Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Soldiers on the sunrise (to be continued)
new

Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 pm

I lay down in the smooth meadows of Ciruns, the sun rained down and coated the land in a bright gold. The same color as my hair and freckled skin. I rolled in the grass til my hair was covered in long pieces of the wheat surrounding me. "Are! Where are you?" my brother asks teasingly. A giggle escaped my lips as he bounds over and picks me up, swinging my like a small ragdoll. I laugh openly and I hug him close. "I will miss you." I say. "I know you will, but I have to fight." He was dressed in a brown jacket with pants bleached a camofloged green. His eyes were almost covered by his shaggy blonde hair. I stand on my toes and whisper "Dont forget me." before he slowly walks back into the sunrise. I waved as a tear rolled down my cheek, I had a sinking fear that I would not see him again alive. I would be going to the same battle but working a different job. I'm a trained medic and most times called "Wheat" because of my gold hair. I was known by everyone, partly because I was the only girl in the whole camp. I was raised here  as a baby and have made friends with most, losing some to the war as well.

Re: Soldiers on the sunrise (to be continued)
new

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:25 pm

this is awesome! please continue the story!!!!

new

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Nice story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please continue...

new

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Very cool. Might make millions. Continue the story!

-Dragoncrown485

new

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

new

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:15 pm

You totally need to finish and publish it!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team