General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Sharon Creech: The AMAZING author

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:47 am
Ok, I know you are probably like " so what shes just a author", but shes more than that. In honor of her I wrote a little book (its just a demo by the way). So its called " Standing Ovation", its about a little boy who has a deformed face. His name is Agguie and he has a older sister named livvy and he lives with his parents in a small apartment. Auggie is the narrator. Here is the story: Hi, my name is Auggie Parlem and I was born with my face deformed. I dont really understand , but my sister and parents are so overprotected. Once, I begged my parents to take me to the park for ice cream and they finally said yes. So, we walked to the park and people were staring , laughing, and pointing.This boy had stared at me and started sreaming, like I was a monster. So I ran underthe slide and started crying. I had know idea why people were so mean,well my parents had talked to me abut this but I didnt get it. For some reason I felt like I was getting really small and that people could just come and walk all over me. That was when I relized im not normal

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team