Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Rick Riordan
visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi everyone!! My name is Brian and I’m working as an intern at Scholastic for the summer. I’ll be hanging out on the Buzz Board, giving you guys the inside scoop about the behind the scenes work that goes on at the STACKS! Throughout the summer I’ll be sharing the latest Rick Riordan news and happenings. I’m curious to hear what your favorite Rick Riordan book is, what books you recommend I should read, and why you love him. Above all, I’m excited to be making new friends and meeting new people, so please reply to all my posts and you’ll help make this an awesome summer! Please friend my profile and I’m so excited to get to meet you all! -Brian, STACKS Summer Intern Message Edited by _Stacks_Admin_ on 07-08-2011 09:44 AM

Re: Rick Riordan
regular_contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 pm
Alright!

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm
FINALLY!!! :) We have a Rick Riordan board (well, actually, it's just a topic)!!! This is better than not having anything at all, right?

I've only just strted the first Percy Jackson book and I haven't read any other books by Rick Riordan, but I'm REALLY interested in the books right now. Maybe I'll become a super-fan like the many kids that are gonna post stuff on here!

<><><><><> 

I like PIE. I love BOYS. I adore WRITING.

Overall Outcome:

I'm a MAD GIRL!

<><><><><> 

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 pm
stacks intern? you posted only nine posts

regular_contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:33 pm
Rick Riordan is so awesome! My favorite book of his is the Throne of Fire! Totally brilliant book!

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm
I think that's only because he just joined today; over time he'll probably post more.

LOVE ME,

HATE ME,

Either way you're still THINKING about me

<><><><><> 

I like PIE. I love BOYS. I adore WRITING.

Overall Outcome:

I'm a MAD GIRL!

<><><><><> 

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:10 pm
YES!!!!!!!! i have been waiting FOREVER to have a place to talk about Rick Riordan's books without someone telling me to shut up! i'll be on this board a lot. KEEP WRITING, RICK RIORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileytongue:

frequent_contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:50 pm
So, Rick Riordan eh?

What's everyone's top three favorite books by him?

Mine:

1. The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles)
2. The Sea on Monsters (PJO)
3. Maze of Bones (39 Clues)

regular_visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm
boo ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_blackbird268_ wrote:
Hi everyone!! My name is Brian and I’m working as an intern at Scholastic for the summer. I’ll be hanging out on the Buzz Board, giving you guys the inside scoop about the behind the scenes work that goes on at the STACKS! Throughout the summer I’ll be sharing the latest Rick Riordan news and happenings. I’m curious to hear what your favorite Rick Riordan book is, what books you recommend I should read, and why you love him. Above all, I’m excited to be making new friends and meeting new people, so please reply to all my posts and you’ll help make this an awesome summer!

Please friend my profile and I’m so excited to get to meet you all!
-Brian, STACKS Summer Intern

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

visitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:06 pm
YAY!!!!!

I'm sooooooooooo HAPPY.  thanks:smileyvery-happy:

contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 pm
I've read the first 2 of The Percy Jackson series just like the Allie Finkle Series and just like that series I want to read the rest SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor Jordanna says

Bob is a nickname of Leslie or Tina

she also says

GOLAKA that's alien for goodbye

Embrace your inner weirdness( you know you have it)

contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:34 pm
I love the Lost Hero and Percy Jackson series. I plan to read the Kane Chronicals soon, but for now, I'm working on other books.

regular_contributor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 pm
Cool! Nice to meet you Brian!
I love all of the books by Rick Riordan! I just havn't read the Kane Chronicles! Do you think that someday, us STACKer's can do a live chat with him? That would be so cool, or at least a live chat about the books he writes! If I were you, I would read the Percy jackson and the Olympians Series first, then the Lost Hero! I can't wait until the Son of Neptune comes out! I am really excited! We all hope to get to know you on the STACK's and maybe after summer, you can come on again!

From your Random, Wizard Fan, Underlander, Daughter of Zeus, Song Writer, Ninja Skilled, Weather Monger, Ravenhuffledor, Musical Friend Person Thing,

••Skyelark Moon••

?Peace? ?Love? ?Music?

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:14 pm
Ok. Hi brian.

contributor

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 am
hi!my favorite book is the Percy Jackson series!i cant decide which book i like better!i love them cuz theres suspense,action,and a little drama!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:33 am
Rick Riordan is an AMAZING author. His Percy Jackson series were one of the first books I have read in English and I got hooked after the first chapter.  It is like a movie is playing in my head while I read! Anabeth is my favourite character, because she is smart, confident and strong. (Also, cause she likes Percy! :smileywink: )  He is the one to blame for making me interested in Greek myths and almost believing inn them! :smileywink: I have read all the Percy Jackson books ever since 2010. I have also finished The Lost Hero, and I can NOT wait till the second book comes out!!! I am almost done The Red Piramyd and have already got the 2nd book waiting for me... I hope he keeps writing, especially about myths (Preferebely Greek ones!) He is also one of my favourite authors of all time!!! Keep on writing, Rick Riordan!! You are THE BEST!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 pm
What is your favorite Rick Riordan book? The Lightning Thief.
What do you think I should read?? The Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus series.
Why do you love Rick Riordan? Because he wrote about us, duh!

regular_visitor

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 am
NICE THIS SOUNDS GREAT NOW WE KNOW THAT ALL OUR SIGN OFFS AND POSTS DIDNT GO TO WASTE:) ANY WAY MY FAVORITE RICK RIORDAN BOOKS ARE THE P.J. SERIES AND THE KANE CHORONICALS. BTW ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IIS WITH THE PJ FAN CLUB???

I HAVENT HEARD FROM MIA IN A WHILE.

~PEACE OUT FRENCHESCA

visitor

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:29 pm
I love his Percy Jackson books and his Hero of Olympus books!

contributor

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 pm
My favorite Rick Riordan book(s) are the 39 clues ..I just haven't finished the entire series lol :)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 am
I read a lot of Rick Riordan and trust me they will be the best books you have ever read. My favorite seiries, Percy Jackson seiries. My favorite book, The Last Olympians.

regular_visitor

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 am
the best thing..................
demigods and magic
roman,greek,and anciant egypt

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 pm
hm............i really like rick's latest series, Heroes of Olympus and the book The Lost Hero--AWESOME BOOK, I have some really positive things to say about that book and I can't wait for the second book to come out in October!

regular_visitor

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 pm
I love Rick Riordan Books!
When I read Percy Jackson I was hooked!And now its the Heroes of Olympus!
Havent read 39 clues yett!!!!!!

[ 258 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team