Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 2
visitor

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 pm
Hi everyone and welcome to the official thread for submissions to the STACKS Creative Writing Team’s first ever story “The Runaway.” Over on Ink Splot 26, we’re writing an original story; however, every chapter will be influenced by your submissions. So, if you’d like to submit a chapter, first, read Chapter 1 on Ink Splot 26. Second, write your own chapter and post it in this thread. Finally check Ink Splot 26 in two weeks when I’ll post Chapter 2, which will include your submissions!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

Re: STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 2
new

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm
OK here it is...

"HELP!HELP!HELP!There is a talking Statue!HELP!"Yelled Emily."Clam down!Calm down!I'm harmless"said the statue."You are?"Asked Emily."Yes,yes I am"said the statue."Like I blevie that!"yelled Emily.Then all the sudden this girl ranomly apperd out of noware."Hi"said the girl."W-who are you"said freaked out Emily."My name is Lily Jones you can call me Lil this is my statue horse Nick he is really harmless so I see you have problem what is that?"said Lil."Well theres this girl in my school who is always mean to me"said Emily."And what is her name?"asked Lil."Her name is Roscoe"said Emily."Oh well I can take you to a place that is very cool!"Said Lil."And ware is that?"asked Emily."Oz"said Lil."Wait don't tell me your the wicked witch of the West are you?"said Emily."You've seen the movies?"asked Lil."Yes"said Emily."But no i am Glina's BEST friend"said Lil.And then all the sudden Emily,Lil,and Nick dissaperd.

new

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 am
(BlackBird268) STORY PART:

The Runaway

CHAPTER 1

Emily was always a shy girl. Her voice was easily drowned out by the grind of a pencil sharpener.
When a teacher asked a question in class, Emily was lost in the sea of raised hands and rarely answered a question.
But, she was comfortable not being the most noticeable girl at Beatrice Vandersloot’s School for Girls.

After a long day at school, she would meet up with her best friend Penny in the schoolyard and walk home.
Penny was the type of girl who could bounce from wall to wall all day long.
Emily was convinced Penny’s black, curly hair matched the springs that Penny kept hidden in her shoes.
Penny lived in the apartment next door to Emily and they’d walk home through the big city together.

Penny was perfect at picking Emily up when she had a rough day, but not even Penny could protect Emily from the school bully.
Big Roscoe wore a threatening leather jacket to school each day and her favorite pastime was picking girls up by their feet and dangling them until their lunch money fell out.

Emily had dangled by her feet more times than she cared to remember.
So on this day when Big Roscoe took Emily by her sneakers and began to shake her for loose change,
Emily was surprised that she began to cry.
She was so embarrassed and sad that she ran away.
She ran past Penny, out of the school yard, and down city block after city block.
She ran until her lungs burned and she felt she couldn’t run anymore.

She stopped and sat on a marble base under a massive iron horse statue.
The shade felt nice after her long run and she began to wipe away tears.
But then she felt something strange, like someone was watching her.
She turned to her left and discovered she was now face to face with the horse statue.

“Why hello, dear,” said the statue. “What’s wrong?”

(DreamtimePink9) STORY PART:

CHAPTER 1

"THAT MEAN BULLY (Big Roscoe) STOLE MY MONEY!" EMILY SAID.
"HOW?" THE HORSE ASKED.
"BY (dangling by feet) THAT'S HOW!" EMILY SAID.
"THAT'S AWFUL!" THE HORSE SAID.
JUST THEN, PENNY CAME & SAID,
"EMILY! WHAT HAPPENED?"

EMILY TOLD PENNY THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT THE
MEAN BULLY STEALING MONEY BY DANGLING BY FEET.
"OH EMILY! THAT'S HORRIBLE!" PENNY SAID.

JUST THEN, RENATA & RENDY CAME.
ALONG WITH: JUANA & AVALANCE.
THEY WERE RUNNING FROM THE MEAN BULLY.
PENNY CAME RUNNING TO EMILY.

"THERE YOU ARE. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU." PENNY SAID.
"WE WERE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE BULLIES." THE OTHER KIDS SAID.
"WELL, THERE'S A ON-GOING LEGEND ABOUT DEALING WITH MEAN BULLIES." THE HORSE SAID.

"THERE IS?" EVERYONE ASKED.
"YES." THE HORSE SAID.
"PLEASE TELL US." EVERYONE SAID.

"OK. BUT, THIS IS PUTTING A PRANK ON THE BULLIES
WHO WON'T LEAVE OTHER KIDS ALONE." THE HORSE SAID.

(MORE "COMING-SOON")

FROM, dreamtimepink9

PLEASE PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE. IF YOU WANT "THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB" BOARD,
"THE ALLIE-FRINKLE'S" BOARD, "THE 39-CLUES" BOARD. BACK.

new

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 pm
CHARACTER PROFILE My Character: Emily Character Age: 11 Setup: Emily is a girl who goes to a boarding school called Beatrice Vandersloot’s School for Girls. Description: She has bright red hair and soft green/brown eyes. Emily has been crying though so her eyes are a little puffy. Mood: Sad,scared,lonely and a tiny bit mad. Faves: Candy. Her BFF Penny. Horses.Disney and coloring.Emily has a lot more faves but it would take to long to list them. Detests: Big Roscoe. The Closet. Clowns. Her voice being drowned out by a pencil sharpener. Nails against a chalk board. Story Setting: Emily is sitting under a horse statue and it just talked to her. Ok read on to find out what happens next (Its a work in progress ^_^) Ok here we go! ----> Chapter 2 Emily was surprised at two things.One that the statue could talk and to that she was not running away screaming. The statue asked again "What's wrong?" Emily wiped her runny nose with her sleeve and cautiously answered "Well I go to Beatrice Vandersloot’s School for Girls and there's this one girl and every one calls her Big Roscoe and so after class I was in the hall about to walk to lunch and then Big Roscoe came and she took me by my feet and dangled me until all my lunch money fell out of my pockets and-" Emily's voice cracked and she began to cry again "And so I ran away from school except I am never EVER going back!" Emly buried her head in her arms and sobbed. The statue tilted her head "Well why don't you tell the teacher!?!?" "That's the problem." Emily sniffled "Big Roscoe is the teacher's daughter! Actually the PRINCIPAL'S DAUGHTER!Every time anybody tells Mrs.Vandersloot she says that Big Roscoe couldn't hurt a fly and then she tells us we are lying and locks in...The Closet for one hour!" Emily shuddered. "The Closet? What is that?" The statue nervously asked. "It's DREADFUL!" Emily shouted waving her arms for a better effect. "It is so tight that even a second grader is cramped and there's no light either!" The statue was shocked. She wanted to help this little girl but she didn't know how. Then she smiled. "Emily...how would you like to come to my home land with me? It would only be for the day but it would still be fun!" Emily squealed her tears completely dried now "Oh thank you so much...." "Windersnap." The statue said to Emily happily "My name is Windersnap." Emily was so excited she couldn't think straight! "Thank you so so so so so much Windersnap! Thank you! Thank you!" "Hop on!" Windersnap knelt down so Emily could climb on her back and when Emily got on Windersnap reared up on her two hind legs and started to gallop.

new

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:19 pm
Question. How do I start a story?

regular_contributor

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 pm
Emily turned around, and saw the school bully, and her older brother, Mark. Mark looked pretty ticked, and as the older brother, he had to help out his little sister when she needed it, and boy did she need it. Every single time, she would almost get hit-and tackled.
"Leave her alone, Roscoe." Mark said, in his calm voice. "I'm serious. If you don't, I might have to get the teacher. If that doesn't work, I'll have to deal with this, and you will regret it." Roscoe laughed, and still went for Emily, and, even though Mark did try to tell the teacher, it didn't work, since the teacher couldn't hear him. His friend, Justin, tried to get the principal, but that didn't work, and Mark totally lost it, since it looked like Emily was in real trouble.

After Mark headed straight to where Roscoe and Emily were, Roscoe turned and, based on his stature, it didn't look like Mark would win. They started fighting, and Emily was very scared. Even though she was different from her older brother, she didn't want to see Mark get hurt.
    "Emi, go!" Mark said. "I'll be fine!" Emily gulped, and headed off with Penny and Justin.

new

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:50 am
Chapter 2-Runaway Emily was left speechless after the horse statue spoke. She knew that statues aren't suppose to talk. "Is this a dream? If it is, then what happened to me with Roscoe really didn't happen," wondered Emily as she stared at the statue. "It's not really polite to stare," the horse statue stated. "Also, this is not a dream; this is the real deal." Emily's eyes widened as she look around. She really hadn't been paying attention to where she was when she ran. She was in a park with many statues around her. There was one that seemed to be faded and chipped. That one caught her interest. ''None have seen what that statue is and what it can do," the horse statue said as it notice her look at the statue out of curiosity. "P-Pardon, sorry for m-my i-intrusion, m-my name i-is E-E-Emily," squeaked Emily, her shyness coming back to her. She blinked and looked at the silver plate on the marble. "Y-Your n-name is S-Soul?'' "Indeed, it is. You seemed upset when you ran here," Soul said. Emily felt as if she was in the presence of a noble beast, yet, it doesn't make any sense. "It has been a long time since anybody went here," said Soul. "Yet, this place is protected by a magic barrier. How did you manage to get here?," "I-I w-was being b-bullied b-by R-Roscoe, the s-school b-bully. I-I ran away," stuttered Emily, as embarrassment made her cheeks flush a light pink. Soul regarded her sternly. "Running away doesn't solve problems." Emily blushed more. "I-I k-know, but R-Roscoe is s-scary a-a b-bit." Soul tipped his head. "Those who bully usually were made to do so, as in they were made to feel bad or were lonely. They try to make others feel bad as well. If treated nicely, they change." Emily was astonished, she never thought that Roscoe was lonely. "S-Should I-I make f-friends with h-her?" "The choice is up to you," said Soul as he look at the girl's eyes. "Could she be the one the one to save us statues?," wondered Soul. "O-Okay." Emily turned to leave, but turn her head to look at Soul. "T-Thank y-you. M-May I come back?," she asked, hoping he would say yes. "As you you wish," replied Soul as he bowed his head. "T-Thank y-you." Emily left the park. A bright flash followed. Emily looked but was surprised as she couldn't see it. She still feels as it was still there waiting for her. She turned on the path to the way home. Emily head out in the city towards a surprise at the end.

visitor

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 am
Emily blinked. The statue continued. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I was just worried. After all, you must have been shaken up by something. Your emotions are quite powerful, missy! Why-"
"W-w-what?" Emily said, still a little breathless. "What was that you said about emotions?"
The horse statue smiled. "I am a Guardian," it said. "Each Guardian protects a part of the city.We live scattered among ordinary statues, tasting the emotions and feelings of the cities, and appearing to those we must assist. I am Shield, and I am the Guardian of the People. Now, why are you so upset, ...?"
"Oh! I'm Emily," she said, her shyness fading. "Big Roscoe, the school bully, was stealing my money again and nobody would stand up and help me..."
"And?"
"And I just had to leave. I was so humiliated! I will NEVER go back to school!"
"Don't you have any friends?"
"Only Penny. She lives next door to me."
"I see.."
Shield was silent for a moment. Just as Emily thought he had turned back into a solid statue, he spoke. "Emily, I believe you are different from others in this city. If you are willing, I have something to show you."

new

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm
The Runaway Chapter 2 Emily looked at the statue with a start. She had always imaged people when she was sad or lonely, but the talking iron figure was no fictional being. Again, the horse asked, “Is there something wrong?” The horse sounded like a gentle woman who was soothing a lost child. Then again, it practically was. Emily looked around to make sure no one saw her do what she was about to do. “Who are you?” she whispered. The statue blinked and replied, “I am the feeler of your emotions. I am taking away a portion of your sorrows. If I did not exist, you would black out from all of this misery you are dealing with.” Emily was dumbfounded. She had done it. She had ‘crossed into the realm of insanity’ as Penny would put. Thinking of Penny suddenly made Emily feel ashamed. She scarcely remembered passing by her while she was running away from Big Roscoe, completely ignoring her friend. “What is your name?” Emily asked her ‘feeler of emotions’. “I am whatever you call me,” the horse said humbly. Emily thought about this and remembered a name she deeply admired. “Amber, I’ll call you Amber,” she said finally. “Now, why don’t you tell me what’s wrong,” Amber suggested. Oh, yeah, Emily thought. “There’s this big bully at school,” she began. “Her name is Roscoe, and she loves to dangle girls by their feet, especially me, and steal their lunch money.” “I see,” Amber mumbled. “Do you know anything about this girl?” Emily thought about the question. Suddenly, she realized something. “No, I don’t. In fact, nobody does. No one knows where she lives, who her parents are, or if she has any siblings.” Amber nodded. “Maybe you should talk to her,” she suggested. Emily snorted. “I don’t think that would work out,” she told the statue. “Well then, at least you should go back to your school.” “NO!” she cried out, which was very unusual, considering she was probably the quietest girls at Beatrice Vandersloot’s School for Girls. “I mean,” she said in a quieter tone, “I can’t go back, not after what I did. Big Roscoe will make even more fun of me. I-” Emily paused and took a deep breath. “I have to run away.”

new

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 am
"Oh my I've gone completely mad!" Emily whispered to herself The marble horse statue said once more, "What's the matter?" Emily turned around and wiped drizzles of hot burning tears that rolled down her cheeks. The horse moved its head down to her. "You are talking...." said Emily stunned. The horse nodded. "Emily..." it said once more. Emily knew she had to talk... NOW. "I suppose I should tell you." Emily said in a slow voice. She cleared her throat and pushed her strawberry blonde curls off of her sweaty brow. Then Emily talked about her new school, how she didn't exactly fit in, and the bully that had her run away from school, her friend penny and sob until she could sob no more. The horse shook its white marble mane. In a flash, the horse turned into a tall blonde girl. Once again Emily was awed. The girl had a blonde braid and lacy white dress with fair skin. She smiled and said, "I might be able to help." "How... What... who are you!?" Emily said. "My name is Serendipity and right now I may not be able to explain anything but what I can do is help you." she replied. Emily nodded as if in a trance. "Come", she said... "It's time to stand up to that bully of yours."

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team