Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 5
visitor

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:34 pm
Hi everyone and welcome to the official thread for submissions to Chapter 5 of the STACKS Creative Writing Team’s first ever story “The Runaway.” Over on Ink Splot 26, we’re writing an original story; however, every chapter will be influenced by your submissions. So, if you’d like to submit a chapter, first, read Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4. Second, write your own chapter to follow Chapter 4 and post it in this thread. Finally check Ink Splot 26 in two weeks when I’ll post Chapter 5, which will include your submissions!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

Re: STACKS Creative Writing Team: The Runaway Chapter 5
visitor

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:32 pm
Emily gasped and staggered back. One of the figures stepped forward, and Emily could see it was a great iron dragon, wings arched above its serpentine neck. It bowed its head in their direction. "Welcome back, Spinelli. I see you found the three we have been searching for."
"Wait," Mark said. "What are you talking about? We're just ordinary kids. The only reason Penny and I are here is because we were following Emily. And the only reason Emily is here is because she met a talking metal horse! It's all coincidence!"
"It's no coincidence, Mark," the dragon said. "I am Lynn, Spinelli's sister. We were crafted by a great artist, and given shape and life by his hands. We protect the city with our powers."
"Powers?" Penny said. "You mean you're magical?"
Spinelli laughed. "Of course we're magical, my dear. We're talking statues! But yes, we do have other abilities. Mine is to awaken other statues to life."
"And mine is to glimpse the future," Lynn said. "Two years ago, I had a vision in which monsters raged the city. Then, three heroes came, riding on my brother's back at the front of an army of statues."
"And you think we're these heroes?" Emily asked.
"My dear, we know," Spinelli said.

new

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:20 pm
hey

new

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:29 pm
hey! hey! hey! I have a new comet to make forget about the book.

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:10 pm
Just as Emily was about to respond, the figure with the yellow eyes grabbed her, and was running away with her. "Uh, is it just me or-" Penny started to say as Spinelli and Mark were ahead of her.
"Oh, boy," Penny muttered to herself. "Looks like things are going to get ugly pretty fast, what with this creepy monster and all." Penny decided to catch up with the others, and, just as Penny caught up, she noticed something creepy-the monster was about to kill Emily!

When they all got into position, the monster seemed to have a better chance against them, except Mark, which was unexpected. There had to be a reason why the monster won't stand a chance against Mark.
    "Uh, is it just me, Em, or does it look like that monster is getting creamed?" asked Penny. "That's my guess. What's yours?" Emily nodded, though, it was, of course, unexpected.
    "Yeah, I'm with you on that, Penny," Emily said. "For some strange reason, Mark's winning and I have just as much of an idea as you do, besides the serious anger-management issues part, and, believe me, it can get real ugly if Mark loses it." Penny nodded. Mark had serious anger-management issues which scared the living day-lights out of Emily and Penny. It was best for them to stay clear of him when he lost control of his anger just in case they'd get hit, even though on accident, though they didn't have to worry, since he managed to keep his cool with them-somehow, but no idea how. He didn't have a crush on Penny, or so Penny thought, as well as Emily, and Emily didn't think her best friend had a crush on Mark, but she could be wrong. For all she knew, her older brother and best friend could be in love with each other.

new

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 am
"Don't worry anybody. These all my friends," Spinelli told the scared children. "There are five of them, Other than me. They are all my brothers. "Emily asked "Who are you?" Then the statues told the young children about themselves. "I'm Narsellies, the leader of the group." " I'm Porkellies, the best fighter." The third statue interjected, saying in a bold voice "You always brag about yourself, Porkellies," Sorry Jellsies" Porkellies said. Spinelli told the children the other two were Heais and Weasi. Spinelli then informed the children "There are others all over the world. The final fight is upon us, and it will happen here because there own leader is also here." "Who is it?" Emily asked. "Big Roscoe." "What?!" the there children shouted.

new

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:21 pm
how do I join the team reply me and tell me how ok.

regular_contributor

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 pm
can you please use our chapters, or part of our chapters, Brian?

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team