Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Speech
regular_contributor

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm
                      Speech
                                          by: Corn dog flower

Everyone knows politics also has an effect on the enivorment, but people have different opinions on how much politicians actually focus on helping the enviroment. Well I have my own opinion and theory. Now since most of us are still children and pre-teens, we don't understand too much about politics and economics. However we still have a voice to make a difference in our local or even national government. We are all citizens of our country which obviously means we have a right to be able to speak our thoughts and beliefs. But first, I'd like to talk about politicians. You see, they have a lot on their plate, and can't always focus on the enviroment, however they still could be doing more to help. You see, in my opinion, I think politicians should mostly be focusing on getting America out of its debt, but while they think it is the hardest thing in the world, I have a theory or idea on a way in which they could start. As you probably well know, actors and actresses can make millions of dollars doing what they do, and that is no exaggreation. You see, actors do work hard for their money, but I think millions of dollars is quite a bit muchand if they cut their pay, think of how much money that would be to use to help America get out of it's enormous debt. I'm don't know about Canada or any other countries economy, and if those countries are in debt, I think is a way that could work. I also have a strong belief that just because you may not have money, doesn't mean you don't deserve a home, food, and water. It just means you were unlucky, or have made some mistakes in your life that had a big impact. Truth be told, the starving and homeless people in Africa and other countries, probably work much harder than people who have money. After all they have to work hard 24/7 to survive. That's why politicians, and actually the whole government should be focusing oon getting America out of its debt, because for example, owes almost a billion dollars to China if not more, and the Chinese could one day hold that agaisnt us, and then more peace would be shattered. Peace would be a giant step towards ending things like World Hunger, diseases, crimes, and so much more. But one of the things we have to fix, before we can obtain total peace, is to get out of debt. It is a complicated situation, yes, but not as complicated as you may think. I may not know a whole lot about either politics, or economics, but I do know there are ways to help America get out of its severe debt. For instacne there are many games shows out there like Million Dollar Money Drop. Of course in these games, the money is really hard to win , but if we cut down on those game shows, we could save money, instead of letting people get it that need it so much less then others. There are ways, even as kids, you just have to think. You can do anything id you truly believe, and every dream, idea, and even the mistakes you make...they are all important. Don't ever think anything you do is worthless, for those experiences help you learn, and become the person you truly are, and were meant to be................

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this speech. It took me more than 3 hours to think, write, edit, and complete this speech. I also hope the people who read this take the messages to heart, and really think about everything I included in there. Elise, I'd really appreciate if I could here your comments as well, and also if you could float this because I think everyone should read this. I really hoped you enjoyed reading this
                                                        ~Corn dog flower

Re: Speech
contributor

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 pm
If we had a vote on what the best post was in the period ofa day,I can guarantee that everybody would vote for yours.It was heartwarming, and the best speech since Martin Luther's I have a dream.

regular_contributor

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 am
That's a really good speech.  I personally don't think earning less money will help others as much as contributing to worthy causes will.

contributor

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:49 pm
I like how you have hope for the future... If only it will be that easy. You can't take the money, but you can create a donation. But an easier way would be to raise taxes on the rich... But that wouldn't make the economy better, but still be out of debt. But we'll have to borrow more in the end. :P

frequent_contributor

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 pm

_Suze59_ wrote:
If we had a vote on what the best post was in the period ofa day,I can guarantee that everybody would vote for yours.It was heartwarming, and the best speech since Martin Luther's I have a dream.

And Barack Obama's "I like pie" speech. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team