Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 86 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Reminder: What Is & Is Not OK on the Fan Fiction Board
administrator

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:13 pm
Hi Guys! Just a quick reminder that the following aren’t allowed on the board: - Violence of any sort - Kissing - Inappropriate words (for example “jerk”) Thanks for cooperating and let me know if you have any questions! -- Moderator Jessica

Re: Reminder: What Is & Is Not OK on the Fan Fiction Board
new

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm
if you don't like kissing then I suggest you never go to the 39 clues message boards (website)

visitor

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:21 pm
@Stacksadmin- When you say kissing does that mean you cant have it in a story, like saying, "I kissed him lightly on the cheek." or "We shared a passionate kiss."? Because its only a side romance to a love story, or to add to a story. If not then its okay but I have said that quite a lot in my characters POV and a few Romance short stories and it has went threw.

new

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 pm
Hey Jess! I just wanted to ask if boyfriend/Girlfriend things are aloud? I see them alot in roleplays and just wanted to know if they are aloud!

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 am
I haven't seen @livelyfire go into detail about our OC's kissing. I just know what happens. I don't see any details about how the kiss is, so I'm pretty sure it's appropriate to say the word as long as you don't describe it too much, which is what I haven't seen from @livelyfire. Also, how on earth do you make something appropriate but NOT a 10 on the confusing meter? I asked this to Brian but he didn't seem to give me any examples and all. Can you do that? I mean, I want to make my writing's appropriate but I doubt anyone would want to read something that's appropriate but a 10 on the confusing meter, so can you help me out w/ that?

regular_visitor

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 pm
If kissing had occured, could we do something known as a "Time-skip"? It would just take out all of the romance, but nothing would inappropiate would be described. Thanks! ------Chattyaqua

administrator

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm
Great questions, guys, and thanks for tour comments! @chattyacqua39 -- I'm not sure what exactly a "time skip" is. Would you please give me an example? @livelyfire2 -- A kiss on the cheek is ok but passionate kissing isn't. Does this make sense to you & @technologygirl, does this help you understand what is and isn't appropriate? Hugs and holding hands are fine, too. @princessghost1 -- Yes, girlfriends and boyfriends are fine! Let me know if you have any other questions! -- Moderator Jess

frequent_vsitor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 pm
Hiya, Mod Jessica! Just a question about the violence thing, if we're in a RP that may involve fighting, like the Maximum Ride RP I'm in now, or for example any kind of "saving the world RP," is some physical fighting at all okay? I know this sounds a little confusing, so I'll post an example below.
Bobby, Jane and I walked into the room. It was filled with alligators. Bobby took his sword and attempted to fend them off while Jane looked through her bag, trying to find something to defeat the alligators. I kicked a few in the face and almost got my leg chewed off. Finally, Jane found a huge laser gun. She pointed it at the wall and all the alligators suddenly fell over.
So would something like this be okay? Or too violent?
Thanks a bunch!
-Ollie

regular_contributor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm
@Jessica: okay, so I know what's appropriate, but that doesn't totally help the baffling part. I mean, come on. Haven't you seen any stories that were appropriate but confusing? Y'know, as in "what the heck is going on here?" and all that jazz? I'm curious. Do you have any examples for that?

regular_visitor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm
@Stacks_Admin: A "time-skip" is when if the romance turns into inappropriate events (i.e. on this board "Kissing") that the owners of the characters will write "time-skip" and no details on the romance will be described.

administrator

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 am
Hi Guys, Thanks again for your comments/questions. Answers (I hope!) are below: @chattyacqua39: I think that's ok, but I'll have to take a look at each post on a case-by-case basis. Some may not work but we'll see! Great suggestion though, so thanks! @technologygirl: I won't call anyone out on this board but I will say that I've seen pieces that have "broken" the rules of what is okay on this board a few times, which is why I wrote the message. You've just not seen them because I've edited out the parts not suitable for this board. @shybird3: I actually think that's okay but let me double-check with some people, okay? I'm most concerned about person-to-person violence though of course excessive violence against animals or any living thing wouldn't be approved either. Thanks for checking! -- Mod Jessica

frequent_contributor

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 pm
What I find confusing about these rules is the lack of consistency through out the different boards. For example, when you say no violence, or more specifically, person to person violence, it doesn't fit with the Hunger Games board's policies since obviously people write fanfictions and RPs there every day about kids fighting to the death and killing one another. The same thing goes for the HP boards, where it is allowed to post RP's and fanfictions with fantasy violence of dueling and the use of the killing curse on other people. I have written both on those boards and it just seems odd one thing is permitted on one board and another thing on a different one. What is the reasoning for this? I'd like to understand so thanks!

regular_visitor

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am
Okay, it worked out on another site (though the admins were super strict, so practically if you were reported for R-rated romance you were banned.)--------------Chatty

new

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am
OK! I'VE READ THE POST! I TOTALLY AGREED! I READ SOME FICTION STORIES ONLINE BEFORE. I REALLY DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY WROTE. (DATING, KISSING, NAKED, SWEARING, SAYING THE LORDS NAME IN VAIN) THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, LIKE I AM. I'M A CHRISTIAN, AND I NEVER WRITE ANYTHING LIKE THIS. FROM, DREAMTIMEPINK9 P.S. "PLEASE DON'T BANNED ME" FOR LISTING THOSE WORDS. THEY'RE EXAMPLES.

visitor

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm
@Dreampink- I dont think they ban people on here unless it is a continuous habit of sending things that are extremely inappropriate(naked, extreme kissing, cursing, ect.)

@ModJessica- Is saying, "Well I'd be damned for hurting my best friend.", inappropriate? I think not because it is like saying well I would be cursed of I didnt something mean to my best friend. So I dont really think saying damned is a bad word since I since it was excepted through a moderator before. I just wanted to clear it up so I know if its appropriate on these boards or not.

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 pm
@dreamtimepink: I'd have to disagree w/ you on the Christian and romance thing. I am a Christian, but sometimes I have a tendency to say rude stuff, and sometimes when I have too much computer or whatever, that's what happens. Plus, it is okay to have romance between two charries on the Fan Fiction board, you just can't go into too much detail. However, about the bad words thing, I use words that might be rude, but not as bad as the ones I hear on crime shows or see in books. Those words are.... ugh. I mean, REALLY?! Can't we just watch something w/o those words?

new

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:14 pm
WAS SOMETHING THAT I SAID? CAN I SAY "OH-MY-GOSH! & "WHAT-ON-EARTH!"

visitor

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:45 pm
@Technologygirl- Ikr! We dont need to here all pf those words to make a movie or book good! And I certainly hate when I find a really good book until it goes WAYYYY to deep in like rated R romance so then I cant read it anymore. I'm running ou of books in two city libraries because I read like 4 books in a week at the most.

regular_contributor

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:22 am
@livelyfire: that's jank! If I had a book, I would not do that. I mean, come on! Are they crazy?! That's SO dumb! If you write a book, I don't think you'll do that. I know I won't. By the way, if I write a book w/ mystery, action, adventure and romance, am I allowed to use your charries? I think that our charries are an interesting couple. I might include action, adventure, romance, and dystopia, or whatever. Still, I'll use action, adventure and romance, so whatever I do, am I allowed to use your charries? I might use them in my other book I plan on publishing since I want to publish a mystery. It's called Stonebridge Academy and it's about a girl named Sky that lives in the school and has the ability to see the future. She sees this kid get kidnapped and is able to identify him and the car, but she's unable to identify the kidnappers. When she wakes up, it's in the article and Sky gets her friends to help out, though all of them are as good as an average person when it comes to solving mysteries, but they're going to try their best to solve the mystery. Does that sound interesting to you?

new

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:48 am
mod jessica:can you use (in a story or something)"That jerk!he ran pff witht he money!" liek not reffering to another stacker,just in the story.

administrator

Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm
Hi Brainyathena30--I would prefer that the word "jerk" not be used. Thanks for checking!

Hi Twinktoes87--Thanks for your comment. You bring up a good point. It's sort of like the difference between PG and PG-13 movies. Violence can exist in both types of movies but in PG-13 movies it's often a little more graphic. So it's about how you guys portray violence if that makes sense. If not, let me know!

Thanks, Moderator Jessica

visitor

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 pm
@Technologygirl- Sure!!!

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:35 pm
Ok, thanks, I understand now :)

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~GreenbacBoogie~

(ima robot)

new

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 am
EVERYONE! I TOTALLY AGREED WITH THIS! I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY SWEAR WORDS! I MAKES ME SO MAD! livelyfire2 & technologygirl I'M REALLY SORRY FOR LISTING THOSE WORDS ON MY LAST POST. I DIDN'T MEAN TO. Moderator Jessica CAN I SAY "OH-MY-GOSH!" & "WHAT-ON-EARTH!" PLEASE REPLY. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 pm
I ALREADY TOLD YOU! I DON'T LIKE ROMANCE STUFF! I NEVER EVER SWEAR! FROM, dreamtimepink9

[ 86 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team