Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 4
visitor

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm
Hi everyone and welcome to the official thread for submissions to Chapter 4 of the STACKS Creative Writing Team’s first ever story “The Runaway.” Over on Ink Splot 26, we’re writing an original story; however, every chapter will be influenced by your submissions. So, if you’d like to submit a chapter, first, read Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3. Second, write your own chapter to follow Chapter 3 and post it in this thread. Finally check Ink Splot 26 in two weeks when I’ll post Chapter 4, which will include your submissions!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

Re: STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 4
new

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:49 pm
"What others?" questioned Emily.
" Why the ones like you, dear," answered Spinelli. "The ones with the gift,".
Emily pondered the response.
"What's going on Em?" Mark and Penny asked.
"You see, Emily has a gift. She has twice as much mindpower as the average human. She has this because all the thoughts she's had weren't put into words, bottling up her mind with thoughts," said Spinelli.
"Wow!" Everyone said. Suddenly a huge RUMBBBBLLE interrupted them.

Is it good? Tell me!

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm
"Listen, I don't know what's going on here, except for the fact that my little sister almost got killed, but what others?" asked Mark. "And are you telling the truth? If so, we can meet them. If they're like Emily and Penny's school bully-and possibly worse, I'd rather deal with them and get killed than have my little sister get killed!" Penny nodded, though she gulped at Mark's reaction. The guy had serious anger management issues and when he got real mad, things got real ugly.
"She has special powers like you two that she hasn't discovered yet, as you already discovered yours." Penny and Mark looked at each other, and shrugged. They had no clue what was going on, but went along with it.
"Uh-okay, we'll go along with it, but-" Penny trailed off.
"How can we trust you?" Mark put in. "For all we know, you could be trying to get our trust, than threaten us! I won't let my friends and family get killed!" Spinelli sighed, and looked at Mark.
"I want her to meet some friends of your relatives. You know Kevin and Aaron, right?" Mark nodded. They were friends of the Jordan family, consisting Mark and Emily as well as their parents, and the Gregory family, which was Penny and her parents.
"How did- no way! If you know them, and-wait-are you-" Penny was starting to realize.
"Let me guess. Aaron and Kevin can somehow communicate with you, right?" asked Mark. "That's kind-of freaky, and pretty cool, in a way." Spinelli nodded, and they went to where Kevin and Aaron were.

regular_contributor

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm
hey, uh, Brian, are you going to use what I wrote as well as what @basketballmaster wrote?

visitor

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 pm
"What others?" Mark asked. "And why is my sister riding on a talking metal horse?"
Spinelli snorted. "I have a name, you know. Anyways, she must meet the Council of the Gifted."
"Gifted as in smart?" Penny asked tentatively.
"Gifted with magical abilities," Spinelli said. "The Gifted each have the ability to sense Guardians such as myself, as well as certain... unique talents. They work with us Guardians to protect the city from harm."
"A-and you th-think I might be one of these...Gifted?" Emily asked.
"My dear, I know you are. You have one of the strongest Gifts I have ever seen."

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:55 pm
BUMP!

new

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 pm
What does BUMP mean

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team