Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 TA-DA!!! :)
new

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 am

This is a realistic fiction Love story, please comment!

I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable around boys than girls. I still look like a girl, I still like being a girl, except, I like my version of being a girl. Regular girls always seem to be doing weird stuff like touching up on their makeup or admiring their complexion in the mirror or stressing over whether their hair looks perfect or not. Boys, they talk about weird stuff, sure, but not stuff like the girls talk about. In my old school, Whenever I sat with the girls I would pretty much always get shunned, pushed aside, treated like I wasn't there. So- I started sitting with the boys. The boys were cool with me sitting and hanging out with them. They would be like, "Yo Ally!" And they would move their coat that they had been using to save a spot for me. I loved it. I felt like I fitted in when I was there. And, since I hung out with them, their hobbies rubbed off on me. Like sports, swearing in public, and I even ended up dressing like them. 

So, when I walked into Alligator Creek Junior High, I expected to be accepted. I sat at the boys table. When I did, it was as if an alien had just came to join us. They looked at me as if I had something sticking out of my nose or I had chocolate smeared on my cheeks. I suddenly became self- conciencous. What was it? Why were they looking at me like that? Once I had finished my bagel, I gathered up my lunch and left. They had been silent. The whole time. When I left, I looked over my shoulder to see their chatter resume as if nothing had happened. I pursed my lips. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself as if for the first time, in the mirror. 

A 11-year old girl with a neon green nike sweatshirt, long, baggy pants, adidas shoes and a Cubs baseball hat stared back at me. I sighed. Maybe I should try to act more like a girl. Maybe it would do me some good. I groaned. No. This is who you are. I told myself. I nodded tersely and got my basketball from out of my back pack. 

As I reached the front door looking out into the playground, I started to dribble my basketball. I did it as quickly as I could, I pounded my way to the basketball hoop, where the game had stopped because of my presence. The ball soared through the air, the hoop and bounced out of the net. I caught it right before it was about to go above my head. Then, for extra effect, I spat on the ground and shot another hoop. Then, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I whirled around. A cute guy with pale skin and curly black hair and stormy grey eyes looked at me and said, "You're good." I smirked. "Yup." He laughed, not loudly, but a small little laugh that barely anyone could hear. I liked him instantly. 

He raised his hand, "I call her for my team!" He said, I blushed a bit, but then quickly tried to cover it up by pretending I was cold. "No, you can't do that Hugo, she's on my team!" Said a husky tan, blonde guy that could easily become a sufer in an ad. I dribbled the ball a bit, with my eye still on the ball, I said slowly, "Pick a number between one and ten." The surfer dude picked 5, the cute one picked 8. I smiled, "Hugo, was it?" He nodded, I shook his hand, "I am officially part of your team." He smiled, I almost melted. When he smiles, his whole face lights up and fills the area with a kind of glow. He has a small gap between his teeth and his freckles play along from the tip of his nose to the dimples in his cheeks. (Talk about love at first sight. Sheesh.)

After recess, (in which our team successfully beat the others, [Beckett's]) I had art class. Which was perfect, because art is my favorite thing. Ever. When we got there, I almost dropped my stuff. Hugo was sitting next to an empty seat. He was drawing on a scratch sheet of paper. Like I have done, so many times. 

I sat next to him, not really thinking. I could see the tips of his ears redden, that made a warm feeling shoot from up my chest all the way up to the tips of my hair. "I- like your shirt," he mumbled. I looked down at my sweatshirt. "Why thank you. I like yours too." His ears reddened again, and I felt like I could fly. 

Should I continue??? Tell me in comments!

Re: TA-DA!!! :)
new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:56 pm

You should totally continue! It's a really good story line and I'd like to know what happens next! 

Re: TA-DA!!! :)
new

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 pm
omg i love this! this could totally happen in real life and i think you should continue this!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team