for me BUT IF YOU CONTINUED IT I'D STILL READ IT YES. :D Because it's so good

new

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:45 pm
@technologygirl: Well, the whole point of this story is kinda to overcome prejudice like what you just said, because that was kinda prejudiced and biased. Does she come off as too much of a Gryffindor, though? I mean, heritage and blood aside, does she seem like a Gryffindor? That really worries me, because I'll just say it-- she's not gonna be a Gryffindor.

@hippolyte: OMG your reading YES! And yeah, this is totally still going on, I just haven't gotten around to posting for a while. Also, my laptop has this thing now where everytime I type in a letter on the STACKS reply box a little "ERROR" thing appears, so it's been hard for me to write. (right now I'm using my dad's computer)

new

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:33 pm
That was fabulous! I can't wait to see you write more!

DancingPixie46

"Some People Are Worth Melting For."

- Olaf from Frozen -

regular_contributor

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 pm
@agentthor: what I meant was, since Al was nervous about the sorting thing, since Harry knows what it's like to be in that position, Al can learn from Harry, whereas Ron and Hermione were automatically placed in Gryffindor, but I guess what you said makes more sense. I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to. I'm fine with Rose being a Slytherin, but I don't want her to worry about getting disinherited. Oh, and, Victorie is supposed to be Rose's cousin. Not sister.

new

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 pm
@technologygirl:

Don't worry, it's fine. I wasn't offended, I was just worried about whether I was portraying the character accurately. Oh BTW, James had said Victoire was HIS cousin, and, as he and Rose are cousins, it is very possible that Victoire and Rose are sisters.

regular_contributor

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:55 pm
@agentthor: Victorie is, in canon, Bill Weasley's daughter, which means that Rose is her cousin, not sister.

regular_contributor

Wed May 14, 2014 4:34 pm
I discovered the poll and both story and HTML get a 5 from me but UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE UPDAAAAAAAAAATE EVEN I'VE UPDATED AND PLUS I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COME AT YOU AND NAG YOU TO UPDATE YOU'VE DONE THE SAME TO ME AND PLUS WITH NO CONSTRUCTIVE/ENCOURAGING COMMENTS WHATSOEVER WHAAAAAAAA?
Also I really don't mind Victoire being a Romione child, actually, I really love how you show the family scenes and Vic and Rose's relationship! (Though I've already said that)
And don't worry, Rose doesn't seem much of a Gryffindor to me... and I've always liked Slytherin Rose... though I'd rather, if this is a Rosius story to have the romance reserved for later years, but I'm not complaining at all :D You've brought an amazing story to life so far and you should continue! (Though it's finals time now so I don't blame you)

new

Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 am

Great job! Please write more!!! :-) I really think this is gonna turn out to be a great story. I wonder how Ron will act when Rose gets into Slytherin (as I have a feeling she will ;-)) . Please continue this story!

Brainyelf38

new

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 pm

i think it is cool.

new

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:40 am

5 stars definetly! This is a great and well-written story.Please continue the story! I WANT MORE! Though something about the title tells me she's gonna be in Slytherin. ;)

new

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 pm

good book 

new

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:30 pm

This is is terrific, exept for one thing: Victoire is Bill and Fleur's daughter.

new

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:11 am

This is spectacular! Please continue.

Also, RosexScorpius is usually called Scorrose. Just saying. yes

new

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:08 pm

OMG. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and a girl who is an obsessed writer. You are amazing, Ivoed 5 stars. I have only one concrn though, Victoire is Bill and Fler's daughter, not Ron and Hermione's.

new

Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:57 am

Hmmm... I might actually continue this. I mean, it's not totally beyind recovery, even though I did write it when I was eleven (some of my writing skills were better at 11 than they are now at 13, haha). Anyway, I might start posting further chapters later, because over the past two years I've been thinking about this fic a lot but never got to writing any more of it.

(Also, been gone a while, sorry... and by 'a while' I mean two years. I'm more mature now, so hopefully I'll be less annoying. Some of my old posts really make me cringe.)

regular_contributor

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:02 pm

@agentthor12: OMG you're back! *hugs* I'll read this if you'll continue it! :D And haha yeah don't worry, I've abandoned my own fanfic for almost two years too lol :P

And don't worry, you weren't annoying! Yet again that was 2 years ago so we're all more mature now *opens bag of memories and unleashes the dusts of the past into the wind* see, it's gone! 

Anyway glad to see you back!

new

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:40 am

Wow, you're an AMAZING writer! I'd definitely read more if you continued it! :D

[ 23 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team