Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Re: Rick Riordan

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm
rick riordan is my most favorite writer ever and whenever one of his books comes out i read it within a week. i really wished this was a board!!!!!!!!!! :(

regular_visitor

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 am
i cant wait for the son od neptune to come out!

regular_visitor

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 pm
Rick is an awesome author!Also,he is one of the best authors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frequent_contributor

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 am
What's everyone's favorite PJO pairings? I'm all for Percy/Annabeth, but I would also like to see Rachel/Nico. I know it sounds strange, but it just seems right for me. I also do not like Jason/Piper I think it's sort of predictable and boring, and Piper could do better than an amnesiac who still recovering his memory.

What about you guys? I have a lot of fanfiction characters so I usually pair those with real PJO characters, but I won't talk about them here 'cause it'll get confusing. 

frequent_vsitor

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 am
I can't wait for Son of Neptune to finally come out! I read the first chapter and loved it! Which of Jason's friends do you think will be part of the POVs, along with Percy? I'm thinking Reyna, but who else?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:18 am
rick riordan's book are crazy cool i like all of them. Can you ask him to make more? If yes that would be great.

regular_visitor

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:55 am
ive read the preveiw a hundred times!!!!!!!

contributor

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:16 pm
Hi NukNuk,
He is making More :)

visitor

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:30 pm
I. LOVE. THE TRANSCRIPTS The Red Pyramid AND The Throne Of Fire. I totally believe i'm going to get called to Brooklyn House next school-year, since i'm in their age requirements/recomendations now :)

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 am
39 clues is a really good seiries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:22 pm
I love all his books especially all the percy jackson books and the lost hero. I can't wait for Son Of Neptune

rookie_visitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:31 pm
I love Rick Riordan Thumbs up :D

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:02 pm
My favourite is The Lightning Thief!!!!!!! <3 I love the book so much! And the movie was OK but when are the movies ever better than the books? :P Sadly, my 12 year old brother practically destroyed my copy of The Lightning Thief and I am livid. :D

visitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:37 pm
My favourite book was the last olympian and the lost hero. I've read both of those books, like 10-12 times! I can't wait untill the son of neptune comes out! I've also read the preview. It was awesome! The son of neptune comes out on october 4th.

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:43 pm
Who wants a Rick Riordan board? I do!

Signoff/Signature campaign!!

Post this in your signoff if you want a Rick Riordan Board! –Happyblue6

Tks all!!

Happyblue6

visitor

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:07 pm
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Throne of Fire or The Red Pyramid! ( i cant'decide between them) I would recommend all of the PJ books and the Kane Chronicles. They  are all pretty AMAZING!  ~Alison, Hunter of Artemis  <3

regular_visitor

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:39 pm
Percy Jackson totally 100%
(and Lost Hero 25%)

Your...
ePiCaL
DAUGHTER OF ATHENA
ToTaL SaTyR FrEaK (Grover watch your back)
Ravenclaw
YELLOWDOLPHIN
LOVE YA KATIE AND BRIAN!

regular_visitor

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 pm
i put the son of neptune on hold in the library:smileyhappy:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:40 pm
To me, Rick Riordan is the most amazing writer that ever lived!  His main characters are so loveable, and his enemies are some of the most hated beings in my mind.  To be a good writer, you need good characters.  Riordan definitely understands that.  I love to write, so reading Riordan's books really encourages me to do my best and create the best characters possible. 

My favorite book by him is The Lightning Thief.  I've read books 1-3, and they're all amazing, but I don't think my favorite Rick Riordan book will ever change.  One thing I particullarly like about his books are that each book is the next year in Percy's life.  You get to watch Percy grow up, and see him turn from a 12 year-old boy, scared, upset, etc., to a 16 year-old hero, ready to save the world, no matter what it takes.  I love Rick Riordan's writing style.  It's absolutely amazing.

My favorite character has to be Percy, but Annabeth definitely falls second in line.  I love their personalities.  My friends and I have been trying to make a TV show based on the series, and I play Annabeth.  I hope to make Annabeth come to life, and show people what I think of her. 

Riordan said in an interview that he never intended The Lightning Thief to become a book.  It was simply a bedtime story for his oldest son, who encouraged him to write it down.  He did, and look at him now!  I hope to be a writer like Rick Riordan some day.  His books are so amazingly unique!  There will never be a book better than any book that Rick Riordan has written, never a character more loveable than Percy Jackson, never an enemy more hateable than Luke Castellan, never a writer more amazing than Rick Riordan. 

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 am
his best selling book and my favorite book is red pyramid throne of fire.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 am
I love it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contributor

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:44 pm
Shriek!!!!!! Oh, god, I feel sooooooo guilty because for months I've been campaigning for a Rick Riordan board and now it's sorta come true (even though I don't really like the idea of a Rick Riordan thread) but I've only commented once on this. Ahhhhh...anyways, I would put my Rick riordan sign off right now but as some of you may have heard, my computer got busted by a virus, a bunch of stuff happened, I cancelled the stacks club (sorry guys!!! Now I really feel guilty), and I haven't really been on the Reading Buzz.
But anyways, whatever, I'm glad to be back. :smileyhappy:

contributor

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm
Hi Brian! I LOVE Rick Riordan!!!!! It stinks that there isn't a board for his books though. Anyways, my favorites are PJO, The Kane Chronicals, and the Heros of Olympus. I am currenty reading Mockingjay, the third book in the wonderful Hunger Games Trilogy.

visitor

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am
What can I say? The person before me said just about everything there was to say about how great the author of Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson, Hero's of Olympus and a few 39 clues books really is.

About two years ago I went ot the library and was trying to find a new book. I ran my finger across the spines, failing to find one that interested me. I saw the Lightning Thief and paused for a second. It looked ok but I wasn't sure. Carelessly I took it off the shelf and put it on my pile of books. Later that night I was sitting in my bed and reading a truly magical book. I didn't but it down for hours and when I was done I knew that I would get to know Percy Jackson and his friends very well as I scrambled for the next book in the series.

I just want to say thanks to Rick Riordan who came up with such a great story that no matter how many  times you read it it is always just as exciting and electrifying. And thanks to his son for telling his dad to write the now famous story down. All his story's are my favorite and I choose not to even try to single on out as the best because they all are.

Ke$ha Foeva

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am
has anybody read rick riordans : The Red Pyramid or The Throne of  Fire???

[ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team