Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Re: Rick Riordan

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am
I read both of them they are really great books and my favourite author is of course Rick Riordan.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 am

_crazypoms6_ wrote:
has anybody read rick riordans : The Red Pyramid or The Throne of  Fire???

Yes, I have and they really good books you should read them!

rookie_visitor

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Screams and jumps around the room* OMG!!! I LOVE PERCY JACKSON!!!! My fave 39 clues book has got to be when they all work together. So the.....10th book! The first time I read Percy Jackson, I thought, "I'll just read this until i find a better book." But I didn't find a better book, 'cause these books are the best already!!!! Ps. Sorry for my hyperness! I had bacon and eggs. They REALLY make me hyper!!!!

Message Edited by _Stacks_Admin_ on 07-25-2011 09:46 AM

contributor

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 pm
Definitly The Throne of Fire! It was like so funny but, I'm not giving away any of the juicy stuff.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 pm
Rick Riordan I love you and your books!People you should read the last olympian(I give it 4 and a half stars),The throne of fire( give it 4 stars),and the lost hero(give it 4 stars).I luv Leo son of Hepheastus from the lost hero.He is a riot! i cant wait for the son of neptune to come out because I really want to know how Percy is doing.I hope he remebers Annabeth and not fall in luv with a Roman.I mean sure Romans are cool but Greeks are better in sooooooooooo many ways.And Annabeth is perfect for Percy.Rick Riordan I luv you and your books!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm
Hi Brian Im Gaby and I luv Rick Riordan!I love the Last Olympian,The throne of fire and the last olympian.I also luv Leo son of Hephaestas from the lost hero.He is a riot and I think you might find him funny.I cant wait for the son of neptune to come out because I want to know how his handling his amnesa(is that how you spell it?).I hope he remembers Annnabeth and his love for her.She is way better than any Roman girl .I think you might enjoy this books.Bye!:smileywink:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:42 pm
i agree with you but carter was a little weird

regular_visitor

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm
Awesome! I thought I was the only one who liked Leo! I kinda feel sorry for him because he thinks that no one appretiates him and he's almost right! :smileysad: Oh, and if you haven't already, you can go to Rick Riordan's website and read the first chapter of the Son of Neptune! I can't wait for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have it marked on my calender, which I guess is kinda creepy, but I honestly don't care!! :smileyvery-happy: Keep being a Rick Riordan fan! :smileytongue:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 pm
yes i have its funny and all about Greek times with two kids named sadie carter

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Hi! That sounds great. : )

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 pm
I love all of rick riordans book!!! I really wish I could meet him!!!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:08 am
I love Percy Jackson.
The books r awesome.

Iwould say that the 1st book was the best because it was filled with some much adventures.
I love Rick because hes really good at his writing. Hes very creative!

rookie_visitor

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:36 am

_artemispegasus3_ wrote:
Screams and jumps around the room* OMG!!! I LOVE PERCY JACKSON!!!! My fave 39 clues book has got to be when they all work together. So the.....10th book! The first time I read Percy Jackson, I thought, "I'll just read this until i find a better book." But I didn't find a better book, 'cause these books are the best already!!!! Ps. Sorry for my hyperness! I had bacon and eggs. They REALLY make me hyper!!!!

Message Edited by _Stacks_Admin_ on 07-25-2011 09:46 AM

I love all of Rick Riordan's books!!!! I read the whole Percy Jackson series in about 4 days!!!!(im a ravid reader:-) I own all Percy Jackson, all Kane, and the Lost Hero. I reread them over and over. My favorite book is between The Lightning Thief and The Lost Hero. I love how he brings in the description so well that even after that book, you are never left in the dark. I believe he gives a clear description of everybody, what they do, and how they react to certain situations. Its more fun to read that because you almost get to grow up with them and see how they change and what steps they take to do it!!! I just love everything about Rick Riordan!!!

regular_visitor

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:38 pm
i love rick riordan his books are awesome  
(true fact)

frequent_contributor

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

_serqetpsyched1_ wrote:
yes i have its funny and all about Greek times with two kids named sadie carter

No, it's Egyptian Mythology, not Greek.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm
i love rick riordan's new book the throne of fire!

rookie_visitor

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 pm
Rick Riordan is the best!!!!!!!!!!HaHa!!
       8-D

contributor

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Here are some random The Throne of Fire signature quotes! I'm bored so that's why I'm posting them.

“I didn’t ask for the Speedo Patrol!”

-Sadie, in The Throne of Fire

“Bloody Egyptian Gods in their bloody Revealing swimwear. This is why we don’t do magic.”

-Gramps, in The Throne of Fire

A Supporter of the nmvm (The no more vampires movment)

A Proud Ravenclaw

Member of the Mysterious Benedict Society

And An Ekat

“We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter’s the ???, and Voldy’s gone moldy, so now let’s have FUN!

-Peeves, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

“Why blend in, when you could stick out?”

~Emeraldeagle18

visitor

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am
 WHOA!!                                                                                                                                                                                           never have i met someone who knows what the Mysterious Benedict Society is. friendme :smileyvery-happy:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 pm
Ooh, Rick Riordan? I like the Percy Jackson series but not so keen on the other ones :p But... I still think he's a brilliant writer.

-------------
Writer, Dancer, Mwah Mwah Mwah :D

NyanNyanNyanNyan

DancerDancing5 :smileyhappy:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 pm
I read a lot of his books.
They're not bad actually. Really funny.

rookie_visitor

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:26 pm
I love your book The Red Pyramid. It was awesome!

visitor

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm
The lightning theif percy jackson  books are good AND RICK IS A GOOD WRITER.

visitor

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:33 pm
OMGs (Oh my gods ;) ) You should read the Percy Jackson series! It is the best series ever. There's also Heroes of Olympus, which is the follow-up series of Percy Jackson. It's also pretty cool. I also really like the Kane Chronicles and the 39 clues. I love everything by Rick Riordan, but Percy Jackson puts everything else to shame. :smileyhappy:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am
i love greek, roman, and egyption mythology and im so glad Rick Riordan has written these books :smileyvery-happy:

the last two books Rick Riordan have written i have gotten them the day they came out and i cant wait for the next ones

i also like to read book like harry potter, twilight saga, wicked lovely by melisa marr, and gillian sheilds immortal sieres  

[ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team