Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
new

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:37 pm
Think about it, if you recycle say the newspaper, that newspaper might become something else, like a lot of pages in a notebook. Recycle- the prefix 're-' means to do again and cycle means a repeated sequence of events. When we recycle something, it becomes something new- the cycle of it being made happens again and repeats. When we recycle that object, it'll become something different- or possibly become the same object again- and the cycle of it being made, recycled, and then being made into something new begins. This may sound confusing, but once you think about it, it's simple!

When you reuse something, that helps the Earth too! Like, when you draw on one side of a piece of paper and don't like it, you probably throw it away and get a new piece. Why not just scribble out the drawing and use the other side for another drawing? Or when one toy breaks, why throw it away? Just try to fix it or combine the broken piece with another toy to make that other toy to look cooler! You'd be reusing that piece of paper and reusing the toy part.

Reducing is to use less of something. Like a shower that lasts 45-minutes is a bit too long! Why waste so much water just for cleaning yourself? Reducing that shower to 5-10 minutes is saving a lot of wasted water!

So please reduce, reuse, recycle daily and help our world become a better place :).

~skyauthor8

Re: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
new

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:22 pm
Reuse, reduce, recycle, and rethink as well. Rethink about buying that juice box- what are you going to do with it as soon as you drink all its juice? Rethink buying that new shirt- did the company that made it use pesticides on the cotton that made that shirt? Rethink your lunch- did that beef in your sandwich come from a factory cow farm in a place that used to be a thriving rainforest? How many freaky chemicals were injected into the cows that made that beef to make the cows fatter? Rethink your house- is your heating system energy efficient? And rethink what you can do to help the enironment as well. And of course, do also reduce, reuse and recycle.

new

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 am
I like what impclaws3 said. I like their idea of rethinking. I think you should rethink eating meat and fish and poultry at all. A) it's not nice to the animals, B), it's the reason why a lot of animals are endangered, and C) It helps with global warming. Don't believe me? Look at this awesome flow chart.

Not eating meatLess demand -->Less in stores -->Stores order less from slaughterhouses -->Slaughterhouses kill less animals -->Less animals bred for meat -->Less animals -->Less methane produced (cows, ect. passing gas) -->LESS GLOBAL WARMING!!!
|
->Less animals die ->
The animals that support endangered animals don't die as much->The population of endangered animals goes up-->More animals that were endangered-->LESS ENDANGERED SPECIES!!!

I hope that helps people understand!!

.・.

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look
at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
Sirius Black
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-

・.・

new

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 pm
Aquacat: the chart helped. Anyone: I hate gw!!!!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team