Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Sapphire Eyes ACT I SCENE 2
visitor

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm
FLASHBACK
The Setting is a warm summer evening. Jessie is sitting with her boyfriend, Justin. They are at a picnic on a grassy hill.

Justin: Jessie. There is no easy way to tell you this but I-
Jessie (fearing the worst): Are you breaking up with me?
Justin: No. It's worse. Jessie, I'm dying.

Shock covers Jessie's face, and she begins to cry.

Jessie: What is it? Is it something curable? Are you going to live? Is there... Is there any chance? What are your treatment options???
Justin: I have terminal cancer. I am going to die.

Jessie leans on to Justin's shoulder and bawls.
FADE TO BLACK

Re: Sapphire Eyes ACT I SCENE 2

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:43 am
best story ever

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 am
I feel like the last scene wasn't wrapped up once you dove right into the flashback which feels a bit confusing. This second scene is much better, however, you might want to add more dialogue leading up to Justin telling her he is dying.

Great job so far!

- Allie

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 pm
It's quite good! It can use a bit of polishing and making it clearer. But that can easily be fixed, this is a good story and it fits the category. DRAMATIC!!!!!!!!!!!! DID I SAY THIS YET, IT IS QUITE GOOD!keep it up!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:56 am

yeah! it's good keep up the good work! :3

new

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm

This girl is soooo unlucky!!! Put somthing lucky in her life!! It would put some hope in the play!

Cats Rule!!

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team