Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Save the Hermit Crabs! Part 1
N/A

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 pm
        Okay, this is an informational guide to help save the hermit crabs! Did you know that when hermit crabs are taken away to pet stores, people rip them out of their shells? That's right, the people use a technique to take hermit crabs away from their homes and they shove them into uncomfortable, and, oh yeah, POISONOUS, shells. What I mean by this is that they put hermit crabs into painted shells, the paint rubs off into their water supply, and then BOOM! The whole water system is like inviting death into your home. And don't believe the pet stores when they say that it's non-toxic. There are two reasons for this. 1) The pet store means that it is non-toxic for humans 2) They just want to sell the hermit crabs so they don't care if they tell a little lie. Unfortunately, this lie kills thousands of hermit crabs over the country.
         Now, I know what you're thinking. 'oh no, my hermit crab is going to die really quick if I don't get it into a painted shell!' It will not die very quickly, but it is a hazard to your hermit crabs' health. I have had a hermit crab in a painted shell for 1 1/2 years now, and she has not died. (AUTHOR'S NOTE: I wanted and still want her to change into a normal shell, but she hasn't changed shells yet and refuses to.) So be warned!
          Also, the store has them in a crowded cage, and hermit crabs need room. Not too much room, but way more room than most pet stores give them.
************************************************************************************************
         I have much more to type, but I'm tired of typing...(yawn) Just gonna go do an update then quit typing for a while.
                                                                               Everyone deserves to cry.

-Teresa

Re: Save the Hermit Crabs! Part 1
frequent_contributor

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:46 pm
Thanks for sharing this. :) I don't personally have a hermit crab but I've wanted one for several years now... If I ever have the opportunity to get a few out of those painted shells, I'll make sure to.

~Cavy

TWINKS AND KIRA!!!!!!!! WIA WRITERS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

rookie_visitor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:40 pm
Aww!
Poor crabbies...
I don't like Hermit crabs anymore, though, because in first grade they were the classroom pet and one pinched me *really* hard.:smileymad:
And the shell was made to look like a mouse.  Thus, it was named "Mousey"
Yeah.  The originality of first graders... oi.

~Tatiana~

N/A

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

_Larry the Man-Eating Hamster_ wrote:
Aww!
Poor crabbies...
I don't like Hermit crabs anymore, though, because in first grade they were the classroom pet and one pinched me *really* hard.:smileymad:
And the shell was made to look like a mouse.  Thus, it was named "Mousey"
Yeah.  The originality of first graders... oi.

~Tatiana~

ACK! IT MUST BE DOLLAR616...took at the signoff! And how could Larry go into 1st grade and pick up a hermit crab considering a) he's a hamster and b) he doesn't have opposable thumbs!
   The jig's up, Larry...we've found your human hoooooooost.... :P

frequent_contributor

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 pm
I used to have a hermit crab named Baby, but I think it killed my brother's hermit crab. Pleasant. I loved the article!

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team