Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 19 posts ] Average score:  
 Tales of Beedle the Bard

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 pm
Hey fellow Stackers! So um, who has read TBB? And what did you think of it? SPOILER ALERTS! I loved all of them, except the warlock's hairy heart. It was disgusting, and the pictures were not really necessary. It was so weird :/ . But I did love the one with the "magic" fountain. :)

Re: Tales of Beedle the Bard
new

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm
I hate "The Warlock's hairy heart too!" My favorite was "The fountain of fair fortune". I loved the commentary.

new

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm
I really liked the story about Babbitty Rabbity's hopping stump-it was pretty funny.

new

Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 pm
I've read all of the Tales of Beedle the Bard, and I loved them! I really like the way J.K Rowling wrote all these extra books during her writing of the series. My favourite is The Tale of the Three Brothers because the way Emma Watson reads it in the film is outstanding. I love the story, the writing style and the plot. What about you? Do you like The Tale of the Three Brothers? Thanks :)

Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 pm
I KNOW! Warlock's Hairy Heart was so GROSS! I Stopped just as he was getting overwhelmed, but I saw the picture on the next page and it FREAKED ME OUT! Also, I liked The story with the jumping pot! Funny! :)

new

Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm
Okay, i read tales of beetle the bard. So, i think my favorite was Babbitty Rabbitty's hopping stump. The book wasn't mine, but my one condition to read it was to NOT READ THE WARLOCK'S HAIRY HEART.

new

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm
I also really liked 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard', it really helped readers get a bigger picture about The Deathly Hallows, and what kinds of fairy tales young witches and wizards grew up with. It was really interesting to compare the fairy tales we grew up with to the wizarding fairy tales. I also enjoyed reading 'Quidditch Through the Ages', and 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'. They really tied in with the main series, while still giving us a wider view of the wizarding world, culture, and history.

new

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:47 am
When I read Dumbledore's commentary of 'Babbity Rabbity's cackling Stump', I got a whole new view on the chapter 'Mad Eye Moody' in GoF. What I imagined Draco was thinking before: "Aah! I'm covered in fur! Why am I squeaking? WHY THE HECK AM I SQUEAKING!?! He turned me into a ferret! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! OW!" Now, Dumbledore said that when you transfigure someone into an animal, they forget they were ever wizards. Here's what I think Draco was thinking now: "Where am I? Who are you? You look scary! Oooh! Cool stick! Why are you pointing it at me? What are you--- OW! OH MY GOD! HOW ARE YOU BOUNCING ME? OW!" JKR really should have thought about that before writing that in his commentary.

new

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:31 pm
I have the book, yes, and I tried to read all of them I love fountain of fortune!

new

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32 am
I disagree. I think The Warlock's Hairy Heart was awesome. I also liked Babbity Rabbity. All of Dumbledore's commentary is really good -Ravenclaws102

new

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:25 pm
My fave tale in The Tales of Beedle the Bard is The Tale of The Three Brothers!

It's probably the most important tale in there, because it shows us the story behind the Elder Wand.

~amusedchicken22

new

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 am
Babbity Rabbity!

s u m m e r d a w n 2 8

new

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:12 pm
my favorite was probably the warlocks hairy heart or the fountain of fair fortune. My least favorite rabbity babbity

new

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm currently reading Tales of Beedle the Bard, and I've read all the stories but one; The Warlock's Hairy Heart. The recommendations for it on here are good and bad, but one said that a picture on a page in that story freaked you out. Which page was that, and to those who love the story, tell me why I should read it, and how it is good.

I read the Commentary of The Warlock's Hairy Heart, however, and Dumbledore says it is far by the most terrifying and violent of Beedle's tales, and most parents rarely share it with their kids until the kids don't have many nightmares anymore. I learned about the story, it sounds good, but I want to know the parts that are gross or scary first. 

No spoilers please, just describe it a bit without as many spoilers possible, and tell me the page number of the terrifying picture. Tell me how it is good and bad, with details, please, and tell me what you really think of it. Thanks!

new

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 am

@catgymnastics- basically he kills a person and replaces his heart with theirs. Bad things happen. It's bloody and gross, but it's at the point it's so dang disgusting it's funny.

new

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 am

Thanks :D I read it during the Readathon, and it was great!

new

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:29 am

I know, the warlock's heart was nasty. I almost threw up after reading that one. My favorite is the fountain of fair fortune. anyone else think beedle was out of his mind? it was better than quidditch through the ages, though...

new

Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:42 pm

I agree with your opinion of the "Warlocks Hairy Heart."  That story and including the pictures kind of freaked me out.

My Favorite story was the fountain one and the Deathly Hallows one too.  The suspense and the surprises made the stories interesting.

AthenaBrainy52

new

Thu May 14, 2015 11:26 pm

I didn't like The Warlock's Hairy Heart either. I liked Babbity Rabbity and her Cackling Stump the best. 

[ 19 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team