General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Reference Post
visitor

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:52 am

Hey! If you're writing a short story or novel, you might have a character who is not typical in a way that he/she/they are a master gymnast, or are straddling the lines between genders, or have divorced parents. A lot of us don't know what it's like to be a part of the things our characters are. If there is something unique about you, add to this reference post so writers can hopely find information about these things for their stories. For example...

I am a piano player. I don't like it when others listen to me practice if I'm learning a new part, and sometimes I get tense if what I'm playing confuses me. If there is a piano I'm allowed to play in the room, I try and beat the other piano players to it, or coax them off. I feel stressed about it sometimes, but I love it so much. 

Hopefully this will help you writers! XX Bastcat40

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team