Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 Speech about the Government and something you may like to comment on.
regular_contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 am
Elise,could you float this to the if it gets more than 10 replies?Thanks!

The Government

The Government is now not at all bothering about global warming.They are not realizing that it could be worse than they expect.Leave global warming,they are not even taking notice of the endangered animal which are very rare now.Eg)Butterflies species,tigers,flamingos in some parts.Pandas are lessening too.They are not putting security properly to stop hunters at national parks etc.All that they are doing is fighting among themselves.There are only elections that catch the topic of government.They are fighting to elect a leader who can take all this in control.Now,global warming,as some of you think it is rubbish,is not.It is a very serious matter,which,if the government was serious about,would take action immeadately.Global warming may not take our lives but may take and action on our main relatives.The nature.Plants,trees and flowers do take  in carbon-di-oxide but too much may harm them.But all that the government cares about is the person sorting all this out.I hope that all of you will try telling people how serious global warming is and that they should help.

Um,I hope it was not too long,but I wanted to include every thing.Please reply and share your views.Thanks!

~Rachel

Re: Speech about the Government and something you may like to comment on.
contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm
Rachel? Most likely it's not the one I'm thinking about. Yes, the government is currently working on the economy... It seems as though it's occupying all their time. Though a lot of politions care more about money sometimes.

frequent_contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm
That's very true. Like Cassidy said in one of her speeches, people have to stop putting money towards wasteless gameshows and more towards environment/world problems, such as poverty and Global Climate Change. (Some places are getting colder.)

contributor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm
Yup. I`m telling EVERYONE this!!!

regular_contributor

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:53 pm
Nice speech Rachel!!! I feel the same way, but a bit different. If you want to know what I mean please go my speech. Here's a link to it:

~Cassidy

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 pm

I too think that government is being really stupid, and not putting their millions of dollars to GOOD use!! I mean that's why their tolling the freeways so that they can get thousands every day!!  that's why their collecting taxes!! But they want to spend it all on silly unneeded road construction, and  building unwanted and unneeded tunnels. I mean I don't even know what they use tunnels for!!! All they seem to want to do is to spend spend spend! I don't know about you guys, but I am furious, I mean just furious!!  If the government is going to make the citizens of society do all the work on helping the environment and global warming, then fine, so be it! I think I could find this quite fun. I mean, picking up garbage, not driving cars so often, and calling animal control. It's gonna' be one tough world if the government doesn't pitch in to help resolve global warming!!!  I'm furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:robotmad::smileymad:

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 01-28-2011 12:39 AM

contributor

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Yeah! The government should care about the enviornment.

~Monabellarocker

GALE BELONGS WITH MONABELLAROCKER! (I am trying to see how many people agree. It shouldn’t take more than ten years for this to catch on!)

“No. Shut up and eat your pears.”- Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games

Go Green, Stay Green. Spread the green around the stacks! Visit the save the planet board!

“No, Gale shouldn’t be with someone from another district! He should be right here with ME!”- Monabellarocker! (obviously)

With you right here, I’m a rocketeer. ~ Rocketeer, Far East Movement

SIBUNA!                     Long Live S.P.E.W!

regular_contributor

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 am
thanks!

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team