Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 The Choice (The Bane's sequel) Prologue
N/A

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:20 pm
  I just wrote this, and it really starts to put the story into perspective...I like it, because it's one of those dramatic prologues, which then makes you want to read the rest of the book. (a tactic I learned from Kira. :smileywink:)
   So...yeah! Here's the prologue...I might write chapter 1 today as well, but I might not make that the excerpt. :smileytongue: When I get to a chapter that I really like, I'll post it for you. :smileyhappy:
   So, without further ado...THE PROLOGUE!!! YAY!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small black stain on the carpet slowly began to come alive, bubbling and boiling. It was in the hotel, the hotel that Teresa had stayed at with her friends in Los Angeles.
 One could describe it as revival, but it could also be called un-extinction. The once destroyed species slowly came alive again as this black stain awoke from what was supposed to be an eternal sleep.
 It rose from the ground like a shadow of a person standing up. It was deformed and broken, not as it was when it was powerful. Now it was weak, crippled…it only had so much strength…
 It walked slowly, examining everything around it. It had just been reborn, reborn from the ashes, the only one of it’s kind to have been killed. For everyone knows that if you kill something, it will just come back- and it will multiply.
 The black blob quickly decided that it would need a place to stay…it would need a cold, wet place to rebuild it’s life. Then it could rebuild it’s species over the course of nine months. There would be millions of them, and after a few more years, their entire species would be back to normal.
 The black blob was suddenly wisped away, taken to a place it wished to be. Something had transported it, some sort of power…
 It ended up in a cove, wet and dark. Perfect, it thought. Now I can begin again my species’ age of life.
 But before I begin, it thought, I must remember my name of origin. Where do I come from? What is my name? What is my duty?
 Then, suddenly, a voice told him exactly the answers to these questions.
 “You come from Halbin. Your name is the nothingness king. Your duty is to revive your species and destroy those who destroyed you and your family- the Keepers.”

Re: The Choice (The Bane's sequel) Prologue
frequent_vsitor

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 pm
Yay! A sequel! It's so terrible that I'm reading this while I'm in the middle of The Bane, but I just can't help myself. I'm celebrating having no homework for two days in a row, or I would edit. Maybe I'll do it later.

P.S. Currently on Chapter 14 of The Bane.

"It's not a question of can or can't.. There are some things in life you just do."
                                                                                          - Lightning

Re: The Choice (The Bane's sequel) Prologue
N/A

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm

_writermage_ wrote:
Yay! A sequel! It's so terrible that I'm reading this while I'm in the middle of The Bane, but I just can't help myself. I'm celebrating having no homework for two days in a row, or I would edit. Maybe I'll do it later.

P.S. Currently on Chapter 14 of The Bane.

"It's not a question of can or can't.. There are some things in life you just do."
                                                                                          - Lightning

Coolio!  COMMENTER! OH MY GOODNESS, NO ONE HAS COMMENTED ON THE BANE THAT WASN'T MY COUSIN!...BESIDES YOU!!!
     *does a happy dance*
    LOL...Well, the writing is going a bit slow, so you might want to slow down a bit on reading this...LOL. :smileytongue: I'm currently on chapter 3...but I'm not really sure exactly what's going to happen next.
                  Everyone deserves to cry.
                   WE MISS YOU, CRAZYNACHOS!

-Teresa

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team