Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Spanish day
new

Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 am
  • Spanish Day

• Spanish day was an event at my school. I am a sixth grader and this event is unique to this grade. There were many groups, such as sports, education and entertainment but in my opinion, we had the best. Faith, Leah, Kristina and I were the food group! Considering this is our biggest project in Spanish, plenty of planning went into this. We had a strong introduction that involved the use of Spanish words. The Kindergarteners seemed pretty scared at first but when we gave them our food samples, they seemed to relax. We assumed we would have about 50 kids coming but instead we got about 20 or less. It was surprising but we handled it well. Unfortunately, I was the one in charge of talking and I failed to have enough to say for 20 minutes. Luckily the kids were so wrapped up in drinking their ‘Agua de Fresca’ and ‘Frijoles’ that they weren't too interested in what I had to say for a few minutes. We also had flashcards for them to learn with Spanish terms on them. This kept them interested for a while until it was time for them to go to the next station. After all the kids had been around and had left, we invited the other sixth graders to enjoy some of our fruit water and beans. They loved them! Spanish day was a great experience that I’ll remember forever.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team