Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 THE CORIOLIS EFFECT~the prologue of a novel by Anna
new

Sat May 04, 2013 1:14 am
PROLOGUE

In the way, Haley Coriolis felt. Always in the way.

When she was little---not more than one---she had to be fed and changed before Harry's third soccer game, making him late for the game.

In the way. Always in the way.

When she was three, she loved to touch things: hold them, feel them, their warmth, their beauty. Unfortunately, she took her mother's glasses on more than one occasion, and left the dish soap in her closet where she had taken it. Her parents got very mad at her. They didn't understand why she couldn't be more like Harry.

When she was five, she was late to her first day of kindergarten because in the hustle and bustle of Harry's first day of fifth grade, she was forgotten.

In third grade, she won a statewide essay contest, but she couldn't tell her parents. They were too busy fawning over Harry's game of baseball, where he had gotten two people out in his position as third baseman. When her mother had gone to get another soda from the pantry, she said to Haley, "Get out of the way, you."

Now Haley was going into middle school. Maybe, she thought, just maybe I will have friends.

Re: THE CORIOLIS EFFECT~the prologue of a novel by Anna
new

Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 pm
Do you like it? Please tell me!!!!!! <3, Anna :D

new

Sun May 19, 2013 12:08 pm
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease???????????? Pretty please with a pound of chocolate sprinkles and three million cherries on top tell me what you think!!!! Please!!!!! I'm begging you!!!!!!

new

Thu May 23, 2013 9:21 pm
Hey, I think your book is very good so far. I think its something we can all relate to. We have all felt in the way sometimes. I do all the time. When you finish your book please post it. I would love to read it!!!!!

new

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:28 pm
I like your book. My question is, who was always in the way ? Harry. Be a little more specific in the work. Your saying that the girls parents are thinking about Harry to much, other than her. I should say there is a bit more things you can write about. Like if she does something to her brother or her parents. Either way, I like the beginning of your story.

frequent_vsitor

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:13 pm
I really enjoyed the technique you used for the prologue. I disagree with brainypuma10. I think prologues need to be slightly eerie and unclear, but not so much that you can't understand any of it. It sounds very interesting! Keep writing! ~Ella

new

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:30 pm
luv it!! write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team