Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 Silent Sadness
regular_contributor

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:03 pm
Silent Sadness

I stood there, sobbing, but the cries were inaudiable. I made sure to keep them that way, silent; I didn't want any attention whatsoever.

M* stood next to me, crying her eyes out, just like me, except she was gasping and wailing very loudly. Everyone was trying to comfort her, but nobody knew exactly how sad I was. I was more sad than M* would ever be in this situation.

I walked into the house and took in the distinct smell of it, looking around. As I remembered all the memories I had here, the good times, the laughter-I almost smiled. Almost.

I went down to sit on the sofa, my mind still concentrating on my loss. Tears streaked down my face. I wiped them off and rubbed my eyes, hoping nobody would see any trace of me ever being sad.

Soon, it was time to go, and I didn't say much about the situation later on, but it was still haunting me, making me long to be happy again...

Re: Silent Sadness
frequent_vsitor

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 pm
again, beautiful words.

contributor

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 am
   Wow, what was this about? It's short, and I'd love to see more, but it packs a sharp emotional punch.

When it feels like

There’s no one merciful left in the world

When society tries to crush my very hopes and dreams

When my parents stop treating me

Like a person that matters

Like a person they understand

Like a person they love

Love so much they’d risk anything for me

Writing becomes the only thing

That does not abandon me.

-TwinkieBlinkie

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:55 pm

_TwinkieBlinkie_ wrote:
   Wow, what was this about? It's short, and I'd love to see more, but it packs a sharp emotional punch.

When it feels like

There’s no one merciful left in the world

When society tries to crush my very hopes and dreams

When my parents stop treating me

Like a person that matters

Like a person they understand

Like a person they love

Love so much they’d risk anything for me

Writing becomes the only thing

That does not abandon me.

-TwinkieBlinkie

It's a bit personal; I won't explain it in great detail, but let's just say it's about somebody-a friend or family member-who I really love being with, and then... well, like I said, I'm not getting into detail (but, no, it's not about a death). I might be posting more, though.

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:05 pm
Here's more:

When I woke up in the morning, I didn't open my eyes or get out of bed. I just lied there, still exhausted. I was about to open my eyes when my brain really started working again and I remembered what happened yesterday. I then squeezed my eyes even tighter shut and wrapped my blankets around me.

I finally got up, and tried to tell myself to just get over it and move on with my life. I poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and started eating, not really focusing on that but the fact of my sadness.

She'll be back, I told myself, She'll be back soon. She'll come again. Stop crying.

Yeah, another voice in my head replied, but she'll only stay for a couple days, just like she always does. Then I'll just get excited and then emotionally broken all over again.

Just stop it! said the other voice. Just stop it. Don't think about that.

I knew she'd be back, but never long enough for me. It would never be long enough. I wished she would always be with me-but it seemed to be a wish that wouldn't be coming true any time soon.

I sighed and continued on with my day. There was nothing I could do about it.

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Red-Where I edited.
Blue-Notes you can delete, but just commented on.
Green-Indenting
Silent Sadness

I stood there, sobbing, but the cries were inaudiable. I made sure to keep them that way, silent. I didn't want any attention whatsoever.

M* stood next to me, crying her eyes out, just like me, except she was gasping for air and wailing in sadness more than I. Everyone was trying to comfort her, but nobody knew exactly how sad I was. I was more sad than M* would ever be in this situation.

I walked into the house and took in the distinct smell of it, looking around. As I remembered all the memories I had here, the good times, the laughter-I almost smiled. Almost. But I couldn't.

I went down to sit on the sofa, my mind still concentrating on my loss. Tears streaked down my face. I wiped them off and rubbed my eyes, hoping nobody would see any trace of me ever being sad.

Soon, it was time to go, and I didn't say much about the situation later on, but it was still haunting me, making me long to be happy again...

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm
Red-Edited
Blue-Notes
Green-Little indents

When I woke up in the morning, I didn't open my eyes or get out of bed. I just lie (Lied isn't a word) there, still exhausted. I was about to open my eyes when my brain (The word really was unessacary) started working again and I remembered what happened yesterday. I then squeezed my eyes even tighter shut and wrapped my blankets around me. I was shivering, but it wasn't cold. (It sounds very.......gripping)

I finally got up, and tried to tell myself to just get over it and move on with my life. I poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and started eating, not really focusing on anything but my sadness. (That is a word that is often used incorrectly)

She'll be back, I told myself, She'll be back soon. She'll come again. Stop crying.

Yeah, another voice in my head replied, but she'll only stay for a couple days, just like she always does. Then I'll just get excited and then emotionally broken all over again.

Just stop it! said the other voice. Just stop it. Don't think about that.

I knew she'd be back, but never long enough for me. It would never be long enough. I wished she would always be with me-but it seemed to be a wish that wouldn't be coming true any time soon.

I sighed and continued on with my day. There was nothing I could do about it.

frequent_contributor

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 pm
*in Yoda voice* Emotion strong in this one!

I almost started crying, just from reading this little bit.

~Cavy

KIRA AND TWINKS!!!!!!!!!!! WIA WRITERS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team