Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  

Would you keep reading?
Yes 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
If you write more 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 13
 The Crystal Butterfly
new

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Imagine, a crystal butterfly, so colorful and enchanting, just begging you to take it. Now, imagine the person trying to take it. That's me. No I'm not a thief. Ok, maybe, I am, but I didn't get away with the butterfly. Wait, maybe I should start from the beginning.

My name is Lacey Abbot. I am 12, and I live with my mom and dad and little brother. I like to read and would not have heard about the butterfly except from a book about weird facts. I was so facinated by that fact. I showed my friends. Thinking back, they looked suspiciously like bad girls. They wore black makeup, black shirts, black sneakers, black everything. Yet I wasn't suspicious. They asked me where it was. As I started giving the coordinates, they told me, that since I know where it is, go find it. 

The Crystal Butterfly Part 2
new

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:48 pm

So I am packing all my items I would need for the journey. An extra change of clothes, some energy bars, they book where I found that fact, and some more miscellaneous items. Then I told my mom I was going to a sleepover at one of my friend's houses. I headed for the bus.                                                                                                                                                                         When I got to the bus stop, there were a lot of people. So i just minded my own buisness and kept walking. I came to a more empty bus stop. I sat down on the bench. The bus arrived. Now I know why nobody was at the bus stop. The bus was black and eerie. I didn't want to go in. But I had to to. I needed to see the butterfly, take a picture. So i got on. The driver looked like a zombie. I wondered about the bus. I realized I was sitting on a bed. So I fell asleep....

Re: The Crystal Butterfly
new

Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 am

It's a cool story, but you need to be more descriptive and have more conversation.

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team