Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 The Bad Day
frequent_contributor

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I like to call it a good day when I don't throw up in the middle of the school parking lot. You can call today one of my bad days.

I woke up this morning, earlier than usual, feeling sick to my stomach. I went to the bathroom, hoping that would make me feel better. Not surprisingly, it didn't. When my dad put a bowl of cream of wheat in front of me, I felt worse than before. I poked it with my spoon and stared off into the distance. Suddenly, I started coughing. It was the kind of coughing that lets you know that something is coming up your throat and needs to get out. I ran to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet bowl. I threw up some stuff that looked like brown spit. It floated around in the water, begging to be flushed and sent to the sewer.

I was soon back in the living room and at the brown wood table. My plastic bowl was still there. I managed to eat a couple of spoonfuls. I was feeling better than before. My stomach was still growling at me. It felt like tiny people were throwing rocks into my stomach, wanting me to be sick. I sighed and brought my bowl, still full of cream of wheat, to the kitchen counter. I brushed my teeth and continued my morning ritual, getting dressed. As I walked into my room, it felt like someone was throwing boulders in my stomach. I started coughing. Still in my flannel pajamas, I ran to the bathroom and threw up what I was sure was cream of wheat. I lasted a little while in the bathroom, just in case I threw up again. That time, I was pretty sure I would be okay. I didn't feel wonderful, but not terrible, either. I got dressed, and soon walked out the door with my dad.

We walked to the school. I still felt pretty gross. My feet just continued following my dad's, overpowering my body. If I wanted to run into the street and dance a polka, I couldn't. My feet kept on walking, kind of like the Energizer Bunny. I tried to stop, just to see if it would work, but I couldn't. I guess my feet were determined to show me that I could make it to the school without throwing up in the middle of the street. You could say that I did, because I kind of did. We just crossed the cross walk, and suddenly I started coughing. "Are you okay?" my dad asks. I tell him yes, even though, no, I was not okay. I threw up in the school parking lot. I felt so embarrassed, hoping no one would see me and my spit-barf, now, on the grass. So, then we turned back home.

My dad talked with Iris, the crossing guard, for a couple seconds. Then we walked back home. Suddenly, my feet were in control again. They were burning up. I walked short, quick steps to cool them off. When we got back home, my dad called the school nurse. I watched The Mr. Men Show, threw up again, and took a nap. Being sick is not my favorite thing.

Re: The Bad Day
N/A

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:46 pm
  Ewww...puking. ;( I hate puking. It's absolutely the worst sickness you can ever get, in my book.
                Everyone deserves to cry.
              "80% of girls at least age 12 have a boyfriend. If you are part of the 20% that doesn't have a boyfriend at least age 12, copy and paste this to your sign-off."
               "Everybody falls sometimes, gotta find the strength to rise..."
                        Kutless, "What Faith Can Do"
               -Teresa

frequent_contributor

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 pm

_TheLooker23_ wrote:
  Ewww...puking. ;( I hate puking. It's absolutely the worst sickness you can ever get, in my book.
                Everyone deserves to cry.
              "80% of girls at least age 12 have a boyfriend. If you are part of the 20% that doesn't have a boyfriend at least age 12, copy and paste this to your sign-off."
               "Everybody falls sometimes, gotta find the strength to rise..."
                        Kutless, "What Faith Can Do"
               -Teresa

What about Cancer? That sounds pretty bad.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:32 am
Yeah,a couple months ago I got sick like that.No school.No ''RAH!'' about staying home...Uck.

~Sarah

`

new

Sun May 27, 2012 12:06 am
I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR THROWING A BOYS BOOK IN A SWEAR .

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team